THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pierced Heart Kabal.

Go down 
+6
Siticus the Ancient
Evil Space Elves
Allandrel
Count Adhemar
Firdeth
Cavash
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Pierced Heart Kabal. Empty
PostSubject: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01 2012, 20:08

Pierced Heart Kabal. 102_0713
Pierced Heart Kabal. 102_0714
Pierced Heart Kabal. 102_0715
Pierced Heart Kabal. 102_0716
Pierced Heart Kabal. 102_0717
Pierced Heart Kabal. 102_0719

I apologise for the poor image quality. These aren't my first squad of Warriors, but seeing as these shall be the first that I will post I shall try especially hard to get them to an acceptable standard. I only have the old colours, so it may look a bit different compared to other people's paintint.

Edit: Couldn't have had a better start painting them. While spraying them the wind was quite strong, one sot off down the garden and snapped his head off. He is recovering at the moment with superglue and polycement.

Pierced Heart Kabal. YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 07:41

First victim fallen to the wind eh?

Yeah the pics are blurry but I can see where you are going modeling wise. I like the one on the right on the last pic with the helmet on his hand, looking at his trophy.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 14:48

Yeah, he was just clamped between my fingers, then suddenly he shot off into the grass. I did consider having him tortured for abandoning his post.

I have the first layer of Midnight Blue done on their armour and have painted their weapons with Boltgun. Next I shall drybrush the armour white before washing them with Asurmen Blue. When the wash has dried I shall highlight them, so I'll have them finished either later today or tomorrow.

Last edited by Cavash on Sat Jul 28 2012, 22:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 16:09

Always knew Dark Eldar would be killed by a stiff breeze.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 21:53

Pierced Heart Kabal. 102_0722

Okay, so this, quite clearly, is not finished yet, but this ishow the armour is looking with only the first wash, before the Highlights that I shall apply later.

Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 22:22

Cavash wrote:
Okay, so this, quite clearly, is not finished yet, but this ishow the armour is looking with only the first wash, before the Highlights that I shall apply later.

VERY nice. What paints and wash did you use?
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 22:27

Thanks Allandrel. I started off by Priming them with Chaos Black. When they had dried I used Mordian Blue foundation and then HEAVILYY drybrushed them in Skull white. Whe I say heavily, I really mean heavily. Then I just washed them in Asurmen Blue, and because I was lazy I dried them with a hair drier, just to speed things along.
I have only used Leadbelcher for the metallics so far.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 23:11

Damn fine results! Can you show a picture of one that you have done before washing?(After the white drybrush) It turned out quite well!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 23:18

Indeed I can, ESE. It shall have to be tomorrow though, as I will get one of my test models to re-do. in the meantime however I do have a WIP Razorwing:
Pierced Heart Kabal. 102_0723
And some WIP Incubi:
Pierced Heart Kabal. 102_0613

Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 23:20

Cavash wrote:
Thanks Allandrel. I started off by Priming them with Chaos Black. When they had dried I used Mordian Blue foundation and then HEAVILYY drybrushed them in Skull white. Whe I say heavily, I really mean heavily. Then I just washed them in Asurmen Blue, and because I was lazy I dried them with a hair drier, just to speed things along.
I have only used Leadbelcher for the metallics so far.

Interesting. I've done a bit of experimenting with applying washes after highlights and like the results, but I haven't gotten anything that has as much texture as these do.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03 2012, 13:08

Do you want to know my secret? I'm a wizard!
At least, that's what I tell people. It's just experimentation really. The first squad that I ever painted is far darker than this one as I did not apply as much skull white. My second squad is painted in a completely different manner, with black basecoat, silver armour and then washed with Asurmen blue. That made quite a nice effect, but I decided that it isn't good enough for an entire army, so after more experimentation I finally settled on this way of doing it.

I apologise for the quality of these pictures. It seems that the sun is reluctant to shows it's face today.
This picture shows how much skull white I use before washing. The model's right shin has not had any Skull White applied, just for comparrison. In real life the blue is darker, but my light isn't on my side today.
Pierced Heart Kabal. 102_0724
I've repeated the process of drybrushing then washing the models, and I like how the armour has turned out now, so I will start working on the loincloths and metallics. Again, this picture isn't doing it justice, so when I get better conditions I shall take more pictures.
Pierced Heart Kabal. 102_0725

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 19:41

Pierced Heart Kabal. 102_0711

Eight Warriors finished. I am relatively pleased with them.

I don't know what to do next, a converted Haemie or and old codex Archon.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 22:36

ARCHON!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 22:43

Hell Mask wearing, agoniser gauntlet wielding, huge pauldroned big head it is then! Razz

I love that model. I got him for £7.00 off of ebay, brand new and un-opened. Man, I was so pleased.

Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08 2012, 09:26

Sweet looking kabalites! Nice, clean and simple, the shading was mostly done with washes, correct?

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08 2012, 13:02

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
Sweet looking kabalites! Nice, clean and simple, the shading was mostly done with washes, correct?

Thanks Siticus.

Yes, all of the shading was done with washes and drybrushes, so no highlighting was involved, making it quick and easy.

Edit: Okay, now I'm pretty sure that i'm cursed. I keep on dropping models and their tiny heads fall off. I'm fine with that, but what really annoys me is when I'm walking down the stairs with y archon, inspecting the agoniser hand as I have missed a bit of metal that needs basecoating, and suddenly, as I raise him towards my face, his arm falls off the model and lands in my tea.
That's not cool, Archon. Now your hand smells like bergamot no body will take you seriously now, will they?! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
malevolent_one
Slave
malevolent_one

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10 2012, 01:04

Wow that blue you've achieved is ridiculous.
Great job on the OSL on the helmets as well.
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 09:08

Really good colors! Cannot wait to see the Archon with the same treatment.
Back to top Go down
Xasper
Slave
Xasper

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 12:51

Those are some awesome looking models! I think I might copy your technique, it seems relatively simple and has awesome results. Clever!

Could you perhaps explain how you paint your Jetfighter/bomber? Because that is looking pretty awesome aswell
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 22:07

Thanks guys.

I shall have some pictures of my archon up next week, although I'll post him stage by stage, I think.

I do like my OSL, although I have to admit it isn't as good as it was on my first squad, but I can't remember why.

You feel free to steal whatever painting techniques you want. Essentially, for my Razorwing I started off with it painted completely black. I then Drybrushed the edges with Ultrasmurf Blue, then I washed it with Asurmen. Then I repeated this about four times with gradualy smaller layers of Skull white. I did the last couple of washes over the whole model, not just the drybrushed edges.
Then I went around the edges of the crevasses with Skull White before adding Black Ink to the dips. I then repeated the highlight.

Hope that helps!

Back to top Go down
Rite'ash
Slave
Rite'ash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 14:46

We need to see about getting you a better camera - these look so much better when you see them for real. Very Happy

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 17:17

lol, Thank you.

I do like my camera, however, and he shall be taking plenty more photos to be uploaded soon. At the moment I'm working on finishing a Kabalite Warrior squad which is a kitbash between Wych and Warrior pieces. Also I have my old edition Archon.

His Hell Mask is just too awesome! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Rite'ash
Slave
Rite'ash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 18:11

Hell yes - the Archon was a great find Very Happy

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 19:18

Well, I've been quite lazy recently, but I have been making stuff of spare parts, so I do have pictures to upload. I shall have them up in a while.

Back to top Go down
Rite'ash
Slave
Rite'ash

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 19:22

You? Lazy? Never LOL

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pierced Heart Kabal.   Pierced Heart Kabal. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pierced Heart Kabal.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next