THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!

Go down 
+5
Evil Space Elves
Siticus the Ancient
Allandrel
Cavash
Gobsmakked
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! Empty
PostSubject: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 19:33

OK, so hockey and soccer are done, and basketball. So, we should be able to get plenty of painting done this month.

So what you going to build/paint/convert this month?

Make a vow and then at the end of the month, show us your progress with a picture ...... (remember, a picture or a link here in this thread or it didn't happen! ).

This is a great way to motivate yourself and other denizens, or to just humiliate yourself a bit more publicly ....... and at the end, you will have a new, tabletop-ready piece or unit ready to pillage and plunder with in 6th edition.

Beginning this month, as an extra incentive to participants and also to provide a simple summary for voyeurs, I will record each denizen's pledge and then mark them off in some spiffy, yet-to-be-determined manner when they complete it.

Denizens and their vows for the month of July (completed in purple):

Cavash - paint a Kabalite Warrior squad

Allandrel - paint a squad of 10 Kabalite Warriors

Siticus the Ancient - paint 13 members of Ashborn Warband

Evil Space Elves - 1 Masters thesis (on how not to delete posts), detail 3 Hellions, bases and tribal designs on 14 Hellions, and convert an allied Corsair Prince/Autarch.

Count Adhemar - convert and paint a Beastmaster unit consisting of 4 Beastmasters, 4 Razorwing Flocks, and 5 (maybe 10) Khymerae. Perhaps also a Baron conversion. Become a Dad!!!

Plague - finish painting 40 Wyches, and assemble 10 Hellions, 4 Khymera, 5 Razorwing Flocks, and 3 Beast Masters.

KnightSeerValkia - paint 1 squad of Kabalite Warriors and 1 squad of Wyches, and time permitting, paint/assemble a HQ choice.

Sendreavus - finish a 10-Wyche squad, a Venom, a Ravager, 10 Warriors, a Raider and an Archon.

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Wed Aug 01 2012, 17:12; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 19:50

I, Cavash, vow to paint my latest Warrior squad to the highest standard that I possibly can. Unfortunately, I have less than a week to finish them until I disappear for a while, but it should be manageable.
Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 19:55

I vow to complete my ten-man warrior squad that currently consists of a final test model (that I am very happy with!) and nine fully modeled and painted bases.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03 2012, 22:54

I vow to paint thirteen members of my Ashborn warband. A week or so old WIP shot included!

The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! IMG_6549
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04 2012, 03:55

I vow to finish the following:
1. My Masters thesis Mad
2. The details on the last three Hellions, the bases on all 14 in the unit, and the teal tribal designs on all of the boards.
3. Convert my allied Corsair Prince/Autarch. The LFGS is starting a Wednesday night escalation league. If they allow FW lists I will be busting out a Corsair army this summer!!! Just ordered some upgrade parts for the infantry and will butchering a Yriel model for my prince.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04 2012, 12:43

I vow to convert and paint my Beastmaster unit, consisting of:

4 Beastmasters made from converted Hellions (just need to find some decent heads to use)
2 Ground-based Razorwing Flocks made from the old metal Tyranid Ripper Swarm models
2 Clawed Fiends using (very, very) old Ambull models
5 Khymerae made from Fenrisian wolves

Might try a Baron conversion from the remaining Hellion in the box but can't guarantee that will be included in the vow.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04 2012, 18:23

Some denizens are going to be pretty busy this month! This is great everyone, keep them coming!
Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04 2012, 19:27

I vow to finish painting 40 wyches
Assemble 10 hellions, 4 Khymera, 5 Razorwing Flocks, and 3 Beast Masters
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2012, 02:01

Something small for me:

*Finalise Paint schemes for Kabalites and Wyches
* Paint 1 Squad of Kabalite Warriors
* Paint 1 Squad of Wyches
* IF I have time, paint/assemble an HQ choice
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2012, 02:11

Gobsmakked wrote:

Denizens and their vows for the month of July:

Cavash - paint a kabalite warrior squad

Allandrel - paint a squad of 10 kabalite warriors

Siticus the Ancient - paint 13 members of Ashborn warband

Evil Space Elves - 1 Masters thesis, detail 3 Hellions, bases and tribal designs on 14 Hellions, and convert an allied Corsair Prince/Autarch.

Count Adhemar - convert and paint a Beastmaster unit consisting of 4 Beastmasters, 2 Razorwing Flocks, 2 Clawed Fiends, and 5 Khymerae. Perhaps also a Baron conversion.

Plague - finish painting 40 wyches, and assemble 10 hellions, 4 Khymera, 5 Razorwing Flocks, and 3 Beast Masters.

Oh dear God, he really is going to publicly shame us! I'm getting back to those Hellions straight away before I end up on a Haemonculus' table somewhere silent
Back to top Go down
Sendreavus
Hellion
Sendreavus

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2012, 04:23

I vow to finish my 10 wych squad, venom, ravager, 10 warriors, raider and archon

Phew, better get cracking.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2012, 18:19

Details of the three Hellions completed!
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! 2012-07-05_10-04-34_21
Now I just have to do all of the bases and tribal designs on these:
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! 2012-07-05_10-08-16_408
And cut this guys head off...
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! 2012-07-05_10-10-20_385
I'm not going to show what a trainwreck my Masters thesis is right now...
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2012, 18:56

Wow, great Hellions, ESE.

Out of curiosity, what are you doing a Masters in?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2012, 19:06

Education.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2012, 19:09

Cool, good luck with it and don't get too distracted by the DEldar on your shelf, I say that, but I do want to see your models finished, of course. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 19:44

Finished my Warriors:Linky
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 22:35

Hellion bases completed in one, boring sitting:
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! 2012-07-07_14-29-33_240
Now for the teal runes, finishing the Corsair Prince conversion, and, oh yeah-my Masters thesis Mad
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10 2012, 16:54

Finished the Hellions completely!
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! 2012-07-10_08-47-23_292
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! 2012-07-10_08-48-27_534
Now for that Corsair Prince and thesis...I have to convert a Venom for Corsair duty with catapults and Scatter Laser tonight and tomorrow morning for the escalation league.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10 2012, 19:36

Those hellions look fantastic! With Baron leading them, it's quite a breathtaking sight.

Good luck on the thesis!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12 2012, 15:01

Finished my Ashborn. Here's the link.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12 2012, 15:53

Count Adhemar wrote:
I vow to convert and paint my Beastmaster unit, consisting of:

4 Beastmasters made from converted Hellions (just need to find some decent heads to use)
2 Ground-based Razorwing Flocks made from the old metal Tyranid Ripper Swarm models
2 Clawed Fiends using (very, very) old Ambull models
5 Khymerae made from Fenrisian wolves

Might try a Baron conversion from the remaining Hellion in the box but can't guarantee that will be included in the vow.

On the advice of the esteemed members of this forum I'm ditching the Clawed Fiends from my Beastmaster unit. I will exchange these for 2 more Razorwing Flocks and might add another 5 Khymerae in (the first 5 are completed other than bases so pics to follow soon).
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 00:45

THESIS DONE AND SUBMITTED! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
All that I have left is to convert the Corsair Prince once my FW order gets here!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 10:04

Evil Space Elves wrote:
THESIS DONE AND SUBMITTED! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Congratulations ESE, I am sure that it deserves to be a huge success cheers In recognition, your entry for this month gets the coveted purple-text treatment, and you have won these luv'ly webway cookies! Very Happy

The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! Greatest-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-Recipe-DRW
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 03:22

Only four more sleeps 'til the end of the month. Perhaps I need to break out the #3 Aggie to help speed things along, hmmmm?

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29 2012, 16:41

Well, just about made it in time! In my defense, having a newborn baby in the house seriously restricts your available painting time.

The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! P1000159
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! P1000162
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! P1000166
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! P1000167
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! P1000168
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! P1000170
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! P1000171
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! P1000172
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! P1000173
The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! P1000174

I'm happy with the beasts. I didn't want to convert my wolves as the background for my Kabal features wolves fairly heavily so I just wanted them to count as Khymerae but be unmistakably wolven. The old metal Rippers also do a fairly good job filling in for Razorwing flocks and I can well imagine them tearing their prey to shreds in the same way as the birds would.

My only issue is the Beastmasters themselves. Whilst I'm happy with the way they turned out, I'm only happy with them as Hellions rather than Beastmasters. I think I'm going to get some more and build a proper Hellion unit for them to join and I'm leaning towards Cold One Knights for replacement Beastmasters. That will have to wait a while though as my Ravagers are next on my list, to help get my army onto the table sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next