THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!

Go down 
+5
Evil Space Elves
Siticus the Ancient
Allandrel
Cavash
Gobsmakked
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31 2012, 21:57

Count Adhemar wrote:
Well, just about made it in time! In my defense, having a newborn baby in the house seriously restricts your available painting time.

Congratulations Count Adhemar, that is great news!

And completely understandable re: painting, I will mark you as 'completed' anyway. Besides, it looks like you made it except for the Baron, who was only a possible?

Count Adhemar wrote:
My only issue is the Beastmasters themselves. Whilst I'm happy with the way they turned out, I'm only happy with them as Hellions rather than Beastmasters. I think I'm going to get some more and build a proper Hellion unit for them to join and I'm leaning towards Cold One Knights for replacement Beastmasters. That will have to wait a while though as my Ravagers are next on my list, to help get my army onto the table sooner rather than later.

You whole unit looks great, but I would agree about the Hellions. I used them as well, but swapped out their regular weapons for multiple whips to differentiate them quite effectively.

Well done!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!   The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01 2012, 10:07

Gobsmakked wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
Well, just about made it in time! In my defense, having a newborn baby in the house seriously restricts your available painting time.

Congratulations Count Adhemar, that is great news!

And completely understandable re: painting, I will mark you as 'completed' anyway. Besides, it looks like you made it except for the Baron, who was only a possible?

Count Adhemar wrote:
My only issue is the Beastmasters themselves. Whilst I'm happy with the way they turned out, I'm only happy with them as Hellions rather than Beastmasters. I think I'm going to get some more and build a proper Hellion unit for them to join and I'm leaning towards Cold One Knights for replacement Beastmasters. That will have to wait a while though as my Ravagers are next on my list, to help get my army onto the table sooner rather than later.

You whole unit looks great, but I would agree about the Hellions. I used them as well, but swapped out their regular weapons for multiple whips to differentiate them quite effectively.

Well done!

Thank you. I bought some extra shardnets for my Wyches before 6th came along so I might try them with the cold one knights as alternative beastmasters. I also saw the massive whips on the new Slaaneshi Daemon Chariots and wondered if I could get my hands on a few of them but I doubt there will be many available on Bitz sites for a while yet.

The Monthly Vow - July - summer holidays, lots of time for painting!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2