THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Raider Entering from Reserves

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

Raider Entering from Reserves Empty
PostSubject: Raider Entering from Reserves   Raider Entering from Reserves I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18 2012, 00:10

In a recent game, I had difficulty in moving my Raiders onto the board from Reserves. Specifically, moving them only 6" onto the board so that embarked models can shoot at their full BS. Measuring from bow to stern, all of my Raiders are more than 6", and nothing can be hanging off the board.

Can I move the Raider as if it were sideways, touching the edge with its side, rotate forward, then move 6" forward, to allow a short move onto the board but still fit?

Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Raider Entering from Reserves   Raider Entering from Reserves I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18 2012, 01:02

BRB p124 wrote:
...it must move fully onto the table [...] Each model's move is measured from the edge of the battlefield, as if they had been positioned just off the board in the previous turn and moved as normal.

So, if you are able to move a raider so that it ends it's movement sideways, just of the board, but without entering the board, then do it, but I'd advise against it.

mukslinger
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Raider Entering from Reserves   Raider Entering from Reserves I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18 2012, 15:10

Yes, you can start with the swivel trick. There is nothing to suggest you can't. You can end up reaching a couple of inches more, but raiders could always do this.

Also, you can technically move sideways. Skimmers ignore everything, unless they start or end the movement in something. So, your skimmer starts sideways, goes into the air, swivels in the air, moves thru the air, swivels again and ends the movement. Which is essentially a sideways move. As you can see, this makes moving skimmers pretty easy.

Feel free to start sideways on the edge of the table, move in sideways 6 inches, swivel if you want for position/range. The result is the same, just makes it easier for you to move the raider in.

Back to top Go down
Kayto_Karite
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Raider Entering from Reserves   Raider Entering from Reserves I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01 2012, 12:49

I agree with mukslinger.

In the rules for moving vehicles pg.71 it states "...measure to and from their hull..." it also states "...vehicles can turn any number of times as they move..."

It doesn't say you have to use the hull with Front Armor or Rear Armor. It doesn't say that you must do a foward or reverse movement. This will also apply to rhinos, land raiders, etc...

In the Reserve pg.124 it states "...if for some reason a model's maximum move is insufficient to fit the entire model onto the board...place the model so that its rear end is touching the board edge..."

What I get from this is you will have to use the pivot trick if you want to only move 6" and shoot. If you don't you will have to take your maximum move to get onto the table.

”We the unwilling, led by the ungrateful, are doing the impossible. We've done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do something with nothing." - Konstantin Josef Jireček

My Dark Eldar Blog: The Shardnet and Impaler - Dark Eldar Lists
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshardnetandimpaler.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raider Entering from Reserves   Raider Entering from Reserves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raider Entering from Reserves
Page 1 of 1