THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

reserves and blessings.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

reserves and blessings. Empty
PostSubject: reserves and blessings.   reserves and blessings. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 02:54

Now I know you roll reserves and psychic blessing before the movement phase.
But when you roll for reservers you move them onto the board before any other move.  Can I do this then target a unit with a blessing with a psycher that is already in play? Since you chose the order of operations.

Someone wrote this on 3++

Q: Blessings are manifested ‘at the start of the Psyker’s Movement phase’ – does this mean they happen simultaneously with Reserves rolls, Outflanking rolls etc and if so which is resolved first? (p68)

A: They do occur simultaneously – as such, the player whose turn it is decides in what order these things occur as per page 9 of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook”
Now, looking at the reserves section, we see that reserves arrive BEFORE any other units can move, they thus arrive before the movement phase as an exception (see page 9 of the rulebook 'Exceptions') to the normal turn phases ('turn summary' page 9 of the rulebook). It's movement but not in the movement phase, rather at the beginning of the turn before the movement phase. The above question doesn't reference the movement phase in the answer it states that the blessings occur simultaneously with the reserves.
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: reserves and blessings.   reserves and blessings. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 04:16

Reserves and Psychic Powers do happen at the same time. You can cast Blessings on units that arrive from Reserve, so long as the Psyker is already on the battlefield before reserve rolls are made.

However, if a Psyker enters from Reserves, they are NOT allowed to cast Blessings or any other type of Psychic Power which needs to be manifested at the beginning of the turn. pg 67, 3rd Paragraph: "On a turn that a Psyker arrives from reserves he cannot attempt to manifest any psychc powers that must be manifested at the start of the Movement Phase."

Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: reserves and blessings.   reserves and blessings. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 21:54

So you roll for reserve and move them onto the table "before" the movement phase begins?

I was under the impression that reserves still move on at the beginning of the movement phase just before your other moves take place.

-EDIT- there is no before movement phase. Just the beginning of the movement phase. so you roll for reserves and move them onto the field at the begining of the movement phase. Or do you roll for reserves, psych powers and then move your reserves on?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reserves and blessings.   reserves and blessings. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

reserves and blessings.
Page 1 of 1