THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mangobango11
Slave

750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar   750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 02:54

Hi everyone I am a new member of the forums and I need your expertise. I am setting up a 750 points list with what I have available for casual play. My past list has been turned on its head because of 6th and I want some advise on my new list, especially on the equipment side of things

HQ

Haemunculus

Mindphase Gauntlet
Liquifier gun
Scissorhand

Troops

10 Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Splinter Cannon

Raider
Disintegrator Cannon
Night Sheilds

*Would a Sybarite with Phantasm Grenade Launcher be useful? I am leaning towards no because if they are getting assaulted they are dead anyways

9 Wyches
Razorflails
Haywire Grenades
Hekatrix
Agoniser
Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Raider
Disintegrator Cannon
Night Shields

*I know they are no longer an anti-infantry assault unit, but I still think they have potential to cripple smaller squads or weakened squads if used very carefully, plus the Heamy will be in here so they will have FNP and a nasty character so will be only that much deadlier.

Fast Attack

5 Scourges
2 Haywire Blaster

*should I add in a Solarite with a Blast pistol or should I switch them to ebing anti-infantry

3 Reavers
Blaster
Grav-Talon

*I dont have enough to make it a 9 man squad or I would, if they were 9 man I would make them Heat Lances too but in such small numbers they might as well be anti-inf right?

Heavy Support

Ravager
Nightsheilds

Total

I think the math is right, if it isn't let me know, as for the extra 4 points my group of people who also play are fine with it, there is a lee-way of about 5 to ten points for the most part.

Thanks so much everyone, I hope your raids go well tonight Smile

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar   750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 03:56

Couple of little changes I would make...

Ditch the combat weapons on the as he tends to die as soon as combat starts... Plus the wyches loose fleet so he should stay in the boat.

Add splinter racks to the warrior raider

Swap the dissie on the warrior raider back to a dark lance.

Reavers are a but meh... At least as they are here. Either go caltrops and loose the blaster or go heatlance with nothing else for suicide AT.

If you have points, shock prows on the raiders as well as torment launchers are awesome!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Mangobango11
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar   750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 04:31

Okay makes sense, he is kinda lackluster as a cc unit.

Someone mentioned using smaller units in more numerous numbers. For example instead of 1 raider with 10 warriors, something like several Venoms with 5 man warrior squads. If I don't go that route, which I could do in a couple games if I proxy, then I will def add splinter racks to the raider.

I was worried about terminators but I guess one with the witches will be fine.

Yeah I agree, I would love to add caltrops and just turbo boost them all across the board!

I have heard its probably better to have smaller units of wyches in venoms, would it be better just to make them into two squads of five with haywire grenades and the phantasm grenade launcher to hunt tanks?

Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: 750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar   750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 05:10

I would keep the Warriors as a big squad so you can keep the SC. Wyches can definitely benefit from being used as smaller squads in venoms but I would not recommend it as your only assault unit.
I agree on dropping the CC weapons from the Haemy and keeping him on the boat as well as ether dropping the Grav-talon or Dropping the Blaster and taking Caltrops and the Splinter Racks on the Warrior Raider.

I would keep the Dissies on the Raiders incase you do come against some Termmies, between Haywire Grenades, your Ravager and Scourges you should have no AT issues at this lower bracket.

Finally I wouldn't bother with the Agoniser on the Hekkatrix, being only AP3 you get just as much punch out of a Power Lance or Sword against low T enemy's and for high T you have Dizzies and DL's, the other option is a Venom blade.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
Mangobango11
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar   750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 06:51

Thanks for the advise guys! With all the new changes in 6th I was very confused as how to make the a list that fit.

I will probably go with a power weapon for now but if I ever face less marine players ill switch to a venom blade.

I agree with the dissies on the raiders too, especially since they can be used against infantry if no termies are around.

Switching to Caltrops will be nice as well.

Wityh all those changes I will actually be about the same if not less so here's how it stands...

HQ

Haemunculus
Liquifier gun

Troops

10 Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Splinter Cannon

Raider
Disintegrator Cannon
Night Sheilds

9 Wyches
Razorflails
Haywire Grenades
Hekatrix
Power Sword
Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Raider
Disintegrator Cannon
Night Shields

Fast Attack

5 Scourges
2 Haywire Blaster

3 Reavers
Grav Talon
Cluster Caltrops

*I dont have enough to make it a 9 man squad or I would

Heavy Support

Ravager
Nightsheilds

Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: 750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar   750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 08:09

You can't have both the Grav-talon and the Caltrops. If you drop one you will have the points for the Splinter Racks for the Warriors.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
Mangobango11
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar   750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 07:44

Sounds like a plan, thanks agin! I am leaning towards taking away Caltrops, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: 750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar   750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 09:08

It depends on their role in you list but yea most likly it will be the Caltrops.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar   750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 10:04

If you are running small units of reaver, you pretty much have two options (like Massaen mentioned):

3 reavers, heat lance - Opportunistic/suicide tank hunter.

OR

3 reavers, caltrops - Annoying harass unit that turboboosts all the time, it will mostly be ignore by your opponent (if it isn't its drawing away fire from your main army) and can be used to contest objectives on the last turn.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Mangobango11
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar   750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29 2012, 09:38

I personally love the idea of a constant turbo boosting unit of reavers, if I increase their sizes then a heat lance squad would be viable and fun.

Also thanks for the advice Mushkilla, I regard you as the master of Reavers at this point after seeing your battle reports!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar   750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

750 point army list for casual play, begginer with Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: