THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Some Preliminary Ideas...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kulver
Slave

Some Preliminary Ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Some Preliminary Ideas...   Some Preliminary Ideas... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 05:50

This is a rough draft of what I was thinking of starting my Dark Eldar army with. One of the factors in building it this way was the fact that I can make up a huge chunk of it with 2 battleforce boxes. The incubi and grotesques are a bit pricey but I really like the models. Any input is appreciated. I am either going to cut it back a tad and go for 1500 or add a little more and shoot for 1750. One thing I was considering was giving the Archon a webway portal and adding a Talos Pain Engine ...but I don't know how practical that would be. Plus, I'm not sold on the usefulness of the grotesques even though I love the models.

HQ

1. Archon- Huskblade, Ghostplate Armor, Soultrap, Shadowfield- 145- I'm pushing for a mix of survivability and killing power with him.
2. Haemonculus (2)- Each with Liquifier Guns and Envenomed Blades- 130- One goes with the Archon and Incubi and the other with the Grotesques to spread around the pain tokens.

Elites

1. Incubi (5)- Klaivex with DemiKlaives, Murderous Assault- 155
Dedicated Transport- Raider with Nightshield- 70
2. Grotesques (4)- Abberation with Venom Blade- 155

Troops

1. Kabalite Warriors (10)- Blaster,Splinter Cannon- 115
2. Kabalite Warriors (10)- Blaster,Splinter Cannon- 115
3. Wyches (10)- 2 Hydra Gauntlets, Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix with Venom Blade- 155
4. Wyches (10)- 2 Hydra Gauntlets, Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix with Venom Blade- 155

Fast Attack

1. Reavers (6)- 2 Heat Lances- 156

That's it in a nutshell....Anything I should add or take away? I'm totally new to DE and am trying to get out of the Blood Angel mindset so any advice is useful.

Last edited by kulver on Sat Jul 28 2012, 20:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Some Preliminary Ideas...   Some Preliminary Ideas... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 09:07

That's not bad. For a list you intend to play at your flgs that is on fact pretty nice. O wouldn't bother with a wwp, in 6th they are even more fiddly and less useful than they used to be.

I would advise picking up some raiders for your warriors though. You could also benefit from squeezing in some venoms, perhaps on smaller wyche squads.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Some Preliminary Ideas...   Some Preliminary Ideas... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 09:41

well... Very Happy
Archon: drop the ghostplate armor, and if you want to keep him cheap, the huskblade and the soultrap as well, and give him a venom blade and a Phantasm Grenade Launcher - PGL...incubi need those grenades, and you get stealth Smile
you can also add combat drugs, to may or may not increase the effectiveness.
Haems good.
Incubi well...murderous assault is kind of usefull...but then he is the one who will be challenging the enemy IC, not the archon, so soul trap double nagetorry.
Grots good.
Am i seeing right? no transport for the warriors? They are going to be massacred, believe me. A 5up as isnt that good with t3
Wyches: razor flails are overally better in mathhammer results than hydra gauntlets. I dont say dont trie them, im just telling you what i experienced, and what others will also tell you.
Hydra gauntlets: good vs GEQ.
Razor flail: good on all occasions, this is a semi-execution unite.
Shardnets: Tarpit equipment, say you charge a squad of scorps, they have 1A base+1 for 2 ccw, and +1 from mandi blaster, base 3 attacks, but if in b2b to a shardnet wych, they only get 2 attacks. With good placement 18 attacks instead of 27 is much more tolerable Smile

Reavers: good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
kulver
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Some Preliminary Ideas...   Some Preliminary Ideas... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 14:07

Thanks for the tips. I would prefer the warriors in raiders but may not be able to afford the two additional ones at the moment (they will be purchased sooner or later though). What I was hoping to be able to do with them was hold back and shoot while, hopefully, the rest of the force was taking attention away from them...wishful thinking I know. I may just have to dig up the cash somewhere.

The Archon I'm not too conernced with keeping cheap. The incubi will be taking the challenges but I would also like him to be able to stand on his own when the time comes and contribute to the fight. I see your point about the soul trap though. I think I will switch to flails for the wyches.

Any thoughts on including the Talos? I'm not sure how I would actually keep him alive long enough to get into combat unless I had some serious cover but if I could it would definitely contribute I believe.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Some Preliminary Ideas...   Some Preliminary Ideas... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 14:12

on the raiders: https://www.google.hu/search?q=dark+eldar+raider+papercraft+pdf&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

talos? WWP - webway portal. Although you cant assault the turn it arrives, so you will have to hope it survives, or take up a big amount of fire before it dies off of your other unites.
Back to top Go down
kulver
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Some Preliminary Ideas...   Some Preliminary Ideas... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 14:19

Hm, I guess I will hold off on the Talos for now and maybe include a couple once I grow the force a bit. Too bad really, those are some great miniatures. Thanks for the link for the raiders.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Some Preliminary Ideas...   Some Preliminary Ideas... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 14:26

i aim to please...weather my self or my self through others is a different thing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kulver
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Some Preliminary Ideas...   Some Preliminary Ideas... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 20:43

I made a few changes to my potential list. I'm still trying to build it around the purchase of a couple battleforce boxes as the core. The Archon I kept fairly beefed up. This is both because I tend to like having my general be fairly tough in a fight and because the guy I will be playing uses a lot of independent characters. Even though my klaivex can take the challenges at first he may not last long and I want the general to be able to hold his own. What do you all think of the changes? Any other suggestions?

HQ

1. Archon- Huskblade, Ghostplate Armor, Soultrap, Shadowfield, Phantasm Grenade Launcher
2. Haemonculus (2)- Each with Liquifier Guns and Envenomed Blades- 130

Elites

1. Incubi (5)- Klaivex, Murderous Assault- 135

2. Grotesques (4)- Abberation with Venom Blade- 155

Troops

1. Kabalite Warriors (10)- Blaster,Splinter Cannon- 115
Dedicated Transport- Raider with Nightshield and Splinter Rack- 80
2. Kabalite Warriors (10)- Blaster,Splinter Cannon- 115
Dedicated Transport- Raider with Nightshield and Splinter Rack- 80
3. Wyches (10)- 2 Razor Flails, Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix with Venom Blade and Phantasm
Grenade Launcher- 165
4. Wyches (10)- 2 Razor Flails, Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix with Venom Blade and Phantasm
Grenade Laucher- 165

Fast Attack

1. Reavers (6)- 2 Heat Lances- 156
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Some Preliminary Ideas...   Some Preliminary Ideas... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 20:58

I know it's been said before but, I'll say it again.

Huskblade is pretty useless now that it's only AP3, it's a waste of points. Either a Venom blade/Agoniser/Power axe will be a lot more effective at both killing and points cost. I would just go for a venom blade, you have your Klaivex if you need AP2. Ghost plate is not necessary either because at T3 when you fail that shadow field roll it's normally game over anyway. Combat drugs a more useful then a soul trap.

Other then the list looks ok.
Back to top Go down
kulver
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Some Preliminary Ideas...   Some Preliminary Ideas... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29 2012, 14:52

Thanks for the advice. I took out the Huskblade and Soultrap and included the venom blade, combat drugs and haywire grenades...also swapped the venom blade on my grot to a scissorhand and gave my klaivex a demiklaive. The ghost armor I decided to keep for a couple reasons. One, most of what I will be fighting is strength 4 so they will still need a 3+ to wound and I would rather be rolling a 4+ save than a 5+. Secondly, I prefer giving my warlords a bit more survivability.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Some Preliminary Ideas...   Some Preliminary Ideas... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29 2012, 18:40

starting to look like a playable list with the VB swap, you will get the hang of it soon enough Very Happy
i get your point on the GPA, thats your decision, its your army. You will find uses for it and will keep it, or you will find the SFG sufficient enough and will lose it, this is all based on meta - and Mushkilla, i tend to make you fail SFG with splinter barrage - two gunboats with two cannons each, splinter racks and disintegrators...either will kill the whole squad, or make it weak enough for a unite of wyches and a unite of incu with archon to melt'em down Very Happy 18 splinter shots vs 2+? You will fail 3.11 and that will be a bad thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Preliminary Ideas...   Some Preliminary Ideas... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Preliminary Ideas...
Page 1 of 1