THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Garfy's Dark Eldar

Go down 
+22
Asrodrig
Sorrowshard
GAR
Baron Tordeck
adesapere
rider
yogi
Ajax
Lysis
Mister Feral
speedfreek
Xelkireth
Local_Ork
Liberame
Hydra
vharing
Kinnay
SirTainly
Foo
Saintspirit
killfrenzy
Garfy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 15:54

Quality work takes time and I'm patient.

I am following this one closely! More please.

Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Garfy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 19:22

Here are my pain tokens. I use dice in a mound of bloody victims to show the number of tokens. I like the idea of the unit slaughtering and torturing the enemy and then throwing them into a pile ready to be hooked onto chain snares for the journey back to Commorragh.

I've ordered red dice to replace the ones in the picture.

Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 IMG_1823
Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 IMG_1824

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 20:32

Hmm...

Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 DRW40k_13_by_DaRealWurld40k
Juicy.
<3 them for beeing actual counter.

Last edited by Local_Ork on Mon Jun 27 2011, 20:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 20:34

I think you have got the gory down rock solid there.

I love the idea. It makes me a little sick to my stomach, so I won't be copying the idea, but this very creative noen the less.

More please!

Back to top Go down
Vanq
Hellion
Vanq

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 22:30

Ewww, what a great idea for pain token tracking...but ewww Very Happy

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 22:47

Garfy wrote:
Not sure this conglomerated blog thing is a good idea now, no one seems to be looking in on it like they were when they were individual threads. Oh well.

I understand what you mean by this. I think the 'problem' is that you aren't showing work in progress or asking for critique and what to do next - not interacting with your audience. You haven't got a project log in the traditional sense, it's more a collection of finished works.

That's not a bad thing though (and I know the merging of posts into a project log wasn't your original plan).

Quite simply your models are amazing, you've made me want to go out and buy an airbrush. Your pain tokens are also easily the best I have seen yet. I don't like stealing other people's ideas but..... Wink

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 08:17

Marvellous pain tokens.

I personally like the uni-thread Garfy, but then I know to keep an eye out for new posts from you. I think that Sky has a bit of a point, it's more a gallery than a WIP log but you are mostly just painting so far and not converting, so that's just fine.

'Cept for bashin' together those tokens. Wow!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 08:59

The tokens remind me of how the Zerg buildings of Starcraft 1 looked when they mutated...

...we need a thumbs up-smiley...

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Garfy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2011, 17:14

This months Dark Eldar project is an open "free" month, where we can paint what ever we want. I decided to paint an Archon. My force needs a HQ and I've had this conversion in my head for a while. The cloak is actually my second attempt. The first was traditionally hanging down and didn't make sense considering her acrobatic pose, so after being inspired by Batman films, I had another crack at it. I used several paper clips straightened out and stuck together to make a frame to hang some rolled out greenstuff over. I could manipulate the frame and greenstuff to create waves in the material. Once cured I removed the paperclip frame and pinned it to the model. I'm really happy with the outcome of the model.

Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 IMG_2138
Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 IMG_2139
Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 IMG_2140

3 Pain Tokens... Stone cold killer!
Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 IMG_2142

Nice shot of her jumping out of the raider... suddenly my vision for the cloak makes more sense.
Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 IMG_2144

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2011, 17:29

Nice one!

I really like that You've used Raider crew member, changing her from questionable decoration into HQ. Cloak looks kinda like sail of my Raider inspirational picture, I wonder if those could be made from metal (like beer cans or copper, this works out for flags and big sails)

also tss-tss, I like thumbnails Wink
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2011, 23:05

Oh my America, that is awesome! Amazing!! Brilliant!!

Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2011, 23:41

Garfy wrote:
Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 IMG_1823
So gross. So awesome. Did you hand-sculpt these?
Back to top Go down
Garfy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2011, 23:43

It's just zombie parts pushed into milliputt with a wet dice pushed into the top and removed. I think I used the equivalent of 16 full zombies to make 6 markers.

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2011, 23:44

Gorgeous Archon model Garfy, great pose and nicely detailed!

The Raider passengers certainly have many other possibilities, they are a great addition.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2011, 02:41

Garfy wrote:
It's just zombie parts pushed into milliputt with a wet dice pushed into the top and removed. I think I used the equivalent of 16 full zombies to make 6 markers.
Smart and simple!
Back to top Go down
Vanq
Hellion
Vanq

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2011, 11:12

Just saw the Archon on Dakka, can't believe I missed it here! I was going to leave this comment there, but thought it would be better suited here instead Smile

She is brilliantly painted, the cape is just superb and the entire model screams "Archon" to me Very Happy

But, and I feel terrible about commenting when you are miles above me in ability (Razz) but I have two things bugging me a little about the model. First, the "Skulls on a Rope" at the front looks a touch unnatural hanging straight down when the rest of the model is so full of motion.

The other is the right foot...first thing I noticed was how flat it was. I've been playing with turning Raider crew into foot soldiers myself, and I've been cutting a tiny wedge out of the base of the foot and bending it down, so it has a more natural shape to it. Its a minor quibble at best, just seems a shame given how awesome the model is Very Happy

Your pain tokens still make me feel ill though Very Happy

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2011, 14:22

I love the glaive!
Back to top Go down
Garfy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2011, 15:44

Vanq wrote:
Just saw the Archon on Dakka, can't believe I missed it here! I was going to leave this comment there, but thought it would be better suited here instead Smile

She is brilliantly painted, the cape is just superb and the entire model screams "Archon" to me Very Happy

But, and I feel terrible about commenting when you are miles above me in ability (Razz) but I have two things bugging me a little about the model. First, the "Skulls on a Rope" at the front looks a touch unnatural hanging straight down when the rest of the model is so full of motion.

The other is the right foot...first thing I noticed was how flat it was. I've been playing with turning Raider crew into foot soldiers myself, and I've been cutting a tiny wedge out of the base of the foot and bending it down, so it has a more natural shape to it. Its a minor quibble at best, just seems a shame given how awesome the model is Very Happy

Your pain tokens still make me feel ill though Very Happy

You make very valid points. If I convert more crew (thinking trueborns maybe) I'll remember to consider their feet positioning. Regarding the skulls, they're heavy. I think even falling they would hang low. Doesn't look too bad for me.

Cheers for taking the time to give me some constructive crit. It's useful.
Back to top Go down
Vanq
Hellion
Vanq

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2011, 23:43

Yeah, I only noticed the skulls thanks to the foot so its all good Very Happy

And yes, husk-blade on a stick is looking the goods as well. Is the blade a finecast or metal one?

Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18 2011, 03:00

I have converted most of my crew over to regular warriors.

I put a large rock or build up under the raised foot and a build up the support behind the other foot so it has some surface area to stick to. It works really well and no one has noticed yet.

Just a thought for using crew men.

I also have taken the other raider crewman and cut the foot off and repositioned it. it does a bit of filing to get it just right, but I use them for splinter cannon armed warriors and the pose is pretty decent.

Back to top Go down
Garfy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 19:33

This month's Dark Eldar project is the Razorwing Jetfighter, which I finished last night.

Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 Razorwing4
Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 Razorwing3
Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 Razorwing2
Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 Razorwing1

Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 19:36

Oh my America.

I freaking LOVE IT!! cheers

I'm going to go curl up in a fetal position and whimper at its sheer awesomeness. Shocked

Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 20:24

Sweet paint job there, makes me look like I did mine with a house brush!
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 20:50

That's absolutely gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 22:13

Amazing! Simple yet convincing color scheme. Very nice indeed!
May I ask how you did the base? Those rock thingies, I've been trying to make some of those for my bases, but I can't seem to find material for that. Is it cork?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garfy's Dark Eldar    Garfy's Dark Eldar  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garfy's Dark Eldar
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next