THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Bring it on! (2000pt)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabre DeC
Hellion
Sabre DeC

Bring it on! (2000pt) Empty
PostSubject: Bring it on! (2000pt)   Bring it on! (2000pt) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26 2013, 22:15

Tear her apart gentlemen!

Duke Sliscus (Warlord) @ 150 Pts
15x Kabalite Warriors @ 145 Pts
Splinter Rifle (x14); Splinter Cannon
> Tantalus (Heavy Support) @ 225 Pts
Night Shields;
-----------------------------------------------

2x Haemonculus @ 105 Pts
Venom Blade (x1)
8x Kabalite Trueborn @ 302 Pts
Shardcarbine (x2); Dark Lance (x2); Blaster (x4); Haywire Grenades
> Raider
Night Shields;

10x Kabalite Warriors @ 180 Pts
Splinter Rifle (x9); Splinter Cannon
> Raider
Night Shields; Splinter Racks;

1x Ravager @ 115 Pts
Night Shields;

1x Ravager @ 115 Pts
Night Shields;

5x Incubi @ 185 Pts
> Venom
Night Shields; Splinter Cannon (x2)

5x Incubi @ 185 Pts
> Venom
Night Shields; Splinter Cannon (x2)

1x Beastmaster @ 42 Pts
2x Razorwing Flocks

1x Beastmaster @ 42 Pts
2x Razorwing Flocks

1x Raven Strike Fighter @ 205 Pts

Models in Army: 60

Total Army Cost: 1996

PLAN:

Anti-infantry: Warriors with Sliscus and Splinter racks repectively

Anti-Termi: Tantalus Pulse Disintegrators and Blasterborn

Anti-Vehicle: Ravagers, Raiders, and Blasterborn

Assault Dissuasion: Incubi and Beast Masters

Objective? Stay at maximum range (so night shields are worth their salt) and TOOTY FRUITY POINT AND SHOOTY!
Back to top Go down
http://sabredingostudios.wordpress.com
fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

PostSubject: Re: Bring it on! (2000pt)   Bring it on! (2000pt) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26 2013, 23:23

Haha, Duke in a Tantalus. That must be the best way to run him! This unit is probably going to receive most of the attention but I wonder if it would be a lot more fun with Trueborn?

My first criticism is that it's 1800pts too expensive to be a Kill Team (you promised).

I think you need at least 2 more scoring units, but I would go for 6 total personally. I will usually run 2 Raiders max, then start adding Venoms.

The Trueborn squad is a little all over the place. I wouldn't upgrade carbines (unless they're going with the Baron) and try to fit it in a Venom, you might be able to get 2 squads or more. Either:
- 3 Trueborn with 2 Splinter Cannons in double Cannon Venom
- 3 Trueborn with 2 Dark Lances in double Cannon Venom
- 4 Trueborn with 4 Blasters in double Cannon Venom
they all do different things, but you can decide what fits best.

I think you should try to start the Duke with your Tantalus squad to give his poison buff, then migrate into one of the units if Incubi because he's best in CC (you'll need to drop one Incubus so he fits). I don't know what the Beastmasters are really adding, but I think they look really vulnerable. I've never run a unit like that before but I don't think it would hurt your list too much if you got rid of them unless you've got a plan for them?

I would consider dropping the Splinter Racks off the Raider and trying the Warrior squad on foot and in cover with your Raider at 36" sniping vehicles. If your Raider blows up then you'll likely to lose a lot of Warriors so I like to split up the targets and Warriors are really resilient in cover.

Just some thoughts, let me know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Sabre DeC
Hellion
Sabre DeC

PostSubject: Re: Bring it on! (2000pt)   Bring it on! (2000pt) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 15:49

Heya! Yeah I know I promised kill team but no one will play with me yet. Everyone has been to busy...rage fest. This game was my neighbor last night, not my usual friends.

Yeah the blaster born are really too big of a target right now (neighbor marched his wraith knight over and smashed them), but I am not fond of the carbine due to the not affecting vehicles...poison is great against monster armies...but I have had rotten luck with them. That's why I take the splinter racks. Twin linking the splinter rifles has been the only reliable way to kill things so far. Plus if the ships get shot at all they tend to pop...the Tantalus popped last night with full HP. That's the second time that's happened. I've only played them twice....sigh.

Albeit I have been playing too close and spread too thin (my first army was warriors of chaos). To make the night shields worth it shouldn't I stay at almost maximum range for my vehicle weapons (leaving the duke in the Tantalus so the unit inside benefits from the poison)?

As far as the beast masters go, the were wound absorption to draw fire from my paper ships. It worked too, they got shot up pretty good and my ships lasted a round longer than normal. The biggest thing about the beast master is the 5 wound razor wings. But they certainly aren't necessary. The raven did NOTHING for me so that sucked...got one shooting phase with it at the wraith knight, did one wound, then his flyers came in and popped it. It was bad....

The incubi did pretty good but the one squad literally lost 4 of 5 models in the assault to overwatch....all in all it was a rough game for me...
Back to top Go down
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Bring it on! (2000pt)   Bring it on! (2000pt) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 16:56

Sabre DeC wrote:
(leaving the duke in the Tantalus so the unit inside benefits from the poison)?
The Duke only needs to start with the squad for them to get the 3+ poison. After that he can leave and they still have it.
Back to top Go down
Sabre DeC
Hellion
Sabre DeC

PostSubject: Re: Bring it on! (2000pt)   Bring it on! (2000pt) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 22:54

Whaaaaaaaat? Seriously?!  Ermahgerd things just got real guys...... TIL

Also, I think part of my problem is I don't focus on targets with my whole army...like I'll focus on 2-3 things with the different halves of my army (poison and not poison)....is that foolish?
Back to top Go down
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Bring it on! (2000pt)   Bring it on! (2000pt) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2013, 13:08

I usually try to pick a target for my AT and one for my AI. If I eliminate them quickly then I move onto my secondary targets. Just to be clear eliminate doesn't necessarily mean completely destroy (unless going for first blood) it mean bringing them down below combat effectiveness. So if I kill a squad of marines down to 1-2 normal guys with bolters I will usually target something else that is more dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Sabre DeC
Hellion
Sabre DeC

PostSubject: Re: Bring it on! (2000pt)   Bring it on! (2000pt) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2013, 17:15

Ok that helps me. I've been trying to secure victory points and end up wasting a squad of fire on 2 guys...Ok so what about deployment? Clustered or spread or split?
Back to top Go down
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Bring it on! (2000pt)   Bring it on! (2000pt) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2013, 17:20

Hidden and if you are playing against someone with alot of templates spread out. In terms of placement for getting in position our speed makes that less of a concern since we can basiaclly redeploy in a turn. Fear the basalisks! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring it on! (2000pt)   Bring it on! (2000pt) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bring it on! (2000pt)
Page 1 of 1