THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Druchii
Hellion

2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies Empty
PostSubject: 2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies   2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12 2012, 20:13

Evening folks! New guy signing in and I thought I should post my 2k list I've been
I've been into this game for a long time but never played dark eldar. I played eldar as my main army back in 4th edition and I guess that's the closet I been really =P This is my first attempt ever to do anything with Dark eldar so I couldn't resist to put some Eldar units in the list ^^
I'll be facing mainly Orks with this list but I wouldn't be surprised if I faced some Chaos marines when their new dex hits the shelf's. Some of the units is in the list due to the coolness. I know that the incubi unit is somewhat of a waste against Orks but they are so darn cool and fits like a glove into my army fluffvise.

I got some spare points but don't know what to do with them =/

Well let the execution begin: what do you guys think about the list? What will work and what wont?

Dark Eldar:
Hq: 145
Elites: 377
Troops: 360
Fast:
Heavy: 330

Eldar allies:
Hq: 90
Elites: 0
Troops: 292
Fast: 60
Heavy: 180

Fortification: 100

Total: 1934
Left: 66

Hq:
Archon (joins the Incubi)
+ ghost plate armour
+ shadow field
+ husk blade
+ soul trap

Elites:
4 Incubi
1 Klaviex
+ blood stone
+ onslaught
1 Venom
+ splinter cannon
+ night shields

Trueborn
+ 2 blasters
1 Venom
+ splinter cannon
+ night shields

Troops:
10 Kabalite warriors
+ 1 splinter cannon
1 Raider
+ splinter racks
+ night shields

10 Kabalite warriors
+ 1 splinter cannon
1 Raider
+ splinter racks
+ night shields

Heavy:
Razorwing jetfighter
+ 2 disintegrator cannons
+ 1 Splinter cannon
+ 2 Shatterfield missiles

Razorwing jetfighter
+ 2 disintegrator cannons
+ 1 Splinter cannon
+ 2 Shatterfield missiles

Eldar allies
HQ:
Farseer (with the divination powers), (joins the dire avengers)
+ runes of warding
+ spirit stones

Troops:
10 Dire avengers [Edited]
1 Exarch
+ Power weapon (spear) & Shimmer shield
+ Blade storm
+ Defend
1 Wave serpent
+ scatter laser

Fast:
1 Vyper
+ shuri-cannon upgrade
+ shuri-cannon

Heavy
3 War walkers
6 scatterlaser

Fortifications:
Aegis defence lines
+ quad gun

My plan is to place the Aegis defence line in the middle of my deployment zone and man the guns with either the dire avengers or something else from the extra points I got (roughly around 60-100 points depending on where I can do some point cuts). Close to them I'll deploy the war walkers. The rest of the army will be dashing over to one of the opponents flanks.
The Vyper and the war walkers will be my dedicated light armour hunters (read trukks).
Hopefully at least one of the two flyers will survive and unleash it's "love" into one of the big ork units.

Feel free to use emoticons like ---> lol! scratch Sleep and so on, but plz be gentle, this is my first list =P

Last edited by Druchii on Thu Sep 13 2012, 08:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies   2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 01:49

Hi and welcome,

Yor Archon won't make much use of the Ghostplate Armour as when his Shadowfield cracks he's usually dust soon after. a 6++ ain't gonna save him. Equip him with COmbat Drugs and a PGL - as Incubi do not come with Assault grenades and will suffer when charging into cover.

12 DA + your Farseer = too many for a Wave Serpent. Drop 1 DA to meet the capacity requirements.

You could actually field a 2nd basic Archon to man the gun.......
Back to top Go down
ftayl5
Hellion
ftayl5

PostSubject: Re: 2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies   2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 03:58

Agreed with the above, drop ghostplate. If your shadowfield is down then anything good enough to get past a 5+ will probably get past a 4+ too. And 6+ invulns never do anything.

PGL for the Archon is a good idea.

If you want the DA's to man the gun I'd swap them altogether for some rangers/pathfinders.
Longer range allows them to shoot all game, whereas DA's are fairly medium ranged/combat unit (not that they are very good at it)
This'll save you about 145pts, though you lose a wave serpent you could easily by a ravager for those points.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: 2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies   2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 05:57

Avengers come in squads of 5-10. You cant take 12.

Quote :
If you want the DA's to man the gun I'd swap them altogether for some rangers/pathfinders.
Rangers have BS4, while Avenger Exarch have BS5.
Personally i wouldnt go Fortification way with Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies   2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 06:06

Azdrubael wrote:
Avengers come in squads of 5-10. You cant take 12.

I missed that....I only looked at the Serpent's capacity
Back to top Go down
Larndorn
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies   2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 16:05

Also you will probably need to spend the "spare points" buying farseer powers because the codex states you must still purchase the powers and then swap them out
Back to top Go down
Druchii
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies   2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 11:30

Thanks for all the reply's. Seems like that in my efforts in cutting points I missed some things. I'll update the list ASAP=P

Seems like I'll have a go with this list later this week. I'll keep you updated=P
Back to top Go down
Druchii
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies   2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 19:18

My first game with DE is officially over. I brought the list posted above with just one change. I bought guide and fortune to my Farseer.
The game was fun and over all quite even. A few tactical mistakes from my side though, like getting to close his gun line with my gun boats and using a Incubi with an Archon attached to charge his big guns (charging Grots was kinda stupid due to the fact that he managed to kill 2 of 4 Incubis before I killed his whole grot group...).

I do have a tactical question though: What's DE's best way to deal with flyers? I had an ADL with a quad gun, a group of warwalkers, a wave serpent and a Vyper. But when his flyers came in from reserves 2 out of 3 War walkers was wrecked and my Wave serpent and Vyper was out of range or engaged in other firefights. The quad gun managed to glance one of his two Dakka jets but that didn't stop him from to reign supreme over the air space from that turn and forward =/
The Eldar got a handful of options but my plan is to use less of them and more DE in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies   2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies
Page 1 of 1