THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pain Tokens

Go down 
+3
soulthirster8
Melkor
ClutchTR
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ClutchTR
Slave
ClutchTR

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 20:26

Can you distribute the pain tokens you get from Haemi (altered physique) from and give them to a squad?

Like, if I had a Haemi can I attach him to a helions squad and they get to share the token? And after he leaves the squad they can take the token (Sharing the pain).
Back to top Go down
http://enclaveoilrig.com
Melkor
Hellion
Melkor

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 20:40

Yes. The game doesn't differentiate between pain tokens obtained through special rules and unit destruction. The number of lists I've seen on this forum that plan for the very trick you describe is rather high.
Back to top Go down
soulthirster8
Hellion

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 01:29

Animus vitae makes him a vending machine with pain tokens if he's an ancient in cc. A shadow field or just look out sir will make him a gift that keeps on giving. Cool
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 02:12

Only the archon can take a shadow field.
Back to top Go down
soulthirster8
Hellion

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 12:18

Oh yea! Just because he can take a huskblade dosen't mean he can take an SF! Silly mind-glitching me! lol!
They just automaticaly seem to be a match.
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 14:31

soulthirster8 wrote:
Animus vitae makes him a vending machine with pain tokens if he's an ancient in cc. A shadow field or just look out sir will make him a gift that keeps on giving. Cool

Hmm, that's interesting, I was sure there had been an FAQ that said you had to attack with the AV to get it's benefit, it was obviously dropped. I'll have to go back and look at this item, because if you can combine it with a venom blade or power weapon ability it makes it much better.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 14:54

xzandrate wrote:
soulthirster8 wrote:

Hmm, that's interesting, I was sure there had been an FAQ that said you had to attack with the AV to get it's benefit, it was obviously dropped. I'll have to go back and look at this item, because if you can combine it with a venom blade or power weapon ability it makes it much better.

Good catch! It just says "the bearer" so there's nothing to inidcate that you need to actually use the AV to kill something. You could combine it with an Agoniser or Huskblade and as soon as you kill something you can test for the pain token.

I might have to reconsider using an ancient.

Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 20:45

BRB p.51 wrote:
If a model has more than one melee weapon, he must choose which one to attack with when he comes to strike blows - he cannot mix and match the abilities of several different melee weapons.

No mixing of special rules. The Animus Vitae is a special close combat weapon and grants it's special rules only if used to attack.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 10:14

Tiri Rana wrote:
BRB p.51 wrote:
If a model has more than one melee weapon, he must choose which one to attack with when he comes to strike blows - he cannot mix and match the abilities of several different melee weapons.

No mixing of special rules. The Animus Vitae is a special close combat weapon and grants it's special rules only if used to attack.

Yes, it's a special close combat weapon but you are not required to attack with it, only carry it. The weapon description says "if the bearer kills one or more enemy models in a round of combat...". So you attack with whatever weapon you choose and are still bearing the Animus Vitae.

In case anyone says this is ridiculous, refer them to the Grey Knight Dreadknight with a Nemesis Greatsword that uses the double strength of the doomfist and the rerolls to hit, wounds and penetrate from the greatsword and gets the bonus attack for 2 weapons.

GK FAQ wrote:
Q: Does a Nemesis Dreadknight armed with a Nemesis greatsword have 4 Attacks at Strength 10 that, because of the Nemesis greatsword, can re-roll To Hit, To Wound and Armour Penetration rolls?(p54)
A: Yes.

Sponsored content

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pain Tokens
Page 1 of 1