THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

how do pain tokens work

Go down 
+5
Shadows Revenge
Mushkilla
Thor665
Count Adhemar
ultimatecurse
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ultimatecurse
In Exile

how do pain tokens work Empty
PostSubject: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 16:01

I am new to warhammer 40k and i decided to go with the dark eldar. I got destroyed by some necrons and space marines. I realy had no idea what i was doing. And the other 2 players i played had no idea how pain tokens work. So i am curious how they work. they also said i need more troops.
I have like 4 incubi
1 arcon
1 raider
3 reavers
1 talos
12 kabalite warriors
1 razor wing jet fighter
1 haemonculus

i just bought
asdrubael vect with raider
10 wyches
4 grotesque
1 talos
4 mandrakes
what else do i need to compete? any suggestions? One player told me to just sell my dark eldar there armor to weak and get a different army but im a stick with them. I am going to play aganist tyranids, necrons and space marines. The space marines are tough the armour is to strong. He kept taking me out like my units were nothing. So im hoping i can find out more about the pain tokens so i can at least compete i just kept geting taken out and decided to load up on more troops. So hopefully next time i can at least be competitive.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 16:16

Pain tokens are described in full on page 25 of the codex. Essentially, when one of your units with the Power from Pain special rule (most non-vehicle units) completely destroys an enemy non-vehicle unit, they gain a pain token. The first pain token gives that unit Feel No Pain, the second gives Furious Charge and the third gives them Fearless.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 23:50

You could also probably benefit yourself by reading some strategy articles for general 40k and Dark Eldar in particular. They're not exactly the easiest army to master, but they're certainly good. once you master some of their foibles and learn their strengths.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 07:28

Looking over what you have, you seem really short on transports with only one raider. Dark Eldar are an army build around their transports to a degree like no other. The most common mistake of new dark eldar players is not having enough transports.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 17:15

+1 for Mush, more raiders or venoms, and more HS. I see alot of new players buying a ton of HQs. This is a trap and you never need 5 archons (unless your a glutton of punishment like me ofc Razz )

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 17:50

Welcome to the Dark City - good on you for sticking to your guns and standing by the dark kin!

Looking at your list, you have a general beginners set of miniatures; that is: a bit of everything. It's fine to give you a go at a few different units, but when you want to pick a list to compete with, you'll need to be more focussed. So don't buy anything new (unless you have unlimited budget!) until you know what direction you're going to take.

I recommend you have a look at the army list forum and browse through a few posts there - including reading all the feedback from members. That should give you an idea of what works, what to aim for, and which are the contentious issues around list building just now. Have a go at putting together your own list (unrestricted by which minis you have just now) and post it on that forum for some comments (you can also get some useful feedback on general tactics, which is easier to do once people can see what your force is actually composed of). Once you are happy you have something that can work on the table, go ahead and purchase what you need.

You could also look at the Realspace Raids forum and check out some battle reports to see how the DE play and win. Skari has loads of fine video reports, and Mushkilla >20 illustrated map-style reports (warning: lots of reavers!).

We'll have you spanking those marine armies in no time! They will be shocked. Wink

Back to top Go down
ultimatecurse
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 04:53

Count Adhemar wrote:
Pain tokens are described in full on page 25 of the codex. Essentially, when one of your units with the Power from Pain special rule (most non-vehicle units) completely destroys an enemy non-vehicle unit, they gain a pain token. The first pain token gives that unit Feel No Pain, the second gives Furious Charge and the third gives them Fearless.

Ok if a unit feels no pain that means they can't be hurt? the 2nd is furious charge i have no clue what that means for my troops and the 3rd is fearless so what does that do to my dark eldar if they are fearless?
Back to top Go down
ultimatecurse
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 04:57

So a unit feels no pain now what does that due to that unit for combat is what im asking.

Ya i see a lot of dark eldar units on youtube with a lot of ravagers and raiders. All get more of those to make my unit a little more maneuverability. My vect is on a ravager but i havent used him yetkind of expensive on points.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 07:48

@ultimatecurse

Not to be a jerk to you, but more to teach you how to fish instead of handing a fish each time you're hungry... But you' re asking here the USR (Universal Special Rules) for FNP (Feel No Pain), FC (Furious Charge) and Fearless. Which are explained in full detail in the rulebook. So no need to ask here what these rules do. I' ll throw you a bone, pages 35 to 43.

The reason I tell you this is because if you keep asking stuff that are explained perfectly well in the rulebook or the codex it shows no effort from your part and people tend to ignore your questions in the future.

Hope this helps. Have fun raiding the lesser races!

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 08:37

Those rules are explained in the main rule book (in the special rules section).

The Dark City isn't a substitute for reading the rulebook.

Thanks. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 09:56

Mushkilla wrote:
Those rules are explained in the main rule book (in the special rules section).

The Dark City isn't a substitute for reading the rulebook.

Thanks. Smile

What I said in a nutshell...

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 11:12

Looking at your set of models - you have very customisable small point army. Very - you can try a bit of everything.

You will do good if you tried something small point now, try this and that, add maybe Ravager.

2 raider mounted squads, Razorwing and HQ is a decent starting army. 500-750 points.

ultimatecurse
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 15:08

tron and mushkilla got your panties on to tight. This is a perfect example of 2 people who need a girlfriend. People like you 2 are why people who join forums like this leave and don't come back. The forum administrator should get rid of both of you. I wont be back on here. I ask a simple question. Don't assume i didn't read the codex and the other 2 players didn't also look through it. Use common sense of course i read it. the codex doesn't explain how the games works very well. We are new players not nerds like you 2 who probably played there whole life cause they can't get a girlfriend. Its just a game i don't care how it works i just can't believe a simple question can't be answered and this is a forum for questions like the one i am asking. Anyways thx for help from other players but i can't get my question answered all just sell my warhammer pieces and be done with it. I dont' need to play this game. I can care less i thought just be something fun and new to do learn a new game. but if its this gay like a grown man is acting like a woman on there period and wont answer a simple question i don't want to be apart of it. So thx you 2 im done with warhammer now cause of your gay comment. Hope the administrator gets rid of them so when new people come on here in the future they can actually enjoy being on the forum. I am done with it and warhammer.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 15:12

ultimatecurse wrote:
I wont be back on here.

No, indeed you won't.

From reading the replies to your thread, all of the members have tried to help you, we take pride in our helpful community but if it is something as obvious as reading a clearly defined rule in the codex or rulebook we will point you towards that.

We don't stand for any aggression or flaming towards any of our members.

Sky.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do pain tokens work   how do pain tokens work I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do pain tokens work
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: