THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First 1500 point list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bleum937
Slave

First 1500 point list Empty
PostSubject: First 1500 point list   First 1500 point list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 09:54

Hello, I've been playing a few lists at 1000 points, but not having any real success due to poor army composition and generally lacking in tactical finesse. Embarassed However, I've just bought/about to buy some more units to bring me up to 1500 points, and trying to work out a more competitive list. Very Happy

I'm playing pretty casual games, my main opponents are Grey Knights and Necrons but I'd like to head in-store to find some new opponents when I get this next wave painted. (So doesn't need to be tournament-optimised!) Here's what I've been thinking about for 1500 points- a combined kabal/cult theme.I'd love some critique on composition and suggestions for tactics to use!

Archon with huskblade, soul-trap, phantasm grenade launcher, shadow field (160)
4 incubi in venom with splinter cannon (153)

10 warriors with shredder, splinter cannon, sybarite with venom blade, raider with splinter racks (190)
10 warriors with shredder, splinter cannon, sybarite with venom blade, raider with splinter racks (190)
10 wyches with haywire grenades, hekatrix with agoniser and phantasm grenade launcher, raider (210)
10 wyches with haywire grenades, hekatrix with agoniser and phantasm grenade launcher, raider (210)

6 reavers with 2 heat lances (156)

Ravager with night shields
Ravager with night shields

The core of the army is built around tag-teaming units with the warriors and wyches. The warriors will hang about in their boats shooting anything that moves, and the wyches jump out after targets have been softened with splinters. I'm not sure whether the shredders and sybarites are worthwhile but I've included them because that's how I built the squads! Razz I've given the wyches haywire grenades so that they can threaten any transports I haven't been able to crack open with my dark lances, and the phantasm so they don't get completely eviscerated by overwatch.

The archon and incubi ride together in the venom and are for hard targets that need special attention. Gone with the huskblade for heavy-hitting but the soul-trap is more of a points-filler- I haven't used it in any of my games so far. :\ Phantasm grenades to cover the incubi, although I'm hoping to get a charge in from wyches before my incubi enter the fray.

I'll use the reavers as a secondary anti-tank option, as well as getting some bladevane hits and maybe denying objectives. Basically just a flexible unit to take opportunities as they come.

I think the ravagers speak for themselves...

So that's my take on it, what can you suggest to improve it?
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: First 1500 point list   First 1500 point list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 10:34

unless you want your warriors in CC ( you shouldnt against marines or crons really), then drop the sybarite and put the points into splinter cannons. they make you better at shooting! you could also drop the shredders and this should give you points for NS or FF. other than that, it looks pretty good tbh
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_0ne
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First 1500 point list   First 1500 point list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 10:45

Hi ,

Im pretty new to this as well, but my very limited advice would be follow up on csjarrat thoughts and ditch the Warrior upgrades, Sybarite, Shredder and Vblades and possibly the Agonisers on the wyches ( give them power weapons still the same AP)

maybe add sails to the wyches boats ( so they can get there quicker) and blast pistol for the Archon, give him a shot at something before they hit in CC ( never hurts). with the extra point you could add a few more Reavers

From my limited experience looks like a good list, hope it serves you well. look forward to hearing how it goes, hopefully you'll have a change in fortune.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: First 1500 point list   First 1500 point list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 10:53

Heya! This is certainly a very competitive list with some really nice options. I love seeing the Reavers in lists these days and you have a solid selection of troops choices.

One change I would make is to drop the sybarite w?VB and the shredder on the Warriors. The sybarite does give a leadership boost which can be good so take him if you really have points to spare but the VB is useless seeing as you really should avoid getting them into combat. In all but a very dire situation you don't want have to charge anyone as they're a gunboat and a VB won't change the course of the combat. The shredder is considered quite a weak gun in the codex and with splinter racks onboard I'd rather have another splinter rifle. If you wanted to keep the sybarite for the leadership (although like I said most people don't) dropping the shredder and VB will give you 10 points per raider so you can add night shields to both. I think these are essential for any gunboat raider.

That's the only tweak I'd really stress. Here is an alternative retinue for your Archon though. Although I love Incubi and they make a great assault unit with the lord I feel it's more of a MEQ killing unit and I'd normally just kit my Archon with an Agoniser for this job. However, you have the lethal HB + ST option which gives DE a very good challenger lord. The problem with this is his puny S3 meaning you run the risk of having a round or two of combat where you are unsuccessful in causing a wound to grab the double strength. CD give you a chance of this with +1S or Reroll wounds on the cards but I like the combo of having him in a Raider with a Haemon and Wracks. You are S4 on the charge and far more likely to ST someone.

Dropping the 20 points from the sybarites and the incubi gives you 173 points.
Haemon w/LFG + 5 Wracks in a Raider = 170points. Drop a couple of wyches if you want more wracks but this'll do the job of delivering a S4 HB, ST lord to the party.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First 1500 point list   First 1500 point list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First 1500 point list
Page 1 of 1