THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Welcome, from the Plane of Magic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Moxen
Slave
Moxen

Welcome, from the Plane of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Welcome, from the Plane of Magic   Welcome, from the Plane of Magic I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 21:21

Hello, all. Name's Moxen. Just started 40K seriously about three months ago. I've been musing over the rulebooks, and been playing various games for a few years, but I just recently decided that I wanted to play Tyrannids.

Which was a mistake. I painted up the army, and suddenly, my friend Xillian introduced me to Dark Eldar. I like DEldar better ^-^ At the moment, I need to get an army list built, probably a 1000 point one. After that, I can buy and paint it, but first, I want to get an army started.

Anyway, I look forward to posting here, and to pick up whatever tips I can about 40K, and painting, seeing as I... kinda suck. ._.

EDIT: Oh, and I see you have an RP section... If that isn't already active, it will be soon. [Que Maniacal laugh]
Back to top Go down
The Cunning one
Slave
The Cunning one

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, from the Plane of Magic   Welcome, from the Plane of Magic I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 23:05

Welcome... Always good to see more people in the game.

That's kind of negative thinking, but I'm one to talk. I'm my own worst critic too. A tip for you "practice" that is the only way to get better at anything. Everyone has to start somewhere. My club members told me to stay away from tournaments because they are depressing... The truth from that is I kind of just jumped in. The only way you'll learn to do better is by making mistakes and learning from them. Also don't get mad if you lose. There are those people out there too. I learn something new every game I play. It was the only way I found my playstyle that I have with hard hitting/fast armies.

I used to play magic as well which is where your avatar came from am I right?
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, from the Plane of Magic   Welcome, from the Plane of Magic I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 15:30

Hello, Moxen, and welcome to The Dark City.

This is the home of the darkest depths of the Eldarith soul, so stay alert and don't poke the shadows. It is always good to see somebody come to the superior 40k race. There are a lot of veteran painters here that would be happy to share their experience with you; I have laernt alot from them.
It would be good to have more people interested in the RP section, so help out in whatever way you can!

If you have any issues with TDC or how to use it feel free to PM me and I will help in whatever way I can.

Enjoy Commorragh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, from the Plane of Magic   Welcome, from the Plane of Magic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome, from the Plane of Magic
Page 1 of 1