THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE and Slaanesh Allies

Go down 
+6
Sky Serpent
Azdrubael
Thor665
Lord Clazaryn
ravengoescaw
Steffo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

DE and Slaanesh Allies  Empty
PostSubject: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 06:12

I see Dark Eldar as a race of manipulators in regards to allies, they will manipulate the slave races into fighting for them or with them, i also seem them as unleashing other forces against their enemies such as pointing orks in the right direction.

When it comes to daemons it is very fluffy for an archon to unleash a horde of daemons upon his enemies it has happened many times in their past. So if dark eldar ally with daemons i see those daemons as being unleashed upon the enemy and since dark eldars main interaction with daemons is slaanesh is it more fluffy to have daemon allies as slaanesh and not other others?
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 06:20

slaanesh, is also the one who thirsts. The one who is eating our souls. So it is hard to decide if they would set aside that level discontent, to unleash their greatest enemy on there enemies.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven
Back to top Go down
Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 11:39

I would say the majority of Dark Eldar have a healthy respect for Asdrubael Vect who has made it abundantly clear that demons and pyskers are a big no no. The last Archon who tried that ended up locked up with his own demons. So while you could justify it with fluff in a very rare situation like the one in the codex, 99% of Dark Eldar wouldn't have anything to do with demons.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 15:32

I'm with Clazaryn.

I actually don't think there are many instances of Daemon/Dark Eldar co-op, in a general sense the Dark Eldar don't like Daemons, and in a specific sense for Slaanesh they outright loathe them and would probably never "work" with them.

As far as allies, I would tend to say that, as with most races, it's a tenuous connection and, yeah, the Archon is probably just using the daemons as a distraction (or, I suppose, vice-versa). But I would never expect a legit 'alliance' between them in any manner.

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 18:58

Well, i have seen an army of Dark Eldar which was converted with parts of Slaanesh demonets.

SO no - in general sense Archon wont be using his Nemesis, but vice verse is possible.
Corrupted and possesed slaves of Daemons.

DE and Slaanesh Allies  I-9
Back to top Go down
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 23:25

Its not about cooperation with slaanesh. Its about unleashing daemons on your opponents through technology and then sitting back as they wreak havoc, those demons would have to be slaanesh since she who thirsts is constantly draining them and waiting for a chance to get them all, so if a rip in the warp was to occur thanks to some weapon tech the daemons that are closest in the warp would come through and those daemons would be slaanesh.

Its definitely not working with them or cavorting with them its straight up a trap for your enemies with some arcane technology that unleashes some daemons(which has been done in the fluff).

Quote :
Asdrubael Vect who has made it abundantly clear that demons and pyskers are a big no no.

Despite that both have been used in the past for an archons own gain, whether he gets away with it or not is indicative of how intelligent and devious the archon is.

Last edited by Steffo on Thu Oct 11 2012, 03:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 00:59

Steffo wrote:
Its definitely not working with them or cavorting with them its straight up a trap for your enemies with some arcane technology that unleashes some daemons(which has been done in the fluff).
Which fluff? I don't recall that one.

And, of course, if it has been done in the fluff, than it is fluffy (like bro-fisting Necrons and Blood Angels, natch)

Back to top Go down
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 02:06

I recall reading something of an archon unleashing daemons on a rival archon only to be sealed in with those daemons and destroyed by them. Maybe it was in path of the renegade.

I am just thinking it is more fluffy for slaanesh daemons to interact with DE than any other daemon because of there history.

Not as equals or allies or anything you interact with but as this constant nearby threat that sometimes can be weaponised on opponents.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 02:55

Moving this to Background as the discussion is more fluff based rather than gameplay.

IMHO why not go for a Shaa dom army at the height of its power?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 03:04

I was initially thinking about Shaa dom but i wasn't sure enough to post it as evidence, since from memory Vect crashed a ship into the realm and that destabilised the field that protects the people from she who thirst and that is why it is overrun with daemons.

I couldn't remember if El'Uriaq the emperor of Shaa dom actually interacted with daemons.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 03:07

El'Uriaq features quite heavily in Path of the Renegade, worth a look for inspiration.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 15:04

there was also a soul drinker novel I think that had an Archon consorting with daemons as a full blown ally. Although I think many DE archivers have put that novel away as lies and slander Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 22:07

I know most people would scoff if a DE takes slaanesh allies and i previously thought that it was very unfluffy till i thought about it, Now i think it makes more sense to have slaanesh than nurgle khorne or tzeen.

However this line of reasoning would be more difficult to apply to CSM worshipers of slaanesh, they would probably be killed on sight.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 15:00

actually I dont see the other 3 as unreasonable as Slaanesh. Consider the fall happening, and to save their souls an Eldar makes a pact with one of the other 3 gods to save themselves. Eldar are so arrogant, they probably dont even see selling their soul to a god and getting eaten by one as one in the same thing.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 16:26

I believe that book is called Crimson Tears, Shadows. Don't quote me on it, though, as I have not read it.

I don't like the idea of Slaanesh being anywhere near Dark Eldar. Khorne, yes. The enemy of Slaanesh. Tzeentch, possibly. The intelligence side of Tzeentch would make DE awesome. Nurgle, protecting them from true death with his gifts, maybe.

Saying that, however, I think that Slaanesh DE would work perfectly well as a Shaa-dom army.

(Those models are really cool.)

DE and Slaanesh Allies  YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31 2012, 22:15

The last time Dark Eldar tried dealing with daemons Shaa' dom got sealed off and everyone in it killed by daemons. It usually doesn't work out.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Yahmes
Slave

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2012, 22:54

I really dont think that any Dark Eldar would be happy with using anything closely related to Slaanesh. Hell they wont even say the name. So no I think those are the one set of Daemons that are out of the picture. That being said I do think that it is not beyond an Archon to use Daemons to deal with his enemy. Pre-fall Eldar had massive amounts of Lore on using daemons to their own ends and being the cunning leaders that they are I dont see why a current Archon wouldnt use them if he can get away with it.

Please do not swear. Thank you - Cavash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE and Slaanesh Allies    DE and Slaanesh Allies  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE and Slaanesh Allies
Page 1 of 1