THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p Empty
PostSubject: 2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p   2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 07:00

So, I put up a topic HERE, about my problems against my IG friend. Now I have made a list that I might have a chance with, but if you think its crap then slaugther it Smile

After the list I will list my somewhat plan.

Baron Sathonyx
2x Heamonculi w/ Liquifire gun

4x Trueborn w/ 4x Blaster in Venom
5x Incubi in Raider

5x Warriors w/ Blaster in Venom
7x Wyches w/ Hekatrix, Agoniser, Haywire Granades in Raider

3x Beastmaster w/ 4x Razorwing flock, 5x Khymerae

Ravanger w/ FF
Ravanger w/ FF
Razorwing w/ FF, 2DL, 1 SC, 4 Monoscythe Missiles

Now, I am thinking that I maby should drop a Wyches group and a LG from the Heamonculi to fit in 6 Reavers but not sure about that yet tho.

And even tho I know Poisen weapons really isnt that good against T3 units, its the only way I think I can get in a strong Alpha strike as I properly wont be in CC with to many units in turn one anyway. My main focus will be to get Incubi, Beastmaster and 1 or two Wyches group in to CC in round one.

Ideal I want to get a wyches group the multi assault veichles but that is down to deployment.

The reason for Incubis are two things:
1# They take down infantary to easy. That will properly backfire aswell, as I will properly take down the squad they assault in my assault and he will shot them down in his turn.
2# I know he will focus all he can to take down the Incubis because when he played Necrons, and really against any other of the friends I have played them against they have kicked their asses, and all of them are really scared when I put them on the table.

Heamonculi will go with Incubi to give them 2x Pain Tokens to get Furious Charge. (overkill?)
Then fly around flaming stuff.

A few questions:
Should the Razorwing have Dissies insteed of DL? I got the trueborn to compensate for loosing a ravanger (not sure if they will get to fire in turn one tho)
Wyches or Reavers?

GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p   2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 15:12

I would drop one warrior squad for reavers instead of wyches.
Trueborn might hide on 1 turn or be short on range so DL on razor sounds resonable.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p   2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 18:01

your list looks ok, but let me point out that beasts wont be in combat first turn, so expect a turn of return fire atleast.

Secondly you dont have enough darklight for a mech IG for my tastes, but like I said you know his lists better than we do, if you see more infantry blobs thank chimeras, then your lists will wreck.

if you drop anything, I would drop the beasts. They are out of place in this fast moving army, reavers would be good if he blobs, even without the fancy caltrops and talons. And you can give them HL or blasters so you will have more AT.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p   2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 18:55

Darklight wrote:
Baron Sathonyx
2x Heamonculi w/ Liquifire gun
First turn is extra good versus another mech gunline list - so excellent investment.
Like both of these.

Quote :
4x Trueborn w/ 4x Blaster in Venom
5x Incubi in Raider
I personally consider Incubi a okay purchase - I'd probably rather have Blasterborn - and for the cost of those Incubi you could easily do Blasterborn in a Raider.

Quote :
Fine.

Quote :
3x Beastmaster w/ 4x Razorwing flock, 5x Khymerae
In my opinion, everyone saying stuff like "oh, the Beasts will eat a round of shooting" or "aw, they're too slow" are out of their gourds.

Beasts can absorb shooting like no one's business.
40 lasrifle shots will probably not kill anything in the Beast Squad there...40 shots.
I've had my Beast squad (which is identical to yours) receive 60 S.Cannon shots...I removed one Beastmaster and 1 Khymarae...and I only lost the Khymarae because I was dumb in my wound allocation.
To deal with Beasts requires anti-vehicle firepower...and lots of it. If the enemy is using that on your Beasts instead of on your vehicles - that's a win for you.

Also, Beasts will move more than fast enough to assault by Turn 3 - if your rolls are really good and/or your opponent moves up or deploys aggressive you'll be able to assault Turn 2. They are not slow - they only look slow because we're the only army in the game that can really pull off Turn 1 assaults semi-regular. In most armies Beastmasters would be described as 'fast' with us I'll accept they could be called 'average' but they are not slow.

Quote :
Ravanger w/ FF
Ravanger w/ FF
Razorwing w/ FF, 2DL, 1 SC, 4 Monoscythe Missiles
Hmmm...I question the use of the Razorwing - here's why;

Incubi
Haemy w. Flamer
Haemy w. Flamer
Venom
Venom
Venom
Venom
Wych squad
Wych squad
Razorwing
Beastmasters
Baron (eh, sorta - he's actually not that good at anything but giving +1 to rolls and cover saves)

That's your list for killing infantry - here's your anti-mech list;

Raider (that may go flat out first turn because it has Wyches)
Raider (that may go flat out first turn because it has Wyches)
Raider (that may go flat out first turn because it has Incubi)
Trueborn (hard to get in range first turn)
Ravager
Ravager
Warrior squad (hard to get in range first turn)

So...on Turn 1, when it's most important to hurt enemy vehicles, your attack is probably...2 Ravagers...maybe a Wych assault if your opponent was dumb...and...I dunno, the Razorwing doing something it's not as good at.

That's why I think you need more anti-mech. To clarify - you need more anti-mech that's shooting turn 1.

Quote :
Now, I am thinking that I maby should drop a Wyches group and a LG from the Heamonculi to fit in 6 Reavers but not sure about that yet tho.
Eh, I'm pretty down on Reavers currently - I think you have better killing potential with Wyches than Reavers will ever manage for the same points. I'm against this idea.

Quote :
And even tho I know Poisen weapons really isnt that good against T3 units, its the only way I think I can get in a strong Alpha strike as I properly wont be in CC with to many units in turn one anyway. My main focus will be to get Incubi, Beastmaster and 1 or two Wyches group in to CC in round one.
Strong alpha strike with poison weapons? That can work as long as he's running a lot of Heavy Weapon Squads or something. I can support that.

Beastmasters cannot get into assault Turn 1 unless you go second and the enemy does something pretty aggressive. Wyches and Incubi can do it easily.

Quote :
2# I know he will focus all he can to take down the Incubis because when he played Necrons, and really against any other of the friends I have played them against they have kicked their asses, and all of them are really scared when I put them on the table.

Heamonculi will go with Incubi to give them 2x Pain Tokens to get Furious Charge. (overkill?)
Then fly around flaming stuff.
I want you to look at these two things next to each other.

1. The enemy will defecate in his underoos when he sees Incubi and will go all out to kill them, drawing fire away from the rest of my army.

2. I want to put an extra 100+ points and 2 killpoints into a unit I expect to be shot at a LOT.

I would put one Haem each into the Wych squads and let the Incubi run alone if you want Incubi. That way they'll draw fire, be blasted from the sky, and your opponent can learn why he needs to fear Wyches as much/more than Incubi. Plus 2 Flamer boats are better than one flamer boat with two templates.

Quote :
A few questions:
Should the Razorwing have Dissies insteed of DL? I got the trueborn to compensate for loosing a ravanger (not sure if they will get to fire in turn one tho)
Wyches or Reavers?
1. I'd keep the lances, in my opinion you need more anti-mech than anti-infantry. 4 Monoscyth missiles is your anti-infantry.

2. Wyches. They can do everything the RJBs can do, do it better, and are also harder to kill and are a scoring unit.
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p   2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2011, 00:20

Fantastic points from Thor here. The thing your list lacks is anti tank, its always like that when one is trying to do something different insteed of going with the normal no brainers. But yeah atleast 20+ darklight weapons that are able to fire at like 13+ targets is enough i suppose. I often find myself down to 13-17 and 11 targets but thats just me, a bit masochistic.

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p   2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pts list vs IG - Please slaughter it :p
Page 1 of 1