THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 tourny list for foodhammer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

1750 tourny list for foodhammer Empty
PostSubject: 1750 tourny list for foodhammer   1750 tourny list for foodhammer I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 06:40

this is a 1750 list that i have been playing with for 6th ed.
It has so far been very sucessfull.
I am stoked for the foodhammer tourny because there is a good mix of different kinds of players there. ie, for fun/competitive players.

let me know what you think

Baron

Haemi w/ shattershard (the great equilizer)

3 blaster born in duel cannon venom

20 kabalite warriors.w/ syberite, 1 blaster, 2 s cannons.

5 warriors w/ blaster in raider w/ Dlance, gruesome trophys

5 wracks w/ liquifier in duel cannon venom w/ gruesome trophies

9 wychers w/ haywire grenades, hekatrix with power axe and PGL
raider w/ Dlance and torment launcher

5 beast masters w/ 5 hounds, 6 flocks and 1 fiend

ravanger w/ 3 Dlances

ravanger w/ 3 Dlances

razorwing fighter w/ mono missles, Dlances, flickfield.

1750pts

small side note. I had points left and so added the gruesome trophies to two of the vehicles to help with rerolls for moral for the warrior blob and the beaspack. and the torment to maybe make my opponents run a little sooner.

the haemi will usually be running around with the wyches.
The baron will steal the pain token from the wracks and he will go where needed. usually with the beasts to start and then later to warrior blob. that's usually what he has done so far anyways.
the beast pack is there to get into my opponents face ASAP. not really to kill anything, but to be a pain in the butt to kill and maybe kill something if lucky. they soak up a lot of fire power.
wyches are usually a counter assault unit, but will sometime be a little more aggressive if playing a more shotty list.

Anyhow! this list is tons of fun to play and I am very much looking forwards to playing 4 games in one day at the tourny!

wish the Kabal of Eternal Torment luck!

thanks. and sorry for the bad grammer. it is late and I am tired and have to be awake for work really early.

Have a swell day!
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: 1750 tourny list for foodhammer   1750 tourny list for foodhammer I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 12:31

colinsherlow wrote:

Baron

Haemi w/ shattershard (the great equilizer)

This is solid.

colinsherlow wrote:

20 kabalite warriors.w/ syberite, 1 blaster, 2 s cannons.

This isnt competitive. Syberite? why?
1 blaster and SC? is it a group to take tanks or infantary? confused.
Anyway 20 is way to much, an its easy to take out and a point sink really. Its stationary and easy to get away from. only thing you really will get to shoot is the SC and you can get a venom for alot cheaper! Blaster is total waste of point for a statonary troop with 18" range.

colinsherlow wrote:

5 warriors w/ blaster in raider w/ Dlance, gruesome trophys

5 wracks w/ liquifier in duel cannon venom w/ gruesome trophies

9 wychers w/ haywire grenades, hekatrix with power axe and PGL
raider w/ Dlance and torment launcher
Warriors are fine. I prefer Venom but Raiders are good aswell. more AT and more HP.
I dont like wracks, but they got their place and can do a job. Warriors with Blaster would properly do a better job, but its ok.

The wyches group however really isnt my cup of tea.
I would remove Hekatrix and trim it down to 7. Dont need hekatrix, its either a tarpit unit (in that chase you dont need HG or Hekatrix) or a anti tank unit. Dont need as much as 9 for anti tank. Rather fill it up if you have points to spare.

colinsherlow wrote:

5 beast masters w/ 5 hounds, 6 flocks and 1 fiend

ravanger w/ 3 Dlances

ravanger w/ 3 Dlances

razorwing fighter w/ mono missles, Dlances, flickfield.

heavy supports are fine. See alot of people fancy Razorwing because of flayers so wont dispute that they got their place in a list. I just think ravanger is more competitive.

Would trim the beastmaster group tho. 3 BM, 5 Khymera and 4 Razorwing flocks. Fiends isnt good at all so wouldnt use that at all.

But again if you find it fun then no probs and all, but there are a few changes that can be made to make it more competitive
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 1750 tourny list for foodhammer   1750 tourny list for foodhammer I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 15:46

Beasts and wracks, hooray! I always love seeing people fielding stuff that isn't deemed super competitive, as it adds a lot more variety to games - if everyone fielded the same cookie cutter internet lists all the time, the game would get very old, very quickly. I've actually started running a squad of nine wracks with a haemonculus, and they're brilliant fun - great for holding objectives, the models look great on the table, and because I've mostly given up on doing combat heavy lists, they're nice to throw at a combat hating army like guard, as they can take the overwatch with their decent toughness, then wound them on 3s with a re-roll. Holding an objective with a pair of liquifier guns is nice too.

In your list, like Darklight, I'm not sure about the Hekatrix either. I'm not saying she shouldn't be there as such, but her loadout might not be the best for her, as wyches rely on striking first, not striking hard. Giving an initiative 6 character a weapon that makes them go last might not be that great for her. Personally, I don't think axes suit the DE esthetic either, but that's more down to personal taste. I suppose if she rolls well on combat drugs, and gets a second pain token then she'll be an absolute beast, but I'd be surprised if she survived that long. It's not like with orks, where your opponent kills a ton of boyz but doesn't do enough wounds to get to the power klaw wielding nob, or marines where their sergeant passes all his armour saves then power fists the enemy into a fine paste. DE need to go first, or they most likely won't go at all.

I guess you've got a load of warriors and not enough vehicles to transport them, hence the situation with the maxed out squad. If you don't have the Raiders or Venoms to transport them, divide them up into two squads of ten anyway, then have a dark lance and blaster in each squad and lose the sybarite. It gives you more flexibility and more objective holding capability. Unless the plan is to do a big ol' warrior conga line between two objectives. Is that allowed? I hope that's allowed. Anyway, two squads of ten, both with two lances, gives you the ability to take out two tanks a turn with them. You can even field them next to each other so they're firing at the same tank and you're not losing any shots. I'm not saying this is the best thing you can do with them. It's just what I'd do with them. The sybarite is only really needed for combat in my opinion, or for displaying your kabal colours with that cool back banner they come with. Alternatively, if you have the models, mount a squad of ten in a Raider with splinter racks, they'll be more useful than a foot squad of twenty. A big squad might hold their objective unmolested all game, but it could end up costing you it when you've sunk over 200 points into it rather than buffing your other squads or adding another unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 tourny list for foodhammer   1750 tourny list for foodhammer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 tourny list for foodhammer
Page 1 of 1