THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE vehicle proxies?

Go down 
+3
helvexis
Bibitybopitybacon
cowbell
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cowbell
Slave

DE vehicle proxies? Empty
PostSubject: DE vehicle proxies?   DE vehicle proxies? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2012, 16:49

I'd like to try out DE before forking out $$$ in case it turns out I don't like how they play.

What are some good proxies for flying vehicles like Venoms, Raiders, and Reavers?

In my Tyranid army, I was able to proxy Tervigons with Gladware.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: DE vehicle proxies?   DE vehicle proxies? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14 2012, 00:27

cowbell wrote:

In my Tyranid army, I was able to proxy Tervigons with Gladware.

Lolz. Great mental picture! I've seen a batman beyond batplane model floating around ebay that some people use for voidravens.
for all other proxies LEGOs are always the answer. (Unless it's a drop pod in which case coke cans for the win.)
If you have major origami skills I could see some swan raiders looking pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: DE vehicle proxies?   DE vehicle proxies? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14 2012, 02:01

There is an instructional booklet on how to make origami deathwing terminators which are awesome

Toy cars do ok for reavers as long as you remember they have some hight
Back to top Go down
cowbell
Slave

PostSubject: Re: DE vehicle proxies?   DE vehicle proxies? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14 2012, 03:45

LEGOs are sounding good. Yes, paperhammer would also be an option. I'm looking for proxies that don't require any assembly--might as well paint and glue real models at that point.

What's the closest recyclable thing to a skimmer? I did find a nice pizza box cutout for a warscythe, just cut out an arc.
Back to top Go down
Zaakath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: DE vehicle proxies?   DE vehicle proxies? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14 2012, 03:59

Really, any rectangular shape about 8"x2.5"x4-5" tall floating 2" above ground would work for raiders, and 1/2 the length and height for the venom.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: DE vehicle proxies?   DE vehicle proxies? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14 2012, 04:33

Go on to Bartertown and pick up old 3rd edition DE models. You can pick up an old army for CHEAP if you look around.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: DE vehicle proxies?   DE vehicle proxies? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 13:46

ESE nailed it. I'm a big advocate of Ebay aswell.
Back to top Go down
Tzar_Alexander
Slave

PostSubject: Re: DE vehicle proxies?   DE vehicle proxies? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16 2012, 23:10

Another option if you don't want to use any proxies at all is to play on a Vassal client on your computer. They have sprites for all the armies a built in dice roller etc. You can play locally or over the internets. Even if you don't use it to proxy a new army it is handy for playing friends that are separated by distance. Hope that helps.

Just google vassal 40k and you should find what you need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE vehicle proxies?   DE vehicle proxies? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE vehicle proxies?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-