THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reavers and Cronos parasite engine from a wwp

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hejle
Slave

Reavers and Cronos parasite engine from a wwp Empty
PostSubject: Reavers and Cronos parasite engine from a wwp   Reavers and Cronos parasite engine from a wwp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 10:28

Hello my dark Brothers, this is my first post on this forum although i have been lurking for quite a while.

I'n my eyes the webway portal has been nerfed a lot in the new edition but i still like the idea. So im wondering how to make it Work. My thoughts are reavers and cronoi (cronoses?) out of a web way.

Turn 1:
homonculus with webway in a raider with grotesques deploy the webway 12'' up.

turn 2:
one or two units of reavers and one or two cronoi comes out of the webway. The cronoi gives one pain token to the reavers, if there are any more pain tokens they give one to themselves. This will make the reavers guite survivable, a 3+ og 4+ cover save backed up by er 5+ feel no pain on a T4 model is guite survivable (at least for us dark Eldar).

I'm not guite sure what to do for troops maybe wyches in raiders to get into assault quickly, maybe even get some pain tokens on them to get them more survivable.

thoughts and comments on this tactic would be appreciated!

// Hejle
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Reavers and Cronos parasite engine from a wwp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reavers and Cronos parasite engine from a wwp   Reavers and Cronos parasite engine from a wwp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 17:45

Welcome to The Dark City!

hejle wrote:

one or two units of reavers and one or two cronoi comes out of the webway. The cronoi gives one pain token to the reavers, if there are any more pain tokens they give one to themselves. This will make the reavers guite survivable, a 3+ og 4+ cover save backed up by er 5+ feel no pain on a T4 model is guite survivable (at least for us dark Eldar).

The thing is reavers have so much mobility this edition they don't need the portal. Also they can get pain tokens really quickly, so I don't really see what this brings to the table. It's probably cheaper and more reliable to start the reavers with a haemi if you really want them to start with FNP.

Just my two pain tokens. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down

Reavers and Cronos parasite engine from a wwp
Page 1 of 1