THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

question on parasite engine

Go down 
+4
Count Adhemar
tlronin
Ollelta
Jaboigan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaboigan
Hellion

question on parasite engine Empty
PostSubject: question on parasite engine   question on parasite engine I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2013, 09:30

Ok so i have just discovered how imba the parasite engine is an just wanna be 100% accurate when i use it

Kill a single model i get pain token to give out in 12" bubble

Can fire 2 weapons as it is a MC

So my question is: If i fire my template weapon and kill a model i get pain token, if i then fire my large blast weapon and kill another model do i get another pain token or is it just the 1 token i get from the template due to it being the same model shooting?

This was argued at a recent game i had where we rolled dice to decide
Back to top Go down
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: question on parasite engine   question on parasite engine I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2013, 09:46

Each weapon has a special rule that specifically states that a pain token is generated when that weapon (not the cronos, but the weapon) kills a model. The wording for each weapon is different in that each entry specifically names the weapon itself, so if you've used each weapon, and killed at least one model with each, you get two pain tokens. It seems pretty black and white to me.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: question on parasite engine   question on parasite engine I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2013, 09:50

The description in the codex says you get a pain token for every 'model' killed right? Not 'unit'. So you get a PT for every model killed. In your example, that would be 2 PTs. The fact that the same model is shooting has nothing to do with it.

Hope this helps. Smile

Edit: Ninja'd again! By the Dark Muses you guys are quick!

Jaboigan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: question on parasite engine   question on parasite engine I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2013, 09:55

that is basicly what i siad to my mate but he was having none of it (probably cos it destroyed his death company) so he was pretty pissed

thanks for the clarification
Back to top Go down
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: question on parasite engine   question on parasite engine I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2013, 10:01

Sounds like a sore loser. I hope you at least got to put a pain token on the cronos for finishing off the unit? Really you ought to have got 2 to chuck 12" and one on the cronos...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: question on parasite engine   question on parasite engine I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2013, 10:13

It gets even better if you give the Cronos a Spirit Probe and someone charges it. The Overwatch from the Spirit Syphon will generate a pain token if it kills something and, because overwatch happens in the assault phase, that would then trigger the Spirit Probe for another pain token!

xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: question on parasite engine   question on parasite engine I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2013, 15:51

Yup, and that doesn't even start to count one of those weapons killing a 'unit' like an IC, of the unit he is with. Both of those cases would also generate another pain token, but only for the Cronos.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: question on parasite engine   question on parasite engine I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2013, 17:39

yah, the Chronos is boss with its pain token giving...

So for recap:

In the shooting phase, if any of its weapons kill a "model" you can pass a pain token.
It can shoot two weapons due to being an MC
If it kills a "unit" in the shooting phase, it gains a pain token
If it is charged and its overwatch kills a model, you get to pass a pain token.
If it has a spirit probe and you kill a model with overwatch, you pass two pain tokens.

Yeah... stupidly decent. Sadly it competes with so much in the HS slot... If only it was a elite choice...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Jaboigan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: question on parasite engine   question on parasite engine I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 17:27

sry but what is the profile of spirit probe? there is no reference to it in codex i assumed it was melee weapon so how do u over watch lol

spirit vortex - 18" s3 ap3 assault 1 large blast

spirit syphon - template s4 ap3 assault 1
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: question on parasite engine   question on parasite engine I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 17:42

If you read the description of how it's used (first sentence), it's clear that it's intended to be used in close combat. However, the rules don't explicit state close combat, but assault phase (overwatch is a new addition to 6th ed, while the codex was written for 5th), so it's technically an exploitation of a loophole. Just kill a model via overwatch with either of the ranged weapons, benefit from the spirit probe "passively".

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: question on parasite engine   question on parasite engine I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 17:44

well... with the syphon. The Vortex cant overwatch due to being a blast template and NOT a flamer template weapon, but yah Very Happy

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: question on parasite engine   question on parasite engine I_icon_minitimeSat May 25 2013, 21:57

Erebus wrote:
the rules don't explicit state close combat, but assault phase (overwatch is a new addition to 6th ed, while the codex was written for 5th), so it's technically an exploitation of a loophole. Just kill a model via overwatch with either of the ranged weapons, benefit from the spirit probe "passively".

This is a good point, though applying RAW like this is open to danger - nothing in the rules for these weapons says that they have their effect once per turn or once per shot or anything, so your opponent might argue that after you've killed one model and had the bonus pain token you don't get another when you kill a second in a later turn.

Anyway, even if you get the bonus from overwatch, you wouldn't then get another if you killed an enemy in close combat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question on parasite engine   question on parasite engine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question on parasite engine
Page 1 of 1