THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine Empty
PostSubject: The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine   The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22 2013, 02:37

Okay guys & dolls here's something to ponder.  I'm heading down state this weekend to try a few list out for a pre-tournament warmup.  I going to run a semi-competitive list, the feedback I was looking for is this.  Do you guys think a combo of a Parasite Engine with a Pain Engine working in unison is a plausible idea.  I would equip them like this

Pain Engine: Twin-Lined Splinter Cannon, Additional Combat Weapon & Chain-Flails

Parasite Engine: CCW, Spirit Syphon, Spirit Vortex, Spirit Probe

I'm really hoping they play nice together but more importantly I'm looking for any feedback on whether or not somebody has tried this combination or something close to it.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine   The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22 2013, 03:06

I have tried the two together once or twice before. Generally i found them to not be particularly complimentary, and a I usually just end up beind disappointed in the parasite engine.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine   The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22 2013, 08:22

Never been displeased with my parasite engine, and the one time I coupled Parasite & Pain (I'm still new to DE, only a few games under my belt) it worked marvelously. Cronos opened up, killed a termie, gave the talos a pain token. Talos opened up (TL-LG, TL-SC) on the same termie squad (5 termies, their shoulder-missile launcher thing, assault cannon), charged, survived overwatch unscathed due to FNP, and ate termies for breakfast.

My only question for you is this; why are you using 15pts to get the additional CCW if the only upgrade you're taking is chain-flails? In my experience, TL-LG for 10 pts less > +1 attack for an extra 10 points every time.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine   The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22 2013, 09:11

They work well together but, twinlinked splinter cannon and twinlinked liquid fire is a far more flexible load out (and cheaper) than your current load out. Twinlinked liquifiers are one of the nastiest weapons in our codex, 75% chance to wound T4, 50% chance to be AP3 or less, the fear that thing generates is just beautiful.

Not to mention it lets you deal with units in cover, which is really handy, as the talos always strikes last charging through cover, and that can be problematic against hidden power weapons/melta bombs when you are down to 1-2 wounds.

That's my personal take on talos anyway.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine   The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22 2013, 12:29

I will revise my list to incorporate the TL-Liquifier gun, also I'm thinking about running a gunboat full of liquifier's for extra punishment. The Tau shall pay for their cowardliness xD

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine   The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24 2013, 16:50

Here is my batrep with those, and the conclusion, of how I find them both together or going separate. :)Hope you will like it Smile

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t7560-1500-dark-eldar-vs-ig-ba#81707

Going anything more than necesary upgrades (like TL liquifier for talos, and vortex for cronos) is a bit of a point waste. Thats just from my experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine   The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The friendship of a Pain Engine and a Parasite Engine
Page 1 of 1