THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mregular
Slave

Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart Empty
PostSubject: Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart   Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 01:25

Total – 1500 Points

HQ - 110 Points

1 Archon – VB, SF, CD, HG

Elites - 103 Points

3 Incubi , 1 Klaivex

Troops – 390 Points

10 Kabalite Warriors

10 Kabalite Warriors

10 Kabalite Warriors

5 Wyches – 5 Haywire Grenades

5 Wyches – 5 Haywire Grenades

Dedicated Transports - 270 Points

1 Raider – Splinter Racks

1 Raider – Splinter Racks

1 Venom – Extra Splinter Cannon

1 Venom – Extra Splinter Cannon

Fast Attack - 312 Points

6 Reavers – 2 Heat Lance

6 Reavers – 2 Heat Lance

Heavy Support – 315 Points

1 Ravager – 3 Dark Lances

Last edited by mregular on Sat Nov 10 2012, 05:09; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart   Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 02:27

Hi mregular! You don't need to post all the default wargear that units come with. Only post the options you choose as it's so much easier to read. It took me 3 times as long to read through this list than it should have. Please don't itemise the point costs either.

1 Archon (60) – Kabalite Armour, Splinter Pistol, Plasma Grenades, Venom Blade (5), Shadow Field (30), Combat Drugs (10), Haywire Grenades (5)

Should look like:

Archon w/VB, SF, CD, HWG - 110pts (everyone on here will know what the acronyms mean).

So will that out of the way, onto the list! It looks nice and is nearly very competitive.

The main changes I recommend would be to add a PGL to the Archon's load out. This will mean he gives the Incubi assault grenades which they can't have otherwise. Most people would field him with either a Huskblade or an agoniser as well so he packs more punch.

It seems you have one foot slogging warrior unit. In a mechanised list this seems out of place so I'd try to find the points to get a raider for the squad so they can keep up with the army.

Perhaps you could have one large unit of 9 reavers instead of 2 units of 6 and put the points into said upgrades. A larger unit of reavers will help morale wise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart   Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 02:47

While I'm certainly a fan of Huskblade+Venom Blade (I am not a fan of the Agonizer though), if you're trying to cut points, you can make do with the Venom Blade alone. Likewise while the PGL is nice, it's very expensive, still it might be worth it even so (it's part of the reason I have a hard time convincing myself to take Incubi, they're amazing but they have that grenade issue... Tough decisions).

I do agree whole heartedly on getting the Warriors a Raider (or venom). Even if you need to drop the squad size down to make up the points it's probably worth it. That said if they must be on foot (sitting on an objective maybe) then getting them a heavy weapon (Dark Lance of Splinter Cannon) would be worth it.
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart   Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 03:39

I noticed you have 3 10 man squads of warriors, and only 2 raiders. Is this a mistake? If not what is plan for the 10 man squad? If they are not in a raider I would drop them either to a five man in a venom, or drop completely. I would also give your wytches HG. To come up for the points for this change your 2 reaver squads of 6 into 1 of 9, and take an arena champion you will want the leadership. Also drop the haywire from the archon and give him PLG.
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart   Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 04:07

His Wyches do have Haywire Grenades. Or do you mean Hydra Gauntlets? I don't really think you do but it's hard to tell with just two letters. =P
Back to top Go down
mregular
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart   Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 05:03

The reason that one of my squads is foot slogging it is that i've found in most games, there is always an objective on your side of the board which you can easily walk to. the few games i've played i've paid the points for the raider and it's sat there doing nothing. It is an extra DL wep but not for 60 points worth.

Sorry for the long post, is that person a moderator who's not happy with me lol or just good manner to keep it short.

And to address the Venom Blade, i like it because the more you are making your opponent role the more hes going to fail eventually. im not sure if im missing something but the huskblade uses the archons STR which is 3... and that sucks. and the instant death i've found is also sort of pointless since every other person has eternal warrior.

Last thing, what is the point of having PGL, I havn't quite figured that out yet.

I'm super new to the game so thanks a lot for the help everyone.
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart   Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 05:52

PGL is the swiss army knife of CC troops. Offensive grenades + defensive grenades. You don't lose your I for charging through cover, the opponent doesn't get their bonus for charging you, and your unit gets stealth if within 8" of the enemy unit, helping you survive Overwatch. Worth every point.
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart   Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 05:54

If you want to leave a unit in your deployment zone I would recommend a Splinter Cannon or Dark Lance on them. Also if you find you have the points a venom is still worth buying. Two Splinter Cannons on a fast vehicle is alot of shots. Venoms are worth their cost in their own right usually even if you don't put anyone in them.

The value for the Huskblade is really in the AP2 it's pretty much the only way to get AP2 on your Archon and it's one of the few options for getting it in our whole book (obviously I mean in melee here). The Strength issue is a pain but there are a few ways around it with combat drugs, if you start him with a squad that has combat drugs as well (Wyches) or a squad that has a pain token naturally (Grotesques, Wracks, or a Haemonculous) and roll the +pain token drug you'll start off with Furious Charge which gives him Strength 4 when he needs it most. Then there is the possibility of just plain rolling +Strength. Finally +attack or +reroll to wound can both get around the issue through sheer weight of numbers (roll enough times and Strength 3 will wound anyway). As for Eternal Warrior, I don't know if it's all that common but maybe it is in your area. Obviously I wouldn't know what armies you face Still there isn't any reason to buy the huskblade if you don't want it, the venom blade is a great value on its own.

Finally "what is the point of the PGL" it's to give your units assault and defensive grenades. Incubi do not have assault grenades which means when they charge into cover they're striking last. Likewise they don't want to get shot up which defensive grenades help with as the provide a cover save vs shooting from specific ranges (look up defensive grenades for more info).
Back to top Go down
mregular
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart   Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 06:57

Ok thanks. the meta-game at my club seems to not warrant the huskblade at this time but for larger tournament play i definitly see the validity of it. thanks for all the advice everyone
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart   Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 09:41

Murkglow wrote:
His Wyches do have Haywire Grenades. Or do you mean Hydra Gauntlets? I don't really think you do but it's hard to tell with just two letters. =P

At the time of my post he was listing them with plasma grenades, and all their basic equipment. (Yes I know plasma is basic for wyches)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart   Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourney Liat - Please rip it apart
Page 1 of 1