THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kthraxis
Slave
Kthraxis

Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley Empty
PostSubject: Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley   Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23 2012, 13:37

I've not played with Dark Eldar for a while.

Previously I have played them from their humble beginnings in 3rd edition right up until the year before their re-release last year (so about 2 years then!?!?) and had 7 raiders (3 wyche, 3 Warrior and 1 Incubi), 3 ravagers and a bunch of reavers... I'm a fan of the fast, flying approach.

So I'm no stranger to DE's strengths and weaknesses.

I've been looking for a new army since 6th... I've been getting very bored of Shpaesh Mahreens, who's 2 dimensional codex has served me well enough.

It was, infact, all the online dripping (translation - complaining) about how DA got "nerfed-so-hard" that rekindled my interest. Not that I'm a sucker for punishment or like an uphill struggle! I just prefer playing armies with a bit more finesse.

I used to pound people into the ground with, what was considered by others to be, a "new-edition-ruined-codex"... so what's new?

Slightly more expensive troops...PFP, Poison... +1 point... yes please
Less firepower from smaller units?.... er... trueborn... 'nough said
Hull point ruined raider/venoms?... well 5+ jink for free, no getting destroyed by glancing... balance restored....

In short, I just want DE players to quit dripping because our codex isn't flavour of the week, it's not supposed to be an easy codex to use... It never was XD... RIGHT! I'll shut up and show you the list I'm about to buy just to get me started... or restarted as it were.

HQ

Archon - Blaster, Venom Blade, Shadow Field -
Rides with the trueborn to improve output, the shadow field was used because I had about 40 points left! and since he's the warlord... it helps)

Elites

4 x Trueborne - 4 x Blasters
Venom - +1 Splintercannon
(don't think it takes too much imagination to know their role... support infantry in AI/AT capacity)

Troops

10 x Kabalite Warriors - Splintercannon, Shredder
Raider - Splinter racks
(all other advantages aside, I've not read any chatter about splinter racks and overwatch yet... a great defensive tool considering the increased risk to vehicles in melee)

10 x Wyches - Haywire grenades (or 2 WWs depending how I feel about blowing myself up XD), Hekatrix, PGL, Agonizer
Raider
(forget all the dripping about agonizers being ap 3, they are still an amazing equalizer. Since these a re melee dedicated, it's point well spent)

Fast Attack

6 x Reavers - 2 Heat Lances, Arena Champion, Venom Blade
(These guys ideally want to stay out of combat.. the AC is mainly there because it's a small unit with LD8... +1LD please and with 5 poits going spare, why not prepare for the worst with a VB)

Heavy

Razorwing Jet Fighter - 2 Dissy Cannons, Flickerfields
(9 AT shots so far so she'll be dedicated to AI)

1000 Points... well 999 to be precise

Last edited by Kthraxis on Fri Nov 23 2012, 17:00; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : ...poor diction!)
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley   Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23 2012, 13:52

Welcome back, like the 1000 point list- might want to change the reference DA to DE- Maybe Im just a muppet but I kept thinking you were talking about Dark Angels Razz
Also flickerfields are decent on a razorwing- means you can keep shooting without having to jink out the way!- if you can find the points!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Kthraxis
Slave
Kthraxis

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley   Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23 2012, 17:01

What?You've never heard of Dark Aldar? Haha, thanks for that... I must go flay myself in shame!

FF is already there but thanks for the advice Smile
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley   Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23 2012, 18:19

Haha sorry didn't see that Razz Nothing like the same advice repeated again and again, did I ever mention that poisoned weapons are great against Tyranids? Didn't think anybody on the forum knew that Razz

Back to top Go down
Kthraxis
Slave
Kthraxis

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley   Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2012, 22:06

Just been number crunching and realized that if I skimp on the upgrades I can pack a proper gunboat in.
Do you reckon it's worth losing out on the unit upgrades for the firepower that a 3xDissy ravager can put out?

Archon - Blaster

4 x Trueborne - 4 x Blasters
Venom - +1 Splintercannon

10 x Kabalite Warriors - Splintercannon
Raider - Splinter racks

10 x Wyches - Hekatrix, PGL, Venom Blade
Raider

6 x Reavers - 2 Heat Lances

Razorwing Jet Fighter

Ravager

1000 Points... well 999 to be precise
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley   Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2012, 22:41

Always IMO. More troops beats more toys almost every time.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley   Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 00:06

^ repeat and rince till your fingernails fall out

Back to top Go down
crion
Hellion
crion

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley   Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 06:01

I think I'd like to see atleast 3 troops @1k.

What is going to be the AT hammer and the AI hammer here? I see razorwing as the complementing AI.

If facing this l think target saturation is pretty low. Take out a blasterborn venom and whyches raider and you are severely hamperred.
Back to top Go down
Kthraxis
Slave
Kthraxis

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley   Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 21:42

Does there need to be a "hammer"?... I've got 11 darklight weapons and the rest is AI

well let me take you through what I actually have so far...

1 x Archon (magnetized arms)

5 x Incubi

7 x Trueborne - 4 Blasters, 2 Dark lances

10 x Kabalite Warriors - Splintercannon

20 x Wyches - 2 x Shardnet & Impaler, 2 x PGL Heks

6 x Reavers - 2 x Heat Lances, Arena Champ

2 x Raiders - Darklances

1 x Venom - 2 x Splintercannons

1 x Razorwing - 2 x Darklances

1 x Ravager - 3 x Disintegrators

.....think if I wanted to use more troops, I'd like more transports...
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley   Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 22:15

Leave hammer units to Matt Ward armies, not important in a fun game anyway

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley   Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Returning to DA for 6th? Surly not... yes I am... and don't call me Surley
Page 1 of 1