THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Shadow Spectres

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Balisong
Sybarite

Shadow Spectres Empty
PostSubject: Shadow Spectres   Shadow Spectres I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09 2012, 15:20

So I ordered a unit of Forgeworld Shadow Spectres that I'm going to paint up and use as an allied Detachment.

It seems like they would be pretty useful to have.

Anyone ever give them a go, and what would you pair with them to flesh out the allied Detachment?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Shadow Spectres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres   Shadow Spectres I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 14:56

depends, are you using eldar or corsairs???

personally your best bet is something to compliment their speed, so fast troops, and a fast HQ are great.

They are like a ground version of a prisim cannon, so they are going to be shooting at tanks and heavy infantry. What makes them decent is the invul they get from being so far away from the shot. Use this to your advantage, as well as the EJB movement given by jetpacks and they are a decent, if not expensive unit.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

Shadow Spectres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres   Shadow Spectres I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11 2012, 05:06

Thanks!

Likely going to be using Corsairs
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Shadow Spectres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres   Shadow Spectres I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11 2012, 14:50

if your taking corsairs, then your best bet is a prince (for the nightfight a turn) a unit of corsair jetbikes or a corsair unit in a falcon, and then the shadow specters. I would also look at the warp hunter if you have points left over, as that is an amazing tank that corsairs have access too.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Shadow Spectres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres   Shadow Spectres I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11 2012, 14:55

Shadows Revenge wrote:
if your taking corsairs, then your best bet is a prince (for the nightfight a turn) a unit of corsair jetbikes or a corsair unit in a falcon, and then the shadow specters. I would also look at the warp hunter if you have points left over, as that is an amazing tank that corsairs have access too.
Corsairs must take a minimum of one Corsair squad for their troops. Also, Eldar have access to Shadow Specters and Warp Hunters. Corsairs can take them as an Elites slot, CWE as a FA slot.

Yes, I has ze book Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shadow Spectres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres   Shadow Spectres I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadow Spectres
Page 1 of 1