THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cronos crazy

Go down 
+2
Drazhar
xerxeshavelock
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xerxeshavelock
Hellion

Cronos crazy Empty
PostSubject: Cronos crazy   Cronos crazy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 05:38

Has anyone tried a trio of Cronos' yet? Could see it being a nice force multiplier.

Rules wise can a Cronos add Pain Tokens to an embarked unit?

Does anyone have enough to playtest the unit? (and if it works I get to name it yeah? Laughing )

Edit:It would use up your HS slots so you'd need plenty of AT in a list. I'm envisioning cheap raider/blaster squads for cover with something assaulty using the Cronos as cover - like a phalanx. Once the Cronos have FNP they can start adding it to other units. It could be a nice change of pace to the usual nippy but fragile armies.
Back to top Go down
Drazhar
Slave
Drazhar

Cronos crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos crazy   Cronos crazy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 09:30

I've used one cronos a lot and tried two once. I found with two I was drowning in pain tokens, so three might be over kill.

But I'm a big fan of the cronos. Awesome unit.
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

Cronos crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos crazy   Cronos crazy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 10:55

More than one Cronos is just too much, IMHO. I use one, and I don't think I'd leave home without it in a list without Haemonculi. So far it's been a great unit for me, and opponents don't like the Cronos for it's ability to give the army FNP and FC, so they tend to try and take it out early on. Which in turn reduces the pressure on my raiders/ravagers/venoms.
Back to top Go down
xerxeshavelock
Hellion

Cronos crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos crazy   Cronos crazy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 11:34

Drazhar wrote:
I've used one cronos a lot and tried two once. I found with two I was drowning in pain tokens, so three might be over kill.

But I'm a big fan of the cronos. Awesome unit.

Drowning in Pain Tokens sounds like a nice place to be. Smile
The I was thinking the first turn you'd hopefully be giving each Cronos FNP, so you wouldn't be helping your force until turn 2, but after that it should make a big difference to the rest of your force.
Back to top Go down
GreySeerZ
Hellion
GreySeerZ

Cronos crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos crazy   Cronos crazy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 21:08

Just curious, what kind of armies are you building around these Chronos?

It looks like most of you have mobile transport armies. Do you feel like the Chronos gets left behind?

What do you put in the other 2 slots, ravagers/fighters?

What do you equip your chronos with?

I really like the idea of taking no haemonculi in the army, but does 1 really generate enough PTs?

I like the idea of using one and replacing haemonculi with two HQs that can focus on hurting things (cheap succubus and an archon most likely). I'm just wondering how this has worked for most of you? Do you feel that it is competitive enough to take to a tournament?
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

Cronos crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos crazy   Cronos crazy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 10:18

GreySeerZ wrote:
Just curious, what kind of armies are you building around these Chronos?

My list can be found here: https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t136-1750-the-army-of-cool-models

GreySeerZ wrote:
It looks like most of you have mobile transport armies. Do you feel like the Chronos gets left behind?

As long as you have something in the backfield (ravagers, sniper squads, venom squads etc) the Cronos will have some friends. Besides, it should move up 6" each turn to get close to the enemy. If you are in range of the spirit vortex, you're usually also within 12" of one of your units. And for me the Cronos is only really useful in the first three turns or so, after that my army is usually already in CC with enough pain tokens to get the job done. And having the Cronos coming in the turn after the wyches/incubi/etc is not too bad.

GreySeerZ wrote:
What do you put in the other 2 slots, ravagers/fighters?

Ravagers. IMHO every HS slot not specifically spent on something cool should be filled with ravagers.

GreySeerZ wrote:
What do you equip your chronos with?

Just the spirit vortex. That one is mandatory for the Cronos to work. The spirit probe is fun, too, but I don't want a weak monster in CC in the first place so why buy a CC upgrade?

GreySeerZ wrote:
I really like the idea of taking no haemonculi in the army, but does 1 really generate enough PTs?

Depends on what you use in the army and how many pain tokens you think you're going to need. I feel I only need the first PT on my wyches to help them stay alive in combat, although the second one is a nice bonus. Incubi are fine as is, and can get their pain tokens all by themselves quite easily.
So yeah, I feel one Cronos gets me enough PT's for the entire army.

GreySeerZ wrote:
I like the idea of using one and replacing haemonculi with two HQs that can focus on hurting things (cheap succubus and an archon most likely). I'm just wondering how this has worked for most of you? Do you feel that it is competitive enough to take to a tournament?

DE HQ's aren't that great compared to a similarly priced squad. I'd rather take yet another troops choice over a second HQ. I quite like my one Huskblade-gimmick Archon, but I'd rather not spend more money on a t3 character that's going to die to the hit they'll take.
That said: the only HQ choice I would take next to my Archon in competitive lists would be Haemonculi or a special character like Malys or the Baron. Although they would probably be taken instead of the Archon as my sole HQ.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Bunny
Hellion

Cronos crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos crazy   Cronos crazy I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 01:52

Before I got Ravagers, I ran one Crronos with my gunboat list. They are handy to have just to throw out pain tokens. Given their stats, they can soak up a fair bit of damage before dying. I view it as every shot that goes to the Cronos isn't one that is hitting a Raider. I had one game against a half mech guard army where it churned through 30 odd Guard by templates, winning combat and running down enemies won me the game. It took every shot that was thrown at it and as soon as it got into combat it was stuck on 1 wound for the rest of the game, just chewing out guard and spitting out Pain Tokens to all my squads.
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

Cronos crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos crazy   Cronos crazy I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02 2011, 19:32

I have to agree with Drazhar's comments.

I usually run a coven heavy webway list, one cronos is good, two is a bit overkill, you find you run out of targets in range very quickly. Even though the strength isn't great, nice big templates make quick work of units. Three would likely leave two of them standing around most of the time doing nothing. But I imagine alot would depend on your list and playstyle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cronos crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos crazy   Cronos crazy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cronos crazy
Page 1 of 1