THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan

Go down 
+73
eohall
CptMetal
amorrowlyday
colinsherlow
Calyptra
Joker
Woozl
Demantiae
Shinobi_8745
glnngu
Azdrubael
Dragontree
punk possum
CurstAlchemist
Marrath
BlackCadian
Red Corsair
Its_Rumble
The_Burning_Eye
Nozgul
Black Death
Amornar
Crazy_Irish
Plastikente
Jimsolo
Tengu
Fidra
aurynn
Dii
Grub
Vael Galizur
Squidmaster
The Yak
durahamter
thesaltedwound
kizzdougs
Devilish
The Red King
Nullus
LSK
darkmark
sammun
Jaboigan
shadowseercB
spellcheck2001
Herbert West
Sangarn
Bearded Dan
Lord_Alino
facelessabsalom
Khain mor
Astus
Ciirian
Mr_Pink
Erebus
Mngwa
Kinnay
Dogmar
Chaeril
Balisong
Deyfluff
dokclaw
The Eye of Error
Alpha Ghaz
Sky Serpent
Gobsmakked
Siticus the Ancient
Marquis Vaulkhere
Count Adhemar
Zathgar
Evil Space Elves
Hess
Cavalier
77 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2013, 01:24

I agree with Siticus on those rangers. The dark , stealthy look really sets them apart from the rich reds and golds. I also agree that the White Lions parts are pretty boss and should look fantastic. My HE army has always had White Lion units just for the shear cool factor and models. (Though I must admit that mine are all metal....yes my high elves are old)

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2013, 01:42

@ Sitcus- Thanks for the comments. Painting black is pretty hard. Its been so long since I did it, I thought it was going to be super easy, but I ended up having to really buckle down and be super careful, because any little mess-up really showed. These guys still need more work, but they are such cool models that its worth it. As for the White Lions bits, I cannot tell you how pumped I am to get them. Eventually I'm going to get the lions from the Chariots, and use them either on my display boards, or the fortress diorama/terrain piece I keep gathering bits for or perhaps even a counts-as unit of some sort. Maybe a Talos.

@ Evil Space Elves- Glad you like the departure from my normal scheme. I felt I really needed to make a departure from my normal scheme. I wanted my Rangers to feel like they were their own little tribe, but I also wanted something somewhat "realistic". Glad you liked the use of the White Lions bits as well. They are just one of the coolest units in the GW line. I really wish they would make a Craftworld equivalent, or maybe even an Exodite equivalent. Though I guess you could make the case for Incubi fulfilling the same role. Though thats just a guess. Though I own the old High Elf army books (I collect em for the fluff) I've actually never played fantasy though I love the models. Would you say there is a Eldar/Dark Eldar equivalent to the White Lions? I always wanted to invent an Aspect based on them.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2013, 02:08

I truly don't believe that there is an Eldar/DE equivilant in the cool factor department.

Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2013, 06:17

Beautiful!

Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2013, 22:17

@Cheril- Thanks! Smile

Hey guys. Still plugging away. Simultaneously painting too many models (Incubi, Rangers, and my Venom Gunner) and now I got my bits order and in and now I have the conversion bug. Here's what I'm working on!

New Archon. This guy is a count-as exiled Autarch. whose warhost followed him into exile. Now I'm toying with the idea his craftworld was destroyed after his exile, and he represents the last practitioner of an extinct Aspect.

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 DSC01104

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 DSC01098

And I thought I'd throw this random little bit in:

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 DSC01091

This is going to be a principal piece in my Eldar Corsair bastion. It;ll be used to make towers, and weapon turrets. It might not look like much now, but I think its going to look really good with what I have planned. Anyway I'll be back soon with some more significant updates. Thanks for all the comments it makes me really glad I joined the forum.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2013, 22:20

Damn it White Lion parts are where it's at! Great conversion, especially the WL power axe. Looking forward to some paint on him!

Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2013, 22:44

I am using their Axes for Power Axes as well. They really fit nicely.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2013, 22:57

Really liking the Autarch, are you going to go for more gold on him with just red accents? Good use of white lion parts.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14 2013, 12:23

@ Evil Space Elves- These bits are amazing. I've got a whole boat load of more shoulder pads on the way, but I'm going to have to pick up the regiment box and the Chariot as well at some point.

@Balisong- I'm actually going to use the Power Axe as a counts-as unique Huskblade.

@Sky Serpent- There is going to be a ton of gold on this guy. The breastplate and the under armor will be red, but most of the plating will be gold. Thanks for the compliments on the bits Smile

Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14 2013, 19:44

I must agree with others, White Lion bits look amazing on DE. It will be interesting when I get around painting my own Trueborn. I will have to be really careful not to draw too much influence from your guys, haha!

Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16 2013, 00:02

Thank you for the mini tut Smile I will definitely try out your technique.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2013, 21:53

Hey guys minor WIP update. My Archon is coming along nicely. Here he is with his Incubi and his transport.

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 DSC01122

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 DSC01125

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 DSC01132

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 DSC01137
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2013, 23:29

Nice updates, archon and venom look brilliant as does the rest of the force with your bright colour scheme. Good stuff.

May I ask what you did with the venom cockpit to have that green-ish effect? Is that actually the cockpit painted green or did you do something to the canopy? I have kept mine clear, but the effect is so nice I might use a similar effect for my next army projects windows.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2013, 23:40

Yeah man, the canopy looks amazing. Green wash over it?

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 01:04

Perfect helmet swap for the Incubi to match the theme/look. That archon looks fantastic! Did you do the floor polish and ink trick on the windshield?

Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 08:48

They are shaping up really well! The green-tinted windows on the Venom look great as well.

I'm envious, how do you get your gold look so good? Care to give any tips?

Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 11:41

Amazing models! Nice that not everyone is painting their DE so... dark Twisted Evil

Would love to see more of the rangers!

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 12:40

Thanks guys, glad you like the new models. As for the Green Canopy: Its a pretty easy trick, though I'm sure their is a better way to do it. I actually mix "'ard coat" varnish with an old green wash till I get a nice dark translucent look and paint it on by hand. Sometimes it goes on like a dream, other times it takes a little bit of smoothing out with a damp brush. I got a feel fort it by testing it out on one of the extra canopies that came with my first Venom a couple of months ago. And BTW I use "'ard coat" on the eyes of helmed and unhelmed guys as well. Also varnish the lips of female warriors to make them extra alluring Razz

@ Domar- Thanks glad you like my more colorful scheme.

@ Kinnay- See above Smile

@E.S.E- Thanks for the comments on my Archon. Its a pretty extreme kit bash. Glad you like my Incubi as well, I wasn't sure how other Dark Eldar players would feel about the helmet swap. As for the floor varnish technique, I'm not sure I've never heard of it. If its easier than the technique I described above, let me know because I know one of these days I'm going to butcher a canopy and have to scour ebay for extras.

@ Siticus- Glad you are enjoying my updates, I really appreciate it. As for the gold, I actually prime the majority of models with a Testors Gold, and just paint everything from the ground-up. Here is a summary from an older post on how:
"Yeah I use Testors Gold primer. Its easy enough to use, and its cheap. For most of my infantry models I just prime the whole thing gold and carefully paint around the parts I want to remain gold, because if you get even a tiny amount of paint on the gold, your out of luck because chances are you are not going to be able smudge it off. With vehicles I'll prime most of the vehicle gold, mask the parts I want to remain gold with regular old scotch tape, then airbrush the model red (or whatever color). It can be stressful because its unforgiving, but it looks good and is easy to do if you are careful. Feel free to ask me for any specifics, or for clarifications because I'd love to spread the technique to other players, because I feel it can be a real great tool in the painting aresenal especially for CW Eldar/ and Dark Eldar players."

@Mngwa- Glad you like my sort of departure from the DE norm, but let it be said I REALLY want to do a dark and sinister kabal at some point. Probably Black and Gold, and the do a true Craftworld army as White and Gold. Also glad you mentioned my Rangers. I'll take some more photos of them as I'm about to do their backpacks. I also have another squad of five I'm going to be painting at some point, and hopefully they'll look a little better than my first batch, which I think could look a little better.
[i]
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 18:52

Hey guys. Quick WIP update. These guys are the last 2 Incubi for the 4 man squad. Finishing my Incubi are part of my forum challenge. Now all is left is to assemble, prime and assemble my raider.

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 DSC01150

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 DSC01166

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 DSC01161
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 19:31

Another great update! Your Kabalite-helmed Incubi counts-as really stand out, and the way you paint your gems really gives them great depth and a pleasant glow. I'll have to try your way of painting them out some time, your way of doing it has the dark-to-vibrant parts inverted as opposed how I do mine.

And really, even now I know your dirty secrets of a gold spray, it still looks absolutely awesome! By the way, do you shade your gold with washes afterwards?

Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 19:58

While not a colour scheme I'd typically use, I really like your paintwork. It's incredibly crisp and just seems to..."pop", for lack of a better term.

Oh, and I'll definitely be stealing your technique for faces.

Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 12:30

Sorry for the late reply. I thought I'd have another batch of updates but RL has been in the way. Curse you real life.

@ Siticus the Ancient: Thanks for the compliments and I'm glad you like my gem stones. As for the washing the gold, yes I do. I use Null Oil or whatever the new black wash is called. You gotta use it carefully though because if it pools you are out of luck because its near impossible to hide any paint that gets on the gold. I've used the brush on Testors gold in the past, but its a bear to work with and really doesnt take to the models. I should experiment with it again in the future, or perhaps get a hold of some of that Vallejo stuff and see how close it is to the testors stuff.

@ Erebus- Thanks man. Glad your enjoying my updates, and I'm also glad you liked my guide to painting faces.

Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 23:55

This force is the bee's knees. It is the cat's pajama's. It is the cock of the walk, and I can't get enough of it.
You've done a fantastic job. I love seeing the Dark Eldar models in such a bright colour scheme, and I'm particularly fond of that Archon/Fallen Autarch with his perfect lion shoulder pads.

Kuddos, and keep it up!

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02 2013, 00:43

Mr_Pink wrote:

This force is the bee's knees. It is the cat's pajama's. It is the cock of the walk
The dog's bollocks. Not to be confused with regular bollocks, of course; that's the complete opposite.

Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 23:08

@ Mr_Pink- Thanks man. I love your army as well, some of the best DE modeling I've seen.
@ Erebus- lol

Mini-update. Finishing off the rest of my Reavers. I like the style I did this guy in, definitley going to paint their shrouds red in the future. In fact I'm really looking forward to doing a second squad, as its taken me about a million years in between each model and they look a little motley to my eye.

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 Screen%2520Shot%25202013-03-04%2520at%25202.40.16%2520PM

Also here is my Warp Hunter. I bought one of these before, and my primer deciding to go fuzzy on me. It seems Army Painter primer's do not like the climate in Carolina. I managed to salvage it a bit, but the death blow came when my cat snuck into my 40k closet and went berserk. Despite the cost, I'm actually really looking forward to painting it. Its one of my favorite forgeworld units. I just hope my local store will let me use it.

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 DSC01174

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 DSC01173

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next