THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan

Go down 
+73
eohall
CptMetal
amorrowlyday
colinsherlow
Calyptra
Joker
Woozl
Demantiae
Shinobi_8745
glnngu
Azdrubael
Dragontree
punk possum
CurstAlchemist
Marrath
BlackCadian
Red Corsair
Its_Rumble
The_Burning_Eye
Nozgul
Black Death
Amornar
Crazy_Irish
Plastikente
Jimsolo
Tengu
Fidra
aurynn
Dii
Grub
Vael Galizur
Squidmaster
The Yak
durahamter
thesaltedwound
kizzdougs
Devilish
The Red King
Nullus
LSK
darkmark
sammun
Jaboigan
shadowseercB
spellcheck2001
Herbert West
Sangarn
Bearded Dan
Lord_Alino
facelessabsalom
Khain mor
Astus
Ciirian
Mr_Pink
Erebus
Mngwa
Kinnay
Dogmar
Chaeril
Balisong
Deyfluff
dokclaw
The Eye of Error
Alpha Ghaz
Sky Serpent
Gobsmakked
Siticus the Ancient
Marquis Vaulkhere
Count Adhemar
Zathgar
Evil Space Elves
Hess
Cavalier
77 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 16:00

Looking good as always!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2017, 08:25

I love these! The paint job is so clear and crisp, and the conversions are dynamic but subtle. Bravo!

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2017, 12:27

@Vael Galizur - Hey man thanks. I know the FW kit seems expensive but its an awesome kit… I’ve bought it a few times over and used it for so many conversions. I never regret buying it…. plus if you get the small Special Weapons team one you can save up those meltas, flamers, missile launchers for Fire Dragons, Storm Guardians and Dark Reapers (the last one being my next unit to convert up). Highly recomended… Also about the Gathering Storm II: in all the rumors I’ve consistently seen the Corsairs mentioned. If they at least include them in the fluff I’ll be happy. Either way I’m playing the Campaign as this Ynnead business is exactly the type of thing the Lions of Asuryan believe in. Can’t wait! Anyway thanks man Smile

@Ynneadwraith - Hey bud. Thanks glad to see you on here. Appreciate the kind words and always enjoy chatting with you. Thanks! Smile

@Squidmaster - Thanks man. Glad to see you again! Thanks for stopping by!

@Scrz - Thanks man, those kind of compliments really mean a lot. Keeping things simple is sort of my mantra (it helps make the special characters stand out… cheating I know… lol)… so I really appreciate it. Seriously thanks for the compliments man and thanks for stopping by Smile

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2017, 14:26

Any time Cav Wink looking forward to some batreps for the latest campaign Smile

Also, definitely looking forward to some Corsair Dark Reapers. Judging by the excellence of your Scorpions (and the Banshees, still some of my absolute favourites those!) I'm sure they'll be utterly brilliant Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2017, 20:14

I can't believe I haven't commented on this log before now (I honestly thought I did...) but I've been looking at your log for months and every conversion looks fantastic. The red and gold looks stunning with the bright blues and the whites of your lions.

The theme behind your army is great and every update is cool to look at.

spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2017, 13:34

Hey dude. Great to see you back on here. Your corsairs are looking absolutely glorious! Really like the striking scorpion conversions. They just look mean, and I like the black coloured armour

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 13:55

@Ynnead - Thanks man always appreciated. My Scorpions are my babies... my fave unit to run in all the game. They've been such beasts for me on the tabletop and totally changed the way my army operates. So thanks Smile

@Rhivan - Thanks man. Really glad you've been enjoying the project. Thanks for the compliments on the colors too... its not easy doing all the metallics so its appreciated. I really dig all the conversions you've done on your own army. I'd love to see some paint on those bad boys! Again thanks man.

@Everybody- Just a quick update.... finished another Hornet. I've got 5 of them done at this point, though I'm gonna strip and re-do 3 of them. The original trio are a bit beat up, after being re-magnetized and re-worked they need some love. I want to tie them all into a single squadron too with a single chevron so.... time to strip 3 of them. Yikes!

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 32773825255_d1b1779239_z

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 32732897556_102ec4fde4_z

Also to be clear! I'd NEVER use these all in a single game. 2 is my limit.... this is meant purely for the overall collection, Apoc... and the occasional revenge game against a cheesy opponent! Twisted Evil

Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 02:38

Well at least you aren't going to be evil with them xD

I like the silver soulstones they work really well, They blend in very well while still being pretty appealing. (Are you using the soulstone colours to differentiate squads?)

I know this would be probably be difficult but have you thought of making a Lion Decal and painting it on all of your vehicles (and possibly the sails on raiders) to proudly display the Corsairs Emblem?

BTW how do you do your gold? I'd like to know as my officers are going to be painted with a bit of gold. As for me painting I was going to do it last weekend but I've cut open my thumb a bit so allowing that to heal first :/

I'm planning on going with Black & Silver w/ minor gold detailing and purple cloth for the rank and file, while officers will get Black & Gold w/ Silver detailing with purple cloth. Mind giving me thoughts on it as a more experienced painter?

spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 07:14

5!!! You cheesy monster Wink

They look really good though. Your army must be pretty huge by now. How are you going to strip them? Simple green? I have been told it has an adverse effect on resin, making it go all floppy and out of shape

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 12:02

@Rhivan - Hey bud thanks! Yeah I gotta restrain myself sadly lol. Also yeah I've used the soulstones to differentiate in the past. The whitish-grey ones are for the Prince's primary Raiding Company. The blue stones for the 2nd Raiding Company. There is actually a 3rd raiding company with purple stones but they are rarely featured as I only have a single squad of Avengers and Warriors in these colors.

As for the emblem I actually have 2 of the White Lions of Charce limited edition transfer sheets. I've decked out my Wave Serpents and my Warp Hunter with them, but I'm not sure if I want to use them on the hornets. I've actually been practicing free-handing a lion symbol I designed to put on the sort of ablative shielding/housing on the lances. Its a super small area but I'm getting pretty good at free-handing stuff. I'm doing all checkers, script etc. and all that for my Pre-Heresy Dark Angels and found I'm able to do it pretty well.

Its something I DEFINITELY want to do going forward. My Wave Serpents and Warp Hunter look great with the decals... so does my Void Raven so I want to go back and do it up. But the Hornets are weird... there isn't quite anything on the transfer sheet that I want on there. So I think freehand is the way to go.

As for the gold. Its SUPER easy... its the new Retributor Gold from GW. Through some Reikland Flesh wash on there, clean it up with Retributor Gold and call it a day. I don't like edge highlighting it actually. I feel it breaks up the surface.... I'll do a close-up for you next time so you can see the finished effect. Anyway thanks for the feedback. Its appreciated!

@Spellcheck2001 - I know its beastly.... I actually ordered only 3... but they came all messed up with the tips of their wings broken off. So FW sent me new ones and told me to keep them. 5 years later my scultping skills (and my brothers sculpting skills) were up to the task of repairing them and I couldn't more thrilled to add them to the swarm. Still doesn't excuse the cheese!

Yeah I hadn't heard that about resin. That is worrying.... paging Mr. EvilSpaceElves! I gotta ask Brian about that... must proceed with caution. Thanks for the heads up SC, its appreciated!

Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 18:22

Hey guys... so as time has gone on I've become  intent on giving my Eldar a facelift. When all the new Eldar stuff came out and I needed to reconfigure my army, which meant meant building and painting a whole mess of new units. On top of that I was switching from brush painting my guys up from gold, to basing them red and using the new GW gold to do the weapons and details. So in that time a lot of important units did not come out as nice as I'd like them. To that end I've begun re-detailing and touching up a bunch of my Eldar. First up is my Jetbikes. Here's the first guy I did... much happier with how he looks now. Hope you like him!

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 32800498826_9814f48105_z

Check out the re-done Scatter Laser. Got real lazy with the glow effects... so made sure I went in there and made them pop.

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 31998508484_1a16cccdd9_z

The chevrons got some much needed love. Also the paint job on the little radar screen was really weak before. Much happier now Smile

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 31998509154_9c66f5bb4b_z

And there he is with the next project redux...

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 32717515891_0e71725391_z

So these guys were gonna be Talos for a Corpsethief Claw. But I'm starting to re-think and perhaps I'm gonna run them as Clawed Fiends for a Beastpack. Undecided, but I'm in the process of repainting them and re-doing the riders. Love this idea and want to finish it up. Either way I need to start re-incorporating Dark Eldar into my lists due to my presence on the Splintermind Podcast and the Fracture of Biel-Tan book. My Reavers are next on the checklist. So stay tuned for that!

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 32841134355_cecedd7d37_z

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 32460158430_4c6a7a79d8_z

I'm gonna continue to rework some of my Eldar units... the Jetbikes, 3 of the Hornets and eventually the Fire Dragons and perhaps... the Storm Guardians.

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 31632339453_d520234d07_z

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 32292788562_f869e8870f_z

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 31632339583_6dd1bce2e1_z

Also here are some photos of my Farseer I did about a month back. At the bottom is a rogue's gallery of my HQ dudes. I really like my Illic Nightspear counts-as...

Anyways guys thats all I got for now. Hope you enjoyed the update. Stay tuned and talk soon!

Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 19:06

The blue OSL certainly does pop, overall the jetbiker looks a lot better now.

I haven't mentioned it here, but I love you using Lions as Talos pain engines. It's an amusing thought to think of them as Heavy Cavalry.
As for what rules your going to use for them, Beastpack would be good for taking advantage of Soulburst (make sure to have some Beastmasters in there or else it won't matter), Talos and use the Coven stuff, or you could make them Wraithblades. If you go for the latter (or the Beastpack) you could give them lances as if they were going to do Cavalry charge on your riders.

I love it when people show all their HQ's together, it always looks really cool. (Your Incubus conversion is my favorite)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15