THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan

Go down 
+73
eohall
CptMetal
amorrowlyday
colinsherlow
Calyptra
Joker
Woozl
Demantiae
Shinobi_8745
glnngu
Azdrubael
Dragontree
punk possum
CurstAlchemist
Marrath
BlackCadian
Red Corsair
Its_Rumble
The_Burning_Eye
Nozgul
Black Death
Amornar
Crazy_Irish
Plastikente
Jimsolo
Tengu
Fidra
aurynn
Dii
Grub
Vael Galizur
Squidmaster
The Yak
durahamter
thesaltedwound
kizzdougs
Devilish
The Red King
Nullus
LSK
darkmark
sammun
Jaboigan
shadowseercB
spellcheck2001
Herbert West
Sangarn
Bearded Dan
Lord_Alino
facelessabsalom
Khain mor
Astus
Ciirian
Mr_Pink
Erebus
Mngwa
Kinnay
Dogmar
Chaeril
Balisong
Deyfluff
dokclaw
The Eye of Error
Alpha Ghaz
Sky Serpent
Gobsmakked
Siticus the Ancient
Marquis Vaulkhere
Count Adhemar
Zathgar
Evil Space Elves
Hess
Cavalier
77 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20 2015, 12:15

@Lord_Alino - Definitely... and the cool thing is that way you can construct units for the Corsairs pushes you to do conversions and counts-as and the rewards you with extremely cost-effective wargear and squad leader upgrades. It doesn't punish you for re-configuring units as there are pro's and cons built into a lot of the wargear. FW did an excellent job with this army list... its really a kitbasher's dream come true.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20 2015, 12:24

do Corsairs have their own line of models or is everything made with Eldar and Dark Eldar?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21 2015, 06:27

They have conversion kit's for the bikes, the jetpacks and the Wasp Assault Walker. Everything else has to be Kitbash.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21 2015, 06:49

oh wow that's neat. If only SoB was like that.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21 2015, 07:00

Yep! It's why I take such a hard line stance on the validity of conversion and counts-as in the hobby. Your guys are a mechanic to tell your stories so model them any way you'd like. As long as you have the correct weapons and sizes for your rules i don't particularly care what your chassis' look like.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21 2015, 08:14

It'd be nice to be allowed to use non 40k miniatures for conversions. Just having to use 40k weapons for the minis
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21 2015, 09:03

They look extremely expensive but awesome nevertheless!

Why are they a substitute for fire dragons? Do they have Melter weapons?

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21 2015, 09:41

CptMetal wrote:
They look extremely expensive but awesome nevertheless!

If he had to order those dark lances off ebay there's 15 bucks right there. And that's just the guns!
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21 2015, 11:55

@CptMetal - Hey CptMetal thanks for stopping by! They are Corsair Balestrike band from the new Imperial Armor 11. Basically they are Jetpack (meaning extra movement and relentless) Dark Lance team. Poor poor Scourges if only they could use their lances on the move.

As for the cost, they actually they werent expensive at all. They are Dark Lances I saved from my old Kabalite Warrior boxes (of which I have many), Scourge legs that go for 10 bucks and left over heads and jump packs from the Corsair Jetbike project I finished awhile back.

I save all my bits and I've got stuff going waaaaaay back to 2nd edition like Eldar powerfists and whatnot. Yet even so most of the time my kitbashes are only around $10 more expensive than a normal unit and often times I have lots of left overs that spill into future projects. Plus the models can be swapped from unit to unit (like my counts-as Hawks being added to this unit to add body count to protect the lances). Or my counts as Harlies who can be Storm Guardians, Malevolents or a Voidstorm Squad on foot.

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 IMG_2376

Same with my counts-as Dragons they can be split up and inserted into Storm Guardian squads, or Voidstorm squads.

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 IMG_2375

For a little extra money upfront I get a ton of flexibility and actually can save quite a bit in the long run which is certainly nice!

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22 2015, 02:43

These scum are so beautiful Cavalier
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01 2016, 18:55

Hey guys still plugging away on my Corsairs and making some decent progress 3/8 are finished and I'm very happy with how they are coming out. Really excited about the army list and I'm hard at work trying to get a real Corsairs army up and running. Just need a few Jetbike kits and I should be up and running.

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 IMG_2622

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 IMG_2619

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 IMG_2692

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 IMG_2693

Also working on a new piece of terrain. My brother made it but I'm painting like we usually do. Also I'm actually going to begin running IA:11 starting this week!

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 IMG_2690

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 IMG_2689

Haven't been able to get too many games in lately as my 40k scene is running on fumes but once we get this campaign going my brother and I are going to be playing very regularly at home. Anyway enjoy guys and talk to you all soon.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03 2016, 04:43

this is the only army I've ever wanted to see in real life close up.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03 2016, 12:52

@Lord Alino- Thanks man. If you get up-close their are flaws like any other army I assure you. They still hold pretty well though even in super big hi-res photos which I'm proud of. Anyway thanks man I appreciate it.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03 2016, 16:02

You're painting gold, I'm sure there will be flaws
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2016, 12:00

Hey gang well I finally finished my Balestrike band! It sure did take awhile but I'm really happy with how they came out. I really think this unit is going to be one of those go-to units for Corsairs. They are so freaking cheap its amazing. Ever since 6th ed dropped whether its Fire Dragons or Wraithguard (who I run much less now) deepstriking has been a BIG part of my game. So having a unit like this especially with a Skyburner Coterie is of huge importance to my playstyle. Its really nice not having to jump through all these hoops to get that accurate deepstrike and also cool that I'm not dropping destroyer weapons into my opponents backfield as well lol.

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 Squad1

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 Squad2

Anyway guys next up is my Prince on a bike and his retinue of counts-as Shining Spears which will have magnetized options to make a Seer Council for competitive play. After that I'm moving on develop a pure no allies Corsair list. Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned!

Hellion
eohall

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2016, 23:11

Really nice color scheme, and CLEAN execution. These look great. Need to get myself some of those FW conversion kits
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30 2016, 12:13

@Eohall- Thanks man I appreciate it. Thats awesome you are starting up a Corsair army, the conversion kit is really really nice. If you mix in some DE heads you can basically Corsair-ify a number of squads just sprinkling the Corsair helmets across a couple of different units. I bought 2 conversion kits and made a counts-as Dire Avenger squad, Striking Scorpion and Corsair Jetbike squad with just those 2 kits and some DE heads. If you get the chance start up a project blog, I'd love to follow a fellow Corsair player army construction journey. Anyway good luck with your army and thanks for your comments!

Kabalite Warrior
Garion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09 2016, 19:18

Really really loving your models!

I'm gonna start a Corsairs army too, hope you don't mind me stealing some of your ideas Very Happy

My blog: A painting chaos
Back to top Go down
http://apaintingchaos.blogspot.it
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10 2016, 12:11

Hey man thanks. No problem steal away, I maintain my project logs as a kitbashing resource for my fellow Eldar players.

Sorry I don't have more updates guys, I've just been working on finishing the Craftworld elements of my army and playing tons of games. However here's a Corsair crossover model... he's an Autarch at present but he can double as a Corsair Baron... he's also meant to represent a bike version of my DE Archon. Quick note a couple of these photos feature a borrowed Windrider bike so ignore the scatter laser!

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 25868970922_4cf72226d1_o

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 25845752470_e9d62acef9_o

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 26052241291_f2fae8e37b_o

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 26052241431_9287aede40_o

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 25361038573_19f64e3ccf_o

Kabalite Warrior
Garion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10 2016, 12:43

Thank you man!

Love the Baron.

What can you tell us about Corsairs as an army after playing tons of games? Very Happy Are all units viable?

My blog: A painting chaos
Back to top Go down
http://apaintingchaos.blogspot.it
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11 2016, 12:16

Hey Garion. Unfortunately I haven't gotten a chance to play the new Corsairs list yet. Colinsherlow and my friend Ibushi have played tons of games with them and they are absolutley rocking people with them. In short yes, almost every unit in the book is very very competitive. IMO they are a top-tier army capable of competing at any level, casual or competitive. I actually participated in the Splintermind Podcast (the forums official podcast) where we took a good long look at almost every unit in the book.

Splintermind: Imperial Armor 11 v.2 Review

I had a great time recording with the guys, each of whom had some very nice insights. All of the units are great, and after the podcast talking with some of my battle bros online, I've come to think Malevolents and Ghostwalkers are a lot better than I thought at time of recording. But check it out because we talk about army building pure Corsairs, and ally support for DE both of which are awesome options. Anyway bud check it out and let us know what you think!

Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12 2016, 16:11

Impressive as always, i think i'd like to see an army shot.
Must be really big by now.

Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 12:21

Hey guys! Been a long time, but with all thats going on in the game right now, I figured I'd better get see what my battle-bros in the Dark City have been up to! Sorry for not posting for so long, didn't want to bother you with all my CWE updates... but seeing where things are headed I thought this would be the right time!

So while commission painting and the armies I'm painting up for campaigns (gotta have some more bad guys here locally, its all loyalist space marines!) I've still found time to add to my counts-as Corsair army. So here are the highlights!

I've gone on insane bender kitbashing my counts-as Striking Scorpions. They've been INCREDIBLE! in my games. Seriously have been an absolute game changer... the counter-attack ability, pulling units out of the shooting phase and grinding them down, or just out and out slaughter (Space Marine bikes I'm looking at you) has been incredible. Here is my 2nd unit... I'm working on a 3rd as well... gonna rock a 3x Scorpions Aspect Host at some point. Particularly proud of the new Exarchs...

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 31690415174_692845b541_c

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 30488798785_3977c8ea42_c

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 32533999075_d592be9e2f_c

Both squads together...

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 32411378851_e67939f05d_c

Newest Exarch

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 31107893333_570c038dae_c

Also you know em, you hate em. Warp Spiders!

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 30283251195_85bb813750_c

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 30213334725_f55bcccb29_c

My RT-Era Farseer

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 31632339453_d520234d07_c

Autarch and Shining Spears... one more box of bikes and I'll have the proper squad. Filling in with the old models ATM

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 26576064241_8c8c4c5dc6_c

Also my 3rd unit of Laser Bikes. Can't find pics of the rest of the unit but happy with how they came out.

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 27255348426_1a96a96297_c

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 27255349986_e8cb060b87_c

So thats it for now guys. I got a few other units I've been working on like a 2nd unit of Hornets, some War Walkers and other asssorted odds and ends which I'll post later. I cant wait to see what lies ahead for all the Eldar factions in this brave new world of the 13th Black Crusade. I'll make sure to keep you posted. Anyway thanks for stopping by and talk soon!

Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 13:15

Looking awesome as always! Man, I need to get back to work on mine. LOL I still need to find something for the wings. I just can't bring myself to get the Forgeworld ones.

I wonder what else might be coming after the Eldar Triumvirate. It would be so awesome if we saw some Corsairs. At least maybe some more things to use to modm for them. XD

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 15:21

Glad to have you back over here on the dark side Cav Wink

Anything that brings this stunning army to a new audience can only be a good thing Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan  - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next