THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

reserves and transports.

Go down 
+3
baster
Count Adhemar
colinsherlow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

reserves and transports. Empty
PostSubject: reserves and transports.   reserves and transports. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 05:07

Am I able to reserve the unit and deploy the transport?
I see nothing that says that I can't do this?

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: reserves and transports.   reserves and transports. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 09:39

Yes you can. The only restriction on what you can do with a dedicated transport is that no unit other than the one it belongs to can begin the game embarked on it. Other than that, your'e good to go.

baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

PostSubject: Re: reserves and transports.   reserves and transports. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 10:56

the rule i remeber reading was that if your unit and transport are in reserve the unit has to start in it, dont remeber reading anything about having to keep both in reserve.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: reserves and transports.   reserves and transports. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 15:32

Alright thanks guys. Are they any paged in the rulebook that specify that I can or can't do that? I'd swear that I read somewhere that I can?...

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: reserves and transports.   reserves and transports. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 15:39

A dedicated transport is a unit. It folliows the same rules as any other unit for reserves except where specifically stated otherwise. I can't provide a page reference to say otherwise as the rules don't say otherwise.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: reserves and transports.   reserves and transports. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 16:03

baster wrote:
the rule i remeber reading was that if your unit and transport are in reserve the unit has to start in it

There is no such rule.

Interestingly a unit and its transport count as a single choice for the purpose of the 50% rule. What happens if you start the unit on the board and the transport in reserve? Do you count them as a reserved unit or a unit on the board for the purpose of the 50% rule?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: reserves and transports.   reserves and transports. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 16:07

Mushkilla wrote:
Interestingly a unit and its transport count as a single choice for the purpose of the 50% rule. What happens if you start the unit on the board and the transport in reserve?

I think the universe explodes.

baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

PostSubject: Re: reserves and transports.   reserves and transports. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 09:14

Mushkilla wrote:
baster wrote:
the rule i remeber reading was that if your unit and transport are in reserve the unit has to start in it

There is no such rule.

sorry i didnt have rule book at the time. the rule i was thinking of was outflank page 40 BRB outflanking units with dedicated transport have to start embarked

Interestingly a unit and its transport count as a single choice for the purpose of the 50% rule. What happens if you start the unit on the board and the transport in reserve? Do you count them as a reserved unit or a unit on the board for the purpose of the 50% rule?
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: reserves and transports.   reserves and transports. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 12:04

You've put 0,5 unit in reserve and 0,5 unit on the table concerning the reserves rule?

So, I have 5 Raiders filled with Warriors. I put 2 Raiders in reserve and 1 squad of Warriors (i take them out of 1 of the raiders). And then I put 3 raiders on the table (of which 1 is empty now obviously). You comply to the 50% rule.

Guess that's how I would play it.

Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: reserves and transports.   reserves and transports. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 17:09

Also, one thing that keeps troubling me about these (and since the discussion here is about dedicated transports I will bring it up):
If you give a unit a dedicated transport, and that unit leaves it (or never was in it), can another unit that doesnt have a dedicated transport enter it?
My fuzzy memory remembers reading yes and/or no, so I want to ask here for a final answer on this Smile

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: reserves and transports.   reserves and transports. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 17:57

BRB p.78 wrote:
The only limitation of a dedicated transport is that when it is deployed, it can only carry the unit it was selected with [...]. After the game begins, it can then Transport any friendly Infantry unit...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reserves and transports.   reserves and transports. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

reserves and transports.
Page 1 of 1