THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grey Knight FAQ's

Go down 
+5
WeeDawgNYC
Rangrok1k
Xelkireth
Local_Ork
depayen
9 posters
AuthorMessage
depayen
Hellion
depayen

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 16:54

Grey Knight FAQ's are out.

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 17:10

New one?

GET-EM-BOYZ!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 23:22

You mean Codex: Thousand Sons, right?
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 04:37

Tau just got punched in the jaw...

Congratulations on beating them while they're down GW!

WeeDawgNYC
In Exile

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 08:27

What happend to Tau?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 08:58

Pulse Rifles and burst cannons are affected by Plasma Syphon (thingy that reduce BS to 1 for Plasma shooters within 12". Now also Pulse Weapons. Yes, that's 90% of Tau Wargear. No, markerlights don't work since even with bonus BS they count as 1.)

Basically it's like they would nerf Poison to 6+ in case DE. One rule change = absolutely everybody is screwed.
Typical.
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 09:24

Most Tau would consider themselves screwed if within 12" of any of the enemys models anyhow.
And if you can get within 12" from another model in the inquisitors unit but not within 12" from the inquisitor you can still fire at full effect.

It doesn't matter all that much, since it's a unique piece of wargear on a T3, 3W 3+save and range 12".

Still, I understand the frustration.

/more than experienced tau player
Back to top Go down
WeeDawgNYC
In Exile

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 22:21

Im sorry but I still fail to grasp what the hinderence is. Something that affected 12" plasmas now affects everythng at 12" the same???
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 00:53

WeeDawgNYC wrote:
Im sorry but I still fail to grasp what the hinderence is. Something that affected 12" plasmas now affects everythng at 12" the same???
The Plasma Siphon makes it so anyone who fires a Plasma Weapon within 12" of the wielder to have to fire at BS1. The FAQ says that the majority of Tau weapons are Plasma Weapons. Therefore, if you are within 12" of most Tau model, you just took out most of their weapons

It isn't incredibly massive (It is just slightly massive for reasons stated above), but it is kicking Tau while they are down imo.

WeeDawgNYC
In Exile

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 01:28

Rangrok1k wrote:

The Plasma Siphon makes it so anyone who fires a Plasma Weapon within 12" of the wielder to have to fire at BS1. The FAQ says that the majority of Tau weapons are Plasma Weapons. Therefore, if you are within 12" of most Tau model, you just took out most of their weapons.

Please forgive me but it seems to me like you have a heavy accent & it shows. Based on what you wrote I comprehend it 2 ways

1) A benefit: anyone (including enemy) with a plasma weapon thats within a Tau model is reduced to BS1.

2) A hindrance: any Tau with a plasma weapon thats within 12" of an enemy is reduced to BS1.

So wich is it?
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 01:54

it's the second, everyone shooting a Plasma weapon closer than 12" to an "Ulumeathi
Plasma Syphon" (GK p.62) has his BS reduced to 1.
The FAQ only states, what is a Plasma weapon, which would be 'All Plasma weapons, as well as Eldar missile launchers firing plasma missiles, burst cannons, starcannons, all Tau pulse weapons and any weapon described as using ‘plasma’ as its effect or in its special rules.'

BTW: Mandrakes count as demons, but as they aren't widely used it's not a great setback

WeeDawgNYC
In Exile

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 05:33

lol I get it..my crazy @ss was lookinh in the Tau codex instead of the GK one..smh
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 16:06

Quote :
The disintegrator cannon fires a particle of unstable matter harnessed from a stolen sun. The disintegrator cannon is far more sophisticated than conventional plasma-based weaponry, however, for it maintains a high rate of fire and always remains cool to the touch despite the ravening energies housed within.

Quote :
Q: What counts as a plasma weapon for the Ulumeathi
Plasma Syphon? (p62)
A: All Plasma weapons, as well as Eldar missile
launchers firing plasma missiles, burst cannons,
starcannons, all Tau pulse weapons and any weapon
described as using ‘plasma’ as its effect or in its special
rules.
Emphasis mine.

So does this mean that Dissies are affected? Your thoughts please.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!

Last edited by Baron Tordeck on Fri Jun 17 2011, 17:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 17:06

No, because they are better Very Happy Or worse actually.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 23:27

Wow. It's like Grey Knights beat everyone. That's kinda messed up.

Please refrain from using sexual identity as a means of insult - Baron Tordeck
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 23:32

Well, not. Most people think that Purifiers+Psybolt spam is good so we are safe actually. For now. Still, making EVERY (even stubborn) unit run/autosuffer from fearless is beardy. Someone should give Mattew only white crayons...

Edited by Baron Tordeck
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 01:06

The Grey Knights codex annoyed me. At first, as a Nid player, I was planning on just throwing more Gaunts at them than they have bullets... until I found out about Purifiers. Then I was like:
Grey Knight FAQ's  41572_34328596079_279_n

Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 08:10

Meh, I'm just glad they fixed some of the issues (mostly Dreadknight-based).
The Plasma Siphon is just not worth it, and doesn't really affect anyone outside of guys wanting to rapid fire plasma guns at GKs. Most other 'plasma' weapons will stay out of 12". And if you know your opponent has the plasma syphon you can always just kill the guy quickly enough to make sure you're not affected.

@Baron Tordeck: I'm a bit torn on that one. I think it should be affected as it is basically our version of the starcannon. But the description makes it sound more like Darklight weapon that fires nonsense than a real plasma weapon. Then again, it does go on to say that it's more sophisticated than conventional plasma weaponry.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grey Knight FAQ's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight FAQ's    Grey Knight FAQ's  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight FAQ's
Page 1 of 1