THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hello Denizens of the Night

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheebs
Slave
Cheebs

Hello Denizens of the Night Empty
PostSubject: Hello Denizens of the Night   Hello Denizens of the Night I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 07:17

Hey everybody! I look forward to lurking these forums for a long time.

I played 40k almost 11 years ago when I was younger. Much has changed since then! I will be selling off all my old models and travelling the dark path to Commorragh!

I understand that DE have steep learning curve and I hope that I will not be discouraged from playing them due to this. I hope that you guys can continue to inspire me in my endeavors. I really enjoy the back story, models and just everything about this army.

My buddy has about 1250 points of space wolves that I will probably be playing against the most. The FLGS scene is also heavily saturated with MEQS ( also saw a couple Tau armies). Im looking to start off with a battle force, raider and archon and then beef them up with gear to get about 600-700 points out of them.

There all done, any tips for building up a new army are very welcome. I looked at Shadows Revenge beginners army post at 1500 points, but below that he stated he really needed to update his suggestion....so im not sure if I should go along with that anymore. Also tips against Space Wolves would be most awesome! All I have purchased is the the Codex (and I read it every night) so if there is a new different 6th edition route to building a DE force please let me know! Other wise ill be buying the models above this weekend most likely.

Also im not looking to be super competitive, just kill things and have fun.

I've rambled enough!

Thanks guys,

Dom
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Hello Denizens of the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Denizens of the Night   Hello Denizens of the Night I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 03:51

Cheebs wrote:
Also im not looking to be super competitive, just kill things and have fun.

I've rambled enough!

Thanks guys,

Dom

Good on ya, Dom!

Personally, I found that DE do have a good learning curve (and I am still climbing it), but I would not call it so steep that it should discourage anyone. They offer much variety and a lot of fun, more so than many other armies, and you can get out of them whatever you put in.

Check out our Tactics and Army Lists sections, you will find that there is no one, 'right' army build, but there is plenty of advice to be had.

Good luck and welcome to the Darkest Depths of Depravity!

BTW - Hawaii, eh? You might be the first here! Wish I was playing 40K in Hawaii Sad
Back to top Go down

Hello Denizens of the Night
Page 1 of 1