THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition

Go down 
+13
Aschen
RabbitMaster
shadowseercB
Skye26
Tiri Rana
Crazy_Ivan
Ehawther
colinsherlow
tlronin
Count Adhemar
The_Burning_Eye
Kinnay
Mushkilla
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Skye26
Hellion
Skye26

Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 02:42

It also says on page 91 that models have to be "in" area terrain to claim cover, not just chilling at the edge ^.^

Like a Star @ heaven Blah blah woof woof! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 02:46

I've had this discussion a few times with him I need it FAQing to stop him getting daft cover saves lol
Back to top Go down
Skye26
Hellion
Skye26

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 03:04

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
I've had this discussion a few times with him I need it FAQing to stop him getting daft cover saves lol

Just had a good look through the BRB and RAW your friend is actually right Sad

Even looked on another forum to clarify and found this had been discussed here too:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/461631.page
(Sorry if i'm not supposed to post links to other forums, i can take it down)

Personally i would still argue that the base should be at least 25% in the area terrain

Otherwise i guess i was wrong, this is a sad day indeed lol :p

Also apologies, we seem to have gone way off topic here

Like a Star @ heaven Blah blah woof woof! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 06:38

I got in a arguement a couple weeks ago about cover.

When we are in Ruins but we are not obscured at all that is a 5+ and if we are 25% obscured in the ruins then that is a 4+ cover. Is that correct?

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 09:01

Guys,

This has been discussed here on this very forum:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5550-vehicles-cover-in-area-terrain

So MCs do benefit from area terrain. The question is, when is a MC 'in' area terrain. If your Nid playing friend is being a d* about it, take 3 Taloi and put 1mm of the base in area terrain and claim 5+ coversaves. See if he likes it.

So the question for the FAQ could be (to bring this back on topic):

Q: When is a monstrous Creature (or any model really) in area terrain?
A: When the entire base is within the boundaries of the terrain.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 09:08

Already added the question as a double barrel question:

Q: Do Monstrous Creatures benefit from area terrain? If so how much of a Monstrous Creatures base must be in area terrain for it to get a cover save?
A:

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
RabbitMaster
Hellion
RabbitMaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 10:09

Quote :
When we are in Ruins but we are not obscured at all that is a 5+ and if we are 25% obscured in the ruins then that is a 4+ cover. Is that correct?
It's a bit trickier than that. A ruin by itself isn't an area terrain. So if you're obscured by the ruin, you get a 4+ cover save. If you're not obscured you get nothing.

However, most of the times ruins are glued on bases, which are then treated as an area terrain (see BRB p98). So you have 3 possibilities :
  • you are located in the area terrain and the ruin obscures you => you get a 5+ cover from the area and a 4+ from the ruin.
  • you are located in the area terrain but the ruin does not obscures you => you only get the 5+ cover from the area.
  • you are not located in the area terrain, but the ruin does obscures you (for example if you're in one of the upper level of the ruin, or just behind the whole thing) => you only get the 4+ save from the ruin.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 10:17

RabbitMaster wrote:

• you are located in the area terrain and the ruin obscures you => you get a 5+ cover from the area and a 4+ from the ruin.

This is the case where you can get a 2+ cover save for going to ground, 4+ for being obscured by a ruin, and +2 to cover saves when going to ground because of area terrain.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 10:54

Yup. Nice. Smile

Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 08:38

So...Lemme get this straight. If I have a unit A in area terrain behind unit B, and unit A is shot at, and they went to ground..they would get a 3+ cover save? 5 for intervening model, +2 for going to ground in area terrain?
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 08:42

@Aschen: Regardless if unit B is intervening or not, you'd get a 5+ save from area terrain for Unit A. Then if you G2G you'd indeed get a 3+ coversave.

Perhaps you could even negotiate a +1 on the cover for the intervening unit B (making the shots even harder) and you'd get a 2+ coversave.

Remember that in a Ruine area terrain (and you're obscured by the Ruine) you'll get 2+ coversave for G2G regardless.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 09:38

Aschen wrote:
So...Lemme get this straight. If I have a unit A in area terrain behind unit B, and unit A is shot at, and they went to ground..they would get a 3+ cover save? 5 for intervening model, +2 for going to ground in area terrain?

You would get a 3+ cover save anyway, as area terrain is normally 5+ cover. So you don't need an intervening unit.

Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 08:57

Here's one due to the new Daemons Codex:

The Warpflame ability of Daemons of Tzentch has the potential to give or add +1 to FNP roles.

What happens if a Dark Eldar Unit gains FNP from Warpfire, and then gains its first Pain token?

Does it Just get 5+ FNP or is it then 4+ FNP?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 12:16

Added.

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31 2013, 13:00

Can you take cover saves against imotekh's lord of the storms lightning attacks?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 08:14

Added the following:

Q: Can Vehicles benefit from invulnerable saves (the rules for invulnerable saves say they only preventing wounds)?
A: Yes

Q: Does the ignore cover special rule affect vehicles (the rules for ignore cover say cover saves cannot be taken against wounds caused by weapons with the ignore cover special rule, but makes no mention for vehicles)?
A: Yes.

Q: Can monstrous creatures fire two weapons on overwatch (Their rules specify they may fire two weapons in the shooting phase, but do not mention ovewatch or the assault phase)?
A: Yes

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23 2013, 13:33

Update: in the latest games work shop FAQ four of the rule questions/problems we had have been fixed/answered! This is a good sign games workshop is listening to the 40k community. We are getting there. Smile

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12 2013, 09:03

Just an update. I have sent this off to the FAQ team. Fingers crossed we will see the results come the next round of FAQs.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12 2013, 19:44

Tell me more about these Dark Edlars.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12 2013, 20:30

*fixed* Dyslexia FTW Very Happy

Back to top Go down
High Archon Kraillach
Slave
High Archon Kraillach

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 10:56

Kinnay wrote:
Q: What is the individual firing arc of the Venom's Splinter Cannons?

What I've been playing it as:
A: both have a firing arc of 180 degrees.

Is there a written rule that says this? Or is this a house rule?

Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 10:59

No official FAQ. We go with ETC clarifications where it is stated.

But looking at the models it is easy to agree to it.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 6th edition
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2