THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First Dark Eldar Army - 750PTS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grimm_R'Hun
Slave

First Dark Eldar Army - 750PTS Empty
PostSubject: First Dark Eldar Army - 750PTS   First Dark Eldar Army - 750PTS I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 02:16

Just recently joined The Dark City, and I must say there is a plethora of information that helped me narrow my starter army list. Played CSM back when the Daemons weren't an army of their own. Moved on to Orcs and Nids. Just saying that I'm used to paper as my shield as I made these two lists. Reason I am listing two lists is because I truly don't know which way to go with the Trueborns. I have my rock to kill their scissors, and scissors to kill their paper. I would love to know which list is better and it is perfectly fine for harsh criticism, one of the few ways to get better aside from mistake Razz

List 1

Haemonculus
w/ Hex Rifle, Stinger Pistol, Casket of Flensing - 80PTS
(Stinger and Casket for covering up some points room)

4 Trueborn
w/ 2 Splinter Cannons In Venom w/ Nightshield, Splinter Cannon - 143PTS

5 Trueborn
w/ 2 Splinter Cannons in Venom w/ Nightshield, Splinter Cannon - 155PTS

(x2) 10 Kabalite Warriors
w/ Dark Lance in Raider w/ Nightshields - 185PTS Each

Total Army Points - 748PTS

List 2 (And this list, imho, does seem a little more effecient)

Haemonculus
-50PTS

(x2) 4 Trueborn
w/ 4 Blasters in Venom w/ Splinter Cannon - 173PTS Each

(x2) 10 Kabalite Warriors
w/ Blaster, Splinter Cannon in Raider w/ Disintegrator Cannon - 175PTS Each

Total Army Points - 746PTS

Objective of both Armies - Obliterate Armor while simultaneously taking out what I deem to be the most dangerous infantry to my armor. Turn 5, turn for objective maybe.... BWAHAHAHA... Unless I can wipe you out. Please, any form of constructive criticism is welcomed and much appreciated. I know this is only 750PTS, but I've always found it to be a great starting point for any army.
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar Army - 750PTS   First Dark Eldar Army - 750PTS I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 10:52

I like the second list more as the first lacks AT. I'd say get a Ravager or two in there though. They're just move efficient AT platforms than Blasterborn in Venoms. I generally take blasterborn after filling all HS slots with Ravagers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar Army - 750PTS   First Dark Eldar Army - 750PTS I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 12:04

I also like the second list better, but i would definitely invest in some ravagers all of my lists have at least 2.
Having the ranged AT on the table on turn 1 is massively important.
Try running small squads of warriors with a blaster in venoms the fire power they can put out in low points games in unreal.
Back to top Go down
Grimm_R'Hun
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar Army - 750PTS   First Dark Eldar Army - 750PTS I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 22:27

Thank you!! After I posted the army list, I was pretty sure list two was better. Now you definitely sold me on it. Looking at numbers verse effective range, I made a new list. Using Ravagers as my AT instead of the Blasterborn. My seventh army choice, once again, I could not make up my mind. This list will translate into my 1k all they way up to 2k list. This will be the "idea" of what my force will be built around.

List 3

Haemonculus
- 50PTS

(x2) 5 Warriors
w/ Blaster in Venom w/ Splinter Cannon - 125PTS Each

5 Warriors
w/ Shredder in Venom w/ Splinter Cannon - 115PTS

(x2) Ravager
- 105PTS Each

Now, with this last choice... I could go with a 3rd ravager and give the warrior squad with a shredder a blaster instead and the Haemonculus can foot slog, or I can go with -

3 Trueborn
w/ 2 Splinter Cannons in Venom w/ Splinter Cannon - 111PTS

- And now the Haemi has something to cruise around in, and still be unaffective after Pain token.

From 2 to list 3, depending on trueborn squad or 3rd Ravager... Shots vs. Effective range do tend to stand out. List 2 - 8 Blaster shots @ AT verse now 6/9 Dark Lance shots @ AT. Pending Trueborn squad - Dropped 10/13 Troops. List 3's now 6/10 Splinter Cannons vs. List 2's 6 Splinter Cannons and 2 Disintegrators cannons.

Once again, any and all criticism and advice welcomed!! And Thank you again Ivan and Mug!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar Army - 750PTS   First Dark Eldar Army - 750PTS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Dark Eldar Army - 750PTS
Page 1 of 1