THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500 point Coven

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GKP
Hellion

500 point Coven Empty
PostSubject: 500 point Coven   500 point Coven I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10 2013, 23:30

So I sat down with the store copy of Codex: Dark Eldar and did some quick point costs. I came up with a nice little 500 points, and I'd like some critique from some more experienced denizens of the Dark City.

HQ:
Haemonculus
Soul Trap
Liquifier Gun

Troops:
Wracks x10
Liquifier Gun
Liquifier Gun

Kabalite Warriors x10
Dark Lance

Dedicated Venom
Splinter Cannon
Night Shield

Heavy Support:
Talos Pain Engine
Liquifier Gun

Do any of you more experienced DE players have input on this? I'd appreciate it?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

500 point Coven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 point Coven   500 point Coven I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 00:17

Hmmm...

The soul trap does nothing for the haemy. This can go straight off the bat. These points buy you an acothyst for the wracks.

You can't have a venom at all as you are required to be able to embark in the DE codex. This would be a direct swap for a night shielded raider.

Lastly, with your new raider, swap the lance on the warrior squad for a blaster and splinter cannon

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

500 point Coven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 point Coven   500 point Coven I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 00:20

GKP wrote:
So I sat down with the store copy of Codex: Dark Eldar and did some quick point costs. I came up with a nice little 500 points, and I'd like some critique from some more experienced denizens of the Dark City.

HQ:
Haemonculus
Soul Trap
Liquifier Gun
A soul trap doesn't do anything for him, really. A venom blade could be useful.

Troops:
Wracks x10
Liquifier Gun
Liquifier Gun
Honestly, you really need a transport for them. Grab a raider for them and drop a wrack so they can fit in it along with the haemonculous.

Kabalite Warriors x10
Dark Lance
Dark lances are pretty bad on Kabalites. Most of the units we have really benefit from a transport. Our transports need to stay on the move if they don't have a flickerfield. Dark Lances are much less effective on the move. I'd replace it with a Splinter Cannon.

Dedicated Venom
Splinter Cannon
Night Shield
A Venom can only hold 5 passengers, so I'd suggest replacing it with a raider with splinter racks and night shields if this one is intended to go with the warriors.

Heavy Support:
Talos Pain Engine
Liquifier Gun
Good.

Do any of you more experienced DE players have input on this? I'd appreciate it?
Advice is in red.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

500 point Coven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 point Coven   500 point Coven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500 point Coven
Page 1 of 1