THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sky Serpents 1500 Redux

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sky Serpents 1500 Redux Empty
PostSubject: Sky Serpents 1500 Redux   Sky Serpents 1500 Redux I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 22:57

I'll stop abusing the Army Lists section soon I promise; I've just come back from a tournament and after some games and difficult opponents I have come up with the following, still worried about lack of lances or is that just me? I also have some spare points, (37pts) would you (A) buy 5 Warriors to dedicate to the quad gun, (B) Night shields around the place (C) Strip some flickers and add a Venom or (D) do C but strip a Duke's warrior or two and add another Lanceborn squad? Do I have one Venom too many?

Duke Sliscus, 150pts

3 Trueborn, 2 Dark lances, 86pts

3 Trueborn, 2 Dark lances, 86pts

9 Kabalite Warriors, 81pts
Raider, Enhanced aethersails, Splinter racks, 75pts

5 Kabalite Warriors, 45pts
Venom, additional Splinter cannon, 65pts

5 Kabalite Warriors, 45pts

5 Wyches, Haywire grenades, 60pts

5 Wyches, Haywire grenades, 60pts

Ravager, 105pts

Razorwing Jetfighter, 155pts

Razorwing Jetfighter, 155pts

Aegis Defence Line, Quad gun, 100pts

Total: 1463

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500 Redux   Sky Serpents 1500 Redux I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25 2013, 22:25

You'd need more cuts to get some warriors for the quad gun - 45 is the cheapest you can do, and I can't see an easy way to get it. 3 wracks or trueborn would do the job though.

If you feel you have one venom too many, then perhaps yank the venom from the warriors, and have them man the quad gun. Gets you 102 total points to play with. That's a third lanceborn squad, and leaves you with 16 points, enough for night shields on the ravager, and for lack of anything better to do, one upgraded missile on one razorwing (probably necrotoxin).

Also, might be an idea to list the flickerfields on the razorwings. Was about to suggest them for your spare points and noticed they must already have them with the points.

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500 Redux   Sky Serpents 1500 Redux I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25 2013, 23:36

Have you thought about using a bastion with a quad gun?

take 3 units of trueborn in the bastion one of them manning the quad gun, gives you a heavily armoured building with alot of fire power.

Take two ravagers and a voidraven with a flicker field (or razor wing depends on which you prefer) gives you a bit more anti-tank turn one.

Drop one of the warriors from the raider (two if you want to keep the splinter racks) as well as the aethersails. this should bring you out at 1500 bang on.

How do you find coping with unit dug in on terrain? I used to struggle when i ran complete shooty lists, i now always have some wracks or grots with a liquifier to cope with them.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500 Redux   Sky Serpents 1500 Redux I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 17:25

Have you considered the comms relay instead of the quad gun, it makes your flyers a lot more reliable and frees up some points so you can do something with the left over points the list currently has?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500 Redux   Sky Serpents 1500 Redux I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 18:38

Duke has to go.

But looking at your status that's not going to happen. Very Happy But in my opinion you have one big target with lots of easy kills inside. Even Haemy would be better giving them FnP from T1. It's good when yuo get to shoot, but I think it might be quite easy to take down.

Bastion is better that Aegis. At least with your list. It gives your lanceborns better LOS and good cover for your rides. Aegis is too low for that.

T1 one your list has 6 AV10/11 vehicles but no fast CC element. I'm not sure it is enough for 1500. Mushkilla though gets away with it but he has more hull points than your list.

Any report on the tournament (and your opponents and how the games went) somewhere?

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500 Redux   Sky Serpents 1500 Redux I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sky Serpents 1500 Redux
Page 1 of 1