THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500   Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31 2013, 23:59

I've had a sudden change of heart regarding my Eldar pals and a dramatic change in my list itself. This is very aggressive but with the Sliscus soul still there. Looking for opinions and how you would fit Baron and Beasts into 1750....

There are about 22pts spare so debate is on Night shields, Venom blades or more. Reaver squads have alternate weapons as I'm looking to see what suits me.

Duke Sliscus, 150pts

9 Kabalite Warriors, 81pts
Raider, Enhanced aethersails, Splinter racks, 75pts

5 Kabalite Warriors, 45pts
Venom, additional Splinter cannon, 65pts

5 Wyches, Haywire grenades, 60pts

9 Reavers, Arena champion, 3 Blasters, 253pts

9 Reavers, Arena champion, 3 Heat lances, 244pts

Ravager, Night shields, 105pts

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500   Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01 2013, 07:30

About time. Wink

Smart move going with blasters and heatlances. I'm not sure which I prefer at the moment either.

I would definitely get a venom blade on each champ, especially considering you are running the duke (ensuring they get a decent drug roll). It also gives your list an assault element for clearing units out of cover and what not. I might even suggest considering a power spear (S5 power weapon anyone) with those reliable drug rolls (although no assault grenades can be frustrating at times).

I feel your a bit light on troops considering two of your four troop choices are suicide squads.

Not sure I'm a fan of the night shields on the ravagers, but that's more of a personal taste thing I guess.

One thing to bare in mind is it will probably take a few games to get used to playing this list, those reavers can be fickle creatures at times.

Why the change of heart?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500   Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01 2013, 12:22

I don't think the Eldar, as fun as they were, were adding enough to my list.

I'm still keeping the Duke theme and anything with drugs gets slightly better because of him. I haven't run Reavers since my first game with the new codex and I'd really like to try them out as they seem so interesting. I have three tournaments lined up October-November and I fully expect to flop it with this list but at least get an understanding of what works and what doesn't.

My fears are how to deal with the meta. What would I do against flyer spam, Tau in general and of course the now prevalent Wave Serpents?

Would the Reavers act better as 6 man squads, allowing me to get another unit in there?

I'd like to squeeze the Razorwing back in too.

How would you scale up to 1750?

Decisions, decisions....

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500   Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01 2013, 13:11

Sky Serpent wrote:
My fears are how to deal with the meta. What would I do against flyer spam

To quote Mikos Marlow from DoG.

Quote :
I’ll be dropping the crimson hunter. I made the mistake in thinking I could paper over dark eldars deficiency in anti air by bringing it in but frankly it didn’t really do that very well.

Flyers are really something just to learn to ignore, we just can't get the volume of AA to deal with the flyer spam lists and the inclusion of more AA always seems to make our lists inherently weaker.

Sky Serpent wrote:
Tau in general and of course the now prevalent Wave Serpents?

Tau are not that much of a problem, as they tend to be static unimaginative foot armies. Tau mech on the other hand is a lot more threatening but thankfully rare. Tau/Eldar/Guard mech are tough matchups if you don't have sufficient lance fire, though I believe our most effective AT comes in the form of assault units, if you can get them to the enemy (talos, grots, haywire wyches, beasts), lances are just terrible.

Sky Serpent wrote:
Would the Reavers act better as 6 man squads, allowing me to get another unit in there

To be frank I'm really not a fan of squads of 6 the unit becomes so much less versatile, assault goes out the window, the AT becomes less reliable (unless you get both units to shoot the same target), leadership 8 causes problems and pain tokens (the key to reavers) become a lot less effective/efficient. Personally I think you would be better going for one squad of 9 than two squads of 6 if you were looking to free up points.

Sky Serpent wrote:
How would you scale up to 1750?

More troops maybe a razorwing or an anvil unit like grots or beasts. I really think DE need something to draw fire away from the rest of the army.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500   Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02 2013, 16:00

I've slept on the list and what follows is more of a merger of the Toroid theme with my traditional list. Still feel like I could do with some more anti tank, perhaps drop another warrior squad for more Trueborn; the return of... Blasterborn perhaps? 1750 I think I will drop a unit in a Venom and bring in Baron and a large Beast unit. There are 20pts spare.

EDIT: Colour key, white is in both lists, red is in 1500, red units are what makes way in 1750 and green units are added.

Duke Sliscus, 150pts

Baron Sathonyx, 105pts

3 Kabalite Trueborn, 2 Dark lances, 86pts

9 Kabalite Warriors, 81pts
Raider, Enhanced aethersails, Splinter racks, 75pts

9 Reavers, Arena champion, 3 Blasters, 253pts

4 Beastmasters, 9 Khymerae, 4 Razorwing Flocks, 216pts

Ravager, 105pts

Ravager, 105pts

Razorwing Jetfighter, Flickerfield, 155pts

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500   Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sky Serpents Go Toroid 1500
Page 1 of 1