THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Weapons that ignor eternal warrior

Go down 
+3
tlronin
Tyrant Lord 73
PaulT
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  Empty
PostSubject: Weapons that ignor eternal warrior    Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 01:57

Do we have any weapons that ignore the anti instant death rule "eternal warrior"? I thought we did perhaps. I was playing imperial fists the other day and Lysander with his four wounds 2+ save and eternal warrior rules just stomped around the table annihilating everything i had. He took out two Talos in CC like they weren't even there. My opponent could have just fielded that one model and I still would've had a tough time. It can get a little disheartening when we are so fragile and they are so tough....... Sad
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

PostSubject: Re: Weapons that ignor eternal warrior    Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 02:39

Try a Haemonculus with a shatter shard. The shatter shard is a template weapon and any model under the template must take a toughness test or be removed from play. The weapon does not cause instant death and therefore eternal warrior has no effect.
Hexrifles also ignore eternal warrior but would be much harder to kill a model like Lysander with as he would get 'look out sir' and his 2+ save against it.
Back to top Go down
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Weapons that ignor eternal warrior    Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 03:16

That's it Shatter shard I knew there was one, I just couldn't remember it. So if he rolls over a 5 I think his toughness is 5 might be 4, hes bought the farm? Oh I'm going to ruin his day with that next time Twisted Evil
Ta Wink
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Weapons that ignor eternal warrior    Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 07:56

This is more a tactics question. Smile

In answer to your question. You could also deal with it by... Not dealing with Lysander. Concentrate on everything else and keep out of his way by utilizing our superior mobility.
I know it's more satisfying to crush a model that like. But it's a tactic... Wink
Back to top Go down
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Weapons that ignor eternal warrior    Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 11:23

Yes very true I thought I could take him out with not one but two Talos, not the case he ate them for breakfast. If we cant kill him RUN
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Weapons that ignor eternal warrior    Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 11:29

He doesn't get an armour save from the Hexrifle if you roll 6 to wound. They have the sniper type, so therefore rending special rule.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Weapons that ignor eternal warrior    Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 11:36

Timatron wrote:
He doesn't get an armour save from the Hexrifle if you roll 6 to wound. They have the sniper type, so therefore rending special rule.

Sadly, unless GW gets their heads out of their posteriors on the Sniper rules, these weapons will continue to be annoyingly pointless due to the existence of Look out, Sir!

Yay, I rolled a 6 to hit so I can target your Warlord! As long as he fails his 2+ Look out, Sir! roll Rolling Eyes

Basically, use them for picking out special/heavy weapons, maybe squad leaders if you're lucky. Forget about IC's though, unless you're a Vindicare Assassin.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Weapons that ignor eternal warrior    Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 15:36

Timatron wrote:

Also Lysandar has a stormshield... so he still gets a 3++ even if he fails his LoS!

He is also T4... so he needs a 5+ to fail. But you shouldnt be that close to Lysandar anyway...
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Weapons that ignor eternal warrior    Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 22:31

Oh yeah, the old stormshield, forgot about that! He does need to roll a 5 to fail, but because he has 4 wounds rather than toughness 4: it's a characteristic test based on his wounds stat, not a toughness test. Irrelevant in this case but just saying. Also, not many players know the exact rules for Hexrifles and as long as I've said to my opponent "are you going to 'look-out sir' that wound?" I feel my sportsmanship quota has been reached. I'm certainly not going to say"oh,and FYI, if you suffer an un-saved wound you take a test....." . There's giving your opponent a sporting chance, and then there's giving out 'freebies'. Just my opinion of course, but when you run a coven-heavy list like I do, you want to keep a few cards close to your chest if you know whats' good for you, or should that be bad for them? These bits of arcane wargear don't come cheap, after all!
jocolor
Back to top Go down
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Weapons that ignor eternal warrior    Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2013, 06:35

Whats the definition of a "coven" list? Using a lot of Haemys and their weapons? Yeah true about getting close enough to use the shatter shard, its pretty much suicide and still no guarantee of killing him or super models like him.
Why for Lysander does it go from a toughness test to a wound test? Guess I should check my rule book on that.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Weapons that ignor eternal warrior    Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2013, 07:18

Shattershard is toughness, hexrifle is wounds.

Splinterfire will down him if you really want him dead, 72 shots.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Weapons that ignor eternal warrior    Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2013, 15:14

Definition of a coven list; Wracks as troops, Unit of grotesques, lots of Haemies, Both types of Engine, Scourges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapons that ignor eternal warrior    Weapons that ignor eternal warrior  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapons that ignor eternal warrior
Page 1 of 1