THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

eternal warrior

Go down 
+5
Squidmaster
commandersasha
koshi482
Erebus
doomseer11b
9 posters
AuthorMessage
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24 2014, 20:00

Does this grant us FNP rolls with double strength weapons?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twinlinkedgaming.com
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24 2014, 20:14

Short answer: no.
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 16:02

TY
Back to top Go down
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior
koshi482

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 17:11

Yes it would as your immune to the ID rule an as such would be allowed to role fnp. Just as if you were hit with a force weapon.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 17:18

BRB, p36: a double strength wound acquires the ID rule.
p164: FNP may not be taken against wounds with the ID rule.
p163: Eternal Warior reduces the wound loss of an ID wound, it does not negate, cancel or remove the Instant Death rule.

So, no, you can't take a FNP wound against an ID wound, whether it was a double strength, an ID weapon, or any other powers and effects.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 18:11

To phrase it otherwise:

Feel no Pain: "Feel No Pain may not be taken against Destroyer attacks or against unsaved Wounds that have the Instant Death special rule."

So the important part there is that the attack have the Instant Death special rule. So it doesn;t matter what else you have, because the only important thing to consider is whether or not the attack has the Instant Death special rule.
Thusly, if a model with toughness 8 is wounded by a strength 4 guy with a weapon that has the Instant Death special rule (like say a Husk Blade), Toughness 8 man does not get Feel No Pain, because the attack has that rule.
THe phrasing of Feewl no Pain is all on the properties of the attack, not the properties on the person being attacked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior
koshi482

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 18:15

Yes but the wound does not have the ID rule. the eternal warrior rule makes the wound a regular wound
Back to top Go down
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior
koshi482

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 18:16

Says wounds with ID
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 18:21

Eternal Warrior states that any unsaved wound that inflicts ID only reduces the wound by 1, instead of killing the model outright. As commandersasha pointed out, it does not remove, cancel or negate the ID rule in any way. The attack still has the ID rule and thus FNP still cannot be taken against it.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 18:23

Eternal Warrior: "If a model with the special rule suffers an unsaved Wound from an attack that inflicts Instant Death, it only reduces its Wounds by 1, instead of automatically reducing its Wounds to 0."

Doesn't say anything there about negating Instant Death, or removing that special rule in any way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 18:24

The wound still has the ID rule. Your model still just takes one wound. The special rule does not say "ignore ID" it just says: reduce to 1 wound.
So ID against Asurman for example does still cause 3 wounds against him but he reduces these 3 wounds to 1 wound. Attack has still the ID rule and the ID effect, Eternal warrior just reduces the wound loss.
Back to top Go down
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior
koshi482

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 18:44

Well I know a lot of ppl who play it wrong then. Owell the more you know
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 06:43

It used to completely ignore all the effects of instant death in 5th ed I believe, I only noticed the discrepency recently.
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 08:55

Wow I didn't even notice that it reduced the model down to 1 wound. Silly me I thought that the ID was negated totally lol.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 09:15

Reduce wounds dealt to one wound. Not the model. Iirc
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 05:06

Wait... So if I'm hit with an instant death hit, whether it be ID or double strength. I only take one wound, correct? Or am I reduced to one wound total? That last post confused me. Still haven't bought a rule book yet.... Broke sorry. And thank you all for divulging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

eternal warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: eternal warrior    eternal warrior I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

eternal warrior
Page 1 of 1