THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Raiding forces of the Lost

Go down 
+7
Devilish
Lord_Alino
Obyiscus
Herbert West
Sangarn
facelessabsalom
Mngwa
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raiding forces of the Lost   Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2013, 10:13

Heip, Mngwa
I like what you've done, but you really need to build a light box to photograph your minis. Especially when we live up here where light is minimal at best through the very long winter. I built a light box for literally no cost the other day. I rescued a cardboard box from the recycling bin, cut out the sides and top, then sellotaped white toilet tissue over the holes, and taped an A4 piece of white paper in the back. Easy peasey, quick, and dirt cheap!
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Raiding forces of the Lost   Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2013, 12:39

darkmark wrote:
Heip, Mngwa
I like what you've done, but you really need to build a light box to photograph your minis. Especially when we live up here where light is minimal at best through the very long winter. I built a light box for literally no cost the other day. I rescued a cardboard box from the recycling bin, cut out the sides and top, then sellotaped white toilet tissue over the holes, and taped an A4 piece of white paper in the back. Easy peasey, quick, and dirt cheap!
Thanks for the hint Wink

My photos are terrible quality usually because I just take them too quickly.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Raiding forces of the Lost   Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03 2013, 11:08

Updatey!
I made a little prototype box, lets see how that worked out.
Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 Img_0412
There is a little something in the box, just ignore it.
Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 Img_0413
Notice the beautiful white colour and that little mark that shows scissor-cuts at the corner.
Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 Img_0414
Notice how the box... oh whatever.
It is a venom (duh) in the box, it is my specialized wych-carrier, in the traditional colours of the Burning Leaf-cult.
My other venoms have been different, having skulls and red. I am going to use them for only my wracks now, and probably kabalites too, since I got more than just one of them.

Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Raiding forces of the Lost   Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 00:53

The last two pictures look sharper and less blurry. The photo box seem to work!

I think it'ld be nice if you gave the metal guns a wash and highlight the venom with bright lines, usually looks good. Looks like you're working in a nice and good pace!

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Raiding forces of the Lost   Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06 2013, 09:59

The box helps a lot with the pictures. However, putting a piece of blank A4 paper behind for a backdrop would really help. Wink 

I changed the toilet paper in the cheap light box build to vellum paper and it works much better. I paid 70 cents a sheet, so 2,10€ plus 20 minutes to make. Idea 

Anyways, jatkuu (continue) pirat 
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Raiding forces of the Lost   Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06 2013, 15:02

darkmark wrote:
Anyways, jatkuu (continue) pirat 
If you mean for me to continue, say "jatka", because "jatkuu" means "it continues", or something like that!

The language is just great when you can add up stuff to the word like it never ends.

A funny thing: the longest word in finnish language is epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänsäkäänköhän.

It starts as "epäjärjestelmällisyys", "unorganized", but I dont really know how to translate the rest into english without adding around ten more words.

Wait... this is a project log.
MY project log...

Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Raiding forces of the Lost   Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24 2013, 15:52

Updatey!

I had long been thinking of should I get some of the new dark elves, but I ended up looking at quite some different minis that I thought of some other conversions!
Firstly, I was thinking these guys
Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 M1800112_99120212003_DEBlackArkCorsairsMain_445x319
Them mainly because of the capes, I have seen them used to make pretty cool trueborn. I also felt like my klaivex could use one. No idea what I would do with the guys themselves...

Then this guy
Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 M1820067_99060212086_DELokhirMain_445x319
While I do like my own Sliscus, I just really like this one, and think it could work great.
No I don't want that mask.
The guy is metal, though... anyone know if that head is in the model itself or can I put another one without having to remove it? 'Cause I don't know how to get those metal heads off very clean..

Tell me what do you think of those two, will they work for the 40k DE?

Next up, something I have actually painted.
Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 Img_0415
Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 Img_0416
Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 Img_0417
Yet another ranger has been dressed in pink...
(the older one is there just to support his pal, who had a little second thoughts about this)

EDIT:
Just found some other stuff on waylands that could work for a conversion of Sliscus
http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/avatars-of-war/dark-elf-queen/prod_3273.html
and
http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/avatars-of-war/dark-elf-hero/prod_3261.html
Both are quite tempting, and would fit perfectly for the duke.
Anyone know the size of these things? Never heard from "Avatars of War" before, a little suspicious...

Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Raiding forces of the Lost   Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07 2013, 12:10

Finnish Independence Day Archon:
Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 Img_0420

Also hoping for a little comments on the post above.
That is all.

Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Raiding forces of the Lost   Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02 2014, 13:58

Starting to work on a Talos Pain Engine, I think I will give it a splinter cannon and the liquifier gun. Will see if I get any pictures soon.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raiding forces of the Lost   Raiding forces of the Lost - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raiding forces of the Lost
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2