THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Lance Spam

Go down 
+2
Brom
Dark_Kindred
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

1500 Lance Spam Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Lance Spam   1500 Lance Spam I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 06:46

Hi All:

I made this and was wondering if it was too over the top.

Head Quarters
Haemonculus

Elites
3 Kabalite Trueborn with 3 Blasters in Raider with Dark Lance 141

Troops
5 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in Venom with Dual Splinter Cannons 125
5 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in Raider with Dark Lance 120
3 Wracks in Raider with Dark Lance 90

Heavy Support
x3 Ravagers 315

Total: 1498

Summary
Dark Lances: 14
Blasters: 14
Splinter Cannons: 8
Different Lance Targets: 16
Kill Points: 22

I know that it is possible to get at least another 4 Dark Lances but I figured that the marginal return on another Dark Lance vis-a-vis another Splinter Cannon was just not great enough. As is, this list should be able to put out withering long range anti-tank fire with respectable, if not jaw dropping anti-infantry shooting. I think what sets this list apart from a traditional Venom spam style list is the emphasis on long range AT--having another 5 Dark Lances goes a long way, at least in theory.

What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

1500 Lance Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Lance Spam   1500 Lance Spam I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 20:18

I would suggest switching the trueborn rides with the warriors or just going all venoms which is likely the stronger option here.
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

1500 Lance Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Lance Spam   1500 Lance Spam I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 12:09

Your Trueborn have a blaster range of 18" riding with a dark lance with a range of 36" so I'm with Brom here on swapping them into a Venom. If you can find the points you could give one of the Trueborn squads one or even two Dark Lances and be a really annoying sniper squad lurking at the back.

It is a little spammy *ahem* but that is down to personal taste.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

1500 Lance Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Lance Spam   1500 Lance Spam I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 18:28

See how you go with it, having that many guns is alot of fun although it does get stale quickly I used to run 8 venoms all the time.
The haeme is an easy warlord point for your opponents once you start getting to this size game the other guys will have better warlords, I only take a haeme as my single warlord below 1000pts.
You could drop the wracks and haeme and have a shooty archon, give him a blaster, huskblade, soul trap, and a shadow field.
That's 150 points.
Will give you some needed CC bite if the unit gets charged and he will be deadly with his blaster.
You could always give him two blast pistols as he will be able shoot both, but they are only 6" range.
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

1500 Lance Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Lance Spam   1500 Lance Spam I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 14:13

Brom wrote:
I would suggest switching the trueborn rides with the warriors or just going all venoms which is likely the stronger option here.

Agree and i would swap 1 true born unit for SC for dedicated anti infantry ( get a night shield so you can shoot at 36" and even if he goes forward ) . You have enough anti vehicle already.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

1500 Lance Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Lance Spam   1500 Lance Spam I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 15:43

bklooste wrote:
You have enough anti vehicle already.

With the Darklight Curse, you can never have enough AT...

Personally I would drop the blasters and switch them to Lanceborn (3x Trueborn w/ 2 Dark Lances) and sit them back in cover. This provides you with some more long range AT, and saves you 20pts in the process per squad. You can use that to switch some of the raiders over to venoms while still keeping the same number of long range AT shots, while adding a ton more AI.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1500 Lance Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Lance Spam   1500 Lance Spam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Lance Spam
Page 1 of 1