THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Murderous Refrain

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elazar The Glorified
Hellion

Kabal of the Murderous Refrain Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Murderous Refrain   Kabal of the Murderous Refrain I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 19:45

This project log will be following the growth of my new Dark Eldar Kabal - The Murderous Refrain. I've got some fluff to write up for them so will post that once I've finished it but thought I'd post a few WIP pics of some of what I've done so far.

This guy started off as my intended Archon. As is the way of Commorragh he's since been overthrown and is kind of stuck in limbo! I'll finish painting him once I decide quite what he's going to do going forward!

Kabal of the Murderous Refrain Dsc0129dz

Kabal of the Murderous Refrain Dsc0131rb

As you can see most of the mini is still to be painted other than the face which is pretty much finished. If nothing else he's been a Crashtest Archon for working out the colour scheme even if he hasn't gotten past the basecoat stage on most of the colours!

I was working on fluffing out my Kabal's fluff whilst perusing the GW website for nice minis to convert when it struck me that a female Archon converted from the Isabella von Carstein mini would be the perfect basis for my own Archon. Here's a mock-up of how she'll look - sadly I'm missing the arms and a few bits I need to finish converting her as an online retailer has severely let down and still not dispatched my order a month since it was first placed so she's on hold until I get that particular order! Crying or Very sad

Kabal of the Murderous Refrain Dsc0136oy

At my gaming club we're getting set to start a 1000pt league and alongside that I've organised a Tale of Painters working on completing 200pts a month. Made a start on my vehicles for the 1000pts if I get a couple done this month then I'll be on target to be able to paint the Archon and one more next month before starting on the units proper and the last one the month after that. Just trying to make the most of my hobby time that with work and kids is always at a premium!

Kabal of the Murderous Refrain Dsc0144thb

More soon hopefully!
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Murderous Refrain   Kabal of the Murderous Refrain I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 20:09

This looks very promising.

I'm digging the vampire / archon conversion, and your main bone/cream color looks great so far.

The face looks great on your first Archon.
Back to top Go down
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Murderous Refrain   Kabal of the Murderous Refrain I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 07:49

The face on the test Archon is fantastic, really really good.

I'm confused by the colour scheme, is it an ochre or a NMM gold?

Female Archon is looking really good already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Murderous Refrain   Kabal of the Murderous Refrain I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 13:00

Sweet! Loving the color scheme, and the face on the deposed Archon is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Power Hungry Monkey
Hellion
Power Hungry Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Murderous Refrain   Kabal of the Murderous Refrain I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 14:39

Very cool Archon, Isabella is a great model for that. What do you think about using the Sartosan Vampire as a Haemonculs?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Murderous Refrain   Kabal of the Murderous Refrain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Murderous Refrain
Page 1 of 1