THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How to paint it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SinisterPlank
Hellion

How to paint it? Empty
PostSubject: How to paint it?   How to paint it? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 16:39

By now, I've assembled a sizeable ammount of models, and more coming each week. I've begun painting most of it in a pretty straight foreward blueblack base with a light blue extreme highlight, and while I like the look of them, I can't help but buy into the trend of more brightly coloured themes.

I'd like some help figuring out how to paint my DE. Some ideas I've considered are
red-brown suits with ochre coloured armour, and red-brown boats
red-brown suits with sand-coloured armour and sand-coloured boats
Red colour "red grief" style theme.

If you have a good suggestion, I'd love to hear it. Coloursuggestions would be a plus, preferably in the GW and Army Painter paint ranges, sience these are what I have avaliable locally.
Back to top Go down
SinisterPlank
Hellion

How to paint it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to paint it?   How to paint it? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 20:17

I've begun painting up some test models with dark red suits, washed down with a brown, and a bright yellowish armour, painted by a pretty basic form of NMM gold effect. By cutting the final highlights and my usual method of NMM gold glazing, I've gotten a fairly striking ocrhe-brown type colour, I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Now I need to decide wether or not I want an ochre body on my boats, or a red one.
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

How to paint it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to paint it?   How to paint it? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 21:47

Post some pics, that'll help us understand what the models look like and will help us give you the best informed opinions possible.
But whatever colour you've painted the armour, by the sound of it I think it'd look best if you did the vehicles in a more muted version of it. Which is easy for yellow/ochre: mix in some purple.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
SinisterPlank
Hellion

How to paint it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to paint it?   How to paint it? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 00:50

I wish I could post pictures, but all I have at the moment is a phonecam that doesn't focus properly. I'll see if I can't go out and purchase a camera in the coming days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to paint it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to paint it?   How to paint it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to paint it?
Page 1 of 1