THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Anti-Eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow
Hellion
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow

2k Anti-Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 2k Anti-Eldar   2k Anti-Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 13:10

So here is 2k of Anti-Eldar. He usually takes a wave serpent with either Wraithguard and a spiritseer or 6 Avengers, Farseer on Jetbike with 3 Warlocks on Jetbikes, 2x10 Defender Guardians (shooty ones) a Wraithlord, 2 Fire prisms, a War Walker, sometimes swooping hawks or Banshees.

Here's my 2k list to counter that.

HQ:
Succubus: VB Haywires

Troops:
2x10 Wyches: Raider, Hekatrix w/ PGL and VB, Haywires, 2x Hydras
9 Wyches: Raider, Hekatrix w/ PGL and VB, Haywires, Hydras
3x5 Kabalites: Venom w/ Nightshields and extra cannon

Elites:
3x3 Lanceborn

Fast:
9 Reavers: 3 Heat Lances, Grav-Talon, Champion w/ VB

Heavy:
2 Ravagers: Retrofire Jets
Razorwing: Splintercannon, Nightshields, Flickerfields, 2 Disintegrators

Total: 2,000 points.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

2k Anti-Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Anti-Eldar   2k Anti-Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 16:18

why retrofire jets on the ravagers???

why grav talon on the reavers???

Other than that I dont see a problem, although your going to really try and melee wraithguard??? a very bad idea
Back to top Go down
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow
Hellion
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow

2k Anti-Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Anti-Eldar   2k Anti-Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 18:52

Deep striking ravagers work against him, or it has the last several times anyway. Grav -talon can pin his troops last second so they can't capture, they can pin units that he needs to move up quickly, seems like an alright idea, haven't tried it, and it's only a friendly game so why not? And the lanceborn and venoms are going to deal with the wraithguard. I won't touch them with wyches. I learned that the hard way.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

2k Anti-Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Anti-Eldar   2k Anti-Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 20:00

my problem with DS ravagers is that you wont get them till T2, so they cant fire T1, which is normally when you really need your AT (so that they can pop transports that then allow your AI to shoot things) I wouldnt do it, but if it works for you, then go right ahead.
Back to top Go down
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow
Hellion
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow

2k Anti-Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Anti-Eldar   2k Anti-Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 20:30

That's why I have the 3 squads of Lanceborn, and he really only takes 1 transport. If I wasn't playing him I probably wouldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

2k Anti-Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Anti-Eldar   2k Anti-Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 01:44

My concerns are similar to what was said. Waiting a turn to risk a mishap to put a 36" range gunboat up close at additional cost is not a good idea. Start them on the board and watch your 15 lances rip him up (the 3 lanceborn are cool btw..dig it). Sadly the wyches are pretty out of place here but it is a friendly game and I like the gesture. Other than that the loadout on the flyer is also odd. If anything consider disi's on a ravager and lances on the flyer as a middle ground to deep striking the ravagers.
Back to top Go down
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow
Hellion
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow

2k Anti-Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Anti-Eldar   2k Anti-Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 05:32

The flyer is AI. Why not have more shots that still wound on 3+ most of the time instead of less shots that wound on a 2+. Why are the wyches out of place?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2k Anti-Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Anti-Eldar   2k Anti-Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Anti-Eldar
Page 1 of 1