THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2K Anti-Eldar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Obvious
Slave
Captain Obvious

2K Anti-Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 2K Anti-Eldar   2K Anti-Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30 2013, 17:36

Hey everybody! All right to start off I wanna say that although I'm new to this site, I've been a long time visitor and have always loved the great advice and tactics others have gotten by seeking help in The Dark City (sensing a bit of irony lol). The current meta at my LGS is SM (mainly Vanilla, BA, DA), Nurgle CSM, Necrons, Orks, and Eldar. Today I'm looking for that same help against an eldar player who plays like he's in the Nova Finals. He runs a very competitive 2K list and tries not to be smug about it. Off the top of my head, his list usually consists of:

2 Farseers (Sometimes 1 as Eldrad and 1 usually on bike)
~7 Rangers
8 Dark Reapers w/ Exarch (fast shot)
2-3 Wave Serpents
Dire Avengers to fill those serpents
Fire Prism
~8-10 Jetbikes
Swooping Hawks w/ Exarch

Thats probably more or less what he runs, but these are the ones I can remember the most. With that said I would really appreciate some advice/guidance on my list to make his smug face swell with nerd rage lol

+ HQ + (320pts)

* Asdrubael Vect (goes with incubi to own face and hopefully secure initiative)

* Haemonculus (w/ wyches to give FNP and rush his footsloggers or any vics in range depending on situation)
      Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun, Splinter Pistol

+ Elites + (366pts)

* Incubi

* 4x Incubi (w/ Vect to harass any footsloggers mainly HQ's)
       * Venom
           Flickerfield, Nightshield, Splinter Cannon

* Kabalite Trueborn (203pts)

* 4x Trueborn (AT mainly for transports but also any form of vics)
           2x Blaster, 2x Dark Lance

* Venom
           Flickerfield, Nightshield, Splinter Cannon

+ Troops +

* Kabalite Warriors (180pts)

* 10x Kabalite Warrior w/ Splinter Cannon (pure AI in gunboat)

* Raider
           Disintegrator, Nightshield, Splinter Racks

* Kabalite Warriors (170pts)

* 10x Kabalite Warrior w/ Splinter Cannon (deployed outside with raider as screen holding obj)

* Raider
           Disintegrator, Nightshield

* Kabalite Warriors (170pts)

* 10x Kabalite Warrior w/ Splinter Cannon (same as above/AI support)

* Raider
           Disintegrator, Nightshield, Splinter Racks

* Wyches (213pts)

* Hekatrix
           Haywire grenades, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Venom Blade

* 7x Wyches (w/ Haemonculus to outflank behind enemy lines and harass)
           Haywire grenades, Hydra Gauntlets
          * Raider
           Disintegrator, Nightshield

+ Fast Attack + (234pts)

* 9x Reaver Jetbikes (AT support)
       3x Heat Lances

+ Heavy Support + (345pts) (Dedicated AT)

* Ravager
       Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Nightshield
   * Ravager
   * Ravager

Total: 1996

This may sound crazy but I feel like I have too much AT for what he's bringing, which is why I put dissies on the raiders. As for the Flesh Gauntlet, (which I'm sure someone is crapping their pants asking why), I've had tremendous success with it in the past, including 1-hitting a riptide on the first assault after overwatch took out 4 wyches and the last 5 finally made it thru the Shielded Missile drones. I was also thinking about switching the HQs with The Duke and an Archon w/ HB, ST, PGL, CD, SF. I don't have any Wracks or Grots but I do plan to pick some up soon so they're out of the question atm. Either way, any help would contribute to making sure that everyone knows DE are still around and shouldn't be taken lightly!

Edit: So I dropped a Wych and added Splinter Racks to the last 10 warrior raider.

Last edited by Captain Obvious on Wed Oct 02 2013, 14:14; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SeabassMcGrath
Slave
SeabassMcGrath

2K Anti-Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K Anti-Eldar   2K Anti-Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02 2013, 04:41

That guy sounds like a jerk. List looks good for what you can remember about his list. Just be prepared to focus fire because he is definitely going to be using Battle Focus on you(he can run and shoot) so be super mindful of where you place your models in terms of trying to get ever cover save you can. Because I think we all have seen how fragile DE can be. But it's the price you pay for rolling face. The only thing I would change is add Splinter racks to your other raiders, they make a world of difference on those crap dice rolling days. Maybe downgrade the wyches? I know they are awesome and all but with Craftworld's firepower it's going to be hard to get close.
Back to top Go down
Captain Obvious
Slave
Captain Obvious

2K Anti-Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K Anti-Eldar   2K Anti-Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02 2013, 14:08

Yea he is a total powergamer and he fails at trying to be subtle about it Rolling Eyes anyways adding SR to one of the raiders sounds like a good idea just to keep up the volume of fire so I'll try dropping a Wych and throwing the SR on the 3rd boat and see if that helps. Basically, if I can get my opponent to focus more on the Trueborn, ravagers, and even Vect himself, that'll allow me to sneak the wyches  and haemy in behind his line and hopefully cause havoc on any troops or HQs he's got sitting back there. If he's at my LGS tonight, I'll try this list out and see how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2K Anti-Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K Anti-Eldar   2K Anti-Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2K Anti-Eldar
Page 1 of 1