THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Foo's Digital Paintings

Go down 
+4
Lady Malys
Gobsmakked
Cakeaunoob
Foo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

Foo's Digital Paintings Empty
PostSubject: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09 2013, 07:17

Just something I've been working on to learn digital painting that I thought you Commorrites might like. This is very much a work in progress as you will no doubt be able to tell. Smile

Updated: Did some more work on this, added some of her costume.
Foo's Digital Paintings Lelith_hesperax_by_agent_foo-d6cxy8i
A League Apart

Original version:
Not Safe For Work:

Edited to fit rules concerning this type of artwork - Baron T

Last edited by Foo on Wed Aug 21 2013, 20:02; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cakeaunoob
Cake Who Thirsts
Cakeaunoob

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09 2013, 21:32

I love the way you did the hair. It looks so realistic!
Back to top Go down
http://cakeaunoob.deviantart.com
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2013, 20:59

Thank you. It's amazing how you can do so little and trick the human eye into doing so much!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 06:11

Extremely nice work Foo, I especially like the expression on her face, as if she is on another plane altogether.

Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 20:56

She is, as they say, A League Apart. Very Happy I was trying for a sort of detached and haughty expression, but also something that seems sexy and dangerous.

I have no idea if I hit this. I'm just happy she doesn't look like a goofy elf, as she did in my rough draft.

Thank you for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 23:06

I like your use of shadows. Her expression is almost tranced-out, and it does make her look very much as if she is in the zone.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 23:37

Wonderful, as said above, she looks almost meditative.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15 2013, 15:50

Thank you both. Smile

I'm currently working on adding some dead enemies around her, starting with a Grey Knight.
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 19:03

Foo wrote:
I'm currently working on adding some dead enemies around her, starting with a Grey Knight.

This pleases DGP.....

Looks great mate, and so does some of your other stuff. I had one of my Mandrakes creep your page Twisted Evil  Particularly fond of the Canadian Shield, nice one that!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 19:07

The body proportions feel off to me. I suspect its the foreshortening that's messing with you, but her arms specifically don't feel like they match the body, and I get it a touch with the leading hip as well.

Edit: looking at it more, with the arms at least, I think the issue is that if her arms are out to her sides, then they're too short, and if her arms are falling back along the line of her body than her hands and knives are too large - if that helps.

I like the pose and attitude quite a bit, he face is excellent and really conveys her 'tude amazingly well, sort of a fun mix of haughty and seductive all at once.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 22:16

I believe you are correct about the size of the hands/knives. Merci!
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18 2013, 04:39

Back to top Go down
Cakeaunoob
Cake Who Thirsts
Cakeaunoob

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18 2013, 21:01

The knives look much more realistic now. And is it just me or does the shading look softer on the arms? I'm liking it more and more as you add to it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cakeaunoob.deviantart.com
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 03:05

Thank you.

Good eye. The idea is she's stepping into a shaft of light, so her arms are a bit more shadowed than the rest of her.

I put a Grey Knight in and a very rough Tyranid, but I don't think they work well for the composition. It's too muddled, so I'm not going to post that one right now. Or maybe ever.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 13:45

Here's the next thing I'm playing with:
Foo's Digital Paintings Farseer_wip_by_agent_foo-d6iy2a0
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 10:35

This is nice stuff, great lelith!
I have to check that NSFW when I leave office Wink

Good idea about nfsw warnings.

edit: Perhaps you should open up a proper thread for your artwork? At least, change the title to something that associates with your/your art/work
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 20:02

Maybe you're right. I am suck at titles.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2013, 03:22

Threw in a couple Space Marines, finally!
http://agent-foo.deviantart.com/art/Lelith-Hesperax-384536466
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foo's Digital Paintings   Foo's Digital Paintings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foo's Digital Paintings
Page 1 of 1