THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rybnick
Slave

DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850 Empty
PostSubject: DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850   DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18 2013, 21:19

Finally feel like my painting skills have progressed to where my attempt at assembling and painting my many boxes of DE models won't just be frustrating and disappointing! So starting to do some theory crafting on what I want this army to look like!

I like many of you I'm sure absolutely love the Hellion models and the Baron is an absurdly good (and cheap) HQ choice, but 6th edition wasn't extremely kind to hellions and after much scouring of the web it seems like they have mostly been relegated to gaming shelves across the planet. It is my humble goal to make them a functional component of a "competitive" army. I say "competitive" because I won't be taking it to tournaments or anything but I'd like to stand a chance at winning a game from time to time.

So in keeping with the Hellion theme, I'm going to try and mostly stick with wych styled units that are fast. I picked 1850 because that the average point value in my meta and I really enjoy that size of game. Without further ado, here are my list thoughts.

List 1

Primary detachment
Baron Sathonyx
2x3 trueborn - 2 blaster, venom w/ dual VC's
13 hellions
2x5 Wyches - haywife grenades, venom w/ dual VC's
2x3 Reaver Jetbikes - blaster
3x Ravager - Nightshield, 3x disintigrators

Allies detachment
Farseer - jetbike, singing spear
2x3 windrider jetbike squadrons - splinter cannon
Crimson Hunter - pulse laser , 2x star cannons
Nightspinner

I'd love to have a Voidraven instead of the crimson Hunter in the list but I refuse to buy one until they release a model for it. Other then that I think it's pretty solid, I'd toyed around with having a wraithknight in there to offer a big distraction for my enemies to deal with (which still could happen) but I kind of like what the nightspinner has morphed into in the latest codex (the fire prism was a pretty strong contender too).

Well what does everyone think, tear this list apart and tell me where I went wrong!
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850   DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 17:27

Okay I am by no means a pro so future posters feel free to correct mummy corrections lol, but I am running the same race/points and did a LOT of lost building.

I'm not personally a fan of helions or the baron, but that's entirely personal preference.

The trueborn entry Is a little confusing to me. Are there 2 squads with 2 blasters apeice or 2 total blasters amongst the 6 of them? Either way I recommend more blasters. As is at least one guy per squad is wasting his shots if you turn those blasters on a vehicle or TEQ.

The reavers look fine to me but I believe most of the internet recommends the heat lance (I don't have/know the math to back that up though as I don't use them)

I love the crimson hunter but I'd really consider a different load out. I personally use mine as a dog fighter in my helldrake heavy meta so I run with the exarch upgrade and keep the lances for maximum turkey frying. If you intend him for some other purpose then I can't really comment on it as I don't know your plan.

As for the farseer I assume he's to sit back and TL? If so I think you can get by without the bike or spear (just try to los their heavy ranged weapons if they really really want to kill him for some reason)

The list looks sound to me and I'll have to give that nightspinner another look. I hear it is indeed sick.

Good luck my fellow Archon and may our sissy cousin puppets serve you well lol

Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850   DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 19:28

I think he means 2 units with 3 trueborn each and 2 blasters each unit

Also you having the hellion unit with Baron and join the farseer there or are you trying to make the jet bikes be tl( if you are I suggest make the 3 man blob of reavers into a fully 6 man and change to heat lance since you can give shrouded to them making the into a 2+ cover and pop the vehicle in the rear second turn if placed right.

Also given the nature that reavers will be prime target turn on have our opponent pick other units with equal to or greater threats for to pick and no matter which one he will pick the out is still DEATH lol
Back to top Go down
Rybnick
Slave

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850   DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 19:49

Thanks for the replies guy's in response to your questions.

The Trueborn squad is in fact 2 squads of 3 trueborn each with 2 blasters.

I probably should have mentioned this in the original post but the general idea is that the Baron and Farseer team up with the Hellions to hopefully get conceal to give them some survivability. Everything else pretty much does what it's mean tot do, wyches tarpit or take out pesky vehicles, reavers were given a blaster to hopefully keep them alive a little longer the heat lance just seems less effective to me (granted I've yet to try either), the eldar bikers mainly try to not die and use their cannon to harrass the enemy, trueborn can target either vehicles or heavy infantry.

It feels a little light on lances so I might consider putting dark lances on the ravagers instead of the dissies.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850   DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 21:13

I would certainly do DL. Don't forget the jetbikes have Rending (bladestorm) and with the blasterborn and trending termies (short of GK or DA) shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Also the bikes are already tl except for the cannons.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850   DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01 2013, 06:28

The night spinner can be alot of fun, but I REALLY like my knight. He can take a phenomenal amount of fire. I think last game vs tau, he took a massive over watch of like three full firewarriors and some broadsides and walked out with just a single wound. I was able to get into CC with my shinning spears and trueborn to roll almost the whole crew. Something to think about.

The hunter is best left with the standard loadout IMO. If you you go the starcannon route, get the precision shot upgrade and blow some ICs out of their socks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850   DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE w/ Eldar Allies @1850
Page 1 of 1