THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 pts for a team campaign

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

1000 pts for a team campaign Empty
PostSubject: 1000 pts for a team campaign   1000 pts for a team campaign I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11 2013, 12:45

A FLGS recently opened in town (we had none previously) so we moved our gaming club from a local we were renting to that store. In less than 6 months we went from about 6 40k players to over 20. One of our vet decided to start a campaign to initiate those new player so we paired a vet with each new player willing to participate. Since I'm also a Dark Angels player, I've been paired with a new Unforgiven and I decided to play my Dark Eldars (since I'm the only DE player over there and I wanted the new players to see and play against as many army as possible).

Now I must provide the GM with a 1000 pts list with the usual restricted except that I must choose my warlord for the whole campaign, equipement included. I usually run with an fully decked archon (SF,PGL, VB, HB and HWG) but he's pretty expensive at 1000 pts... however, I know he'll be awesome once we move up to 1850. This being a campaign, I'm pretty sure we're going to have Warlord's related objective during the missions... Anyway, here are the two list I considered so far. Any input would be greatly appreciated (note that I have pretty much all DE models so making adjustement should be easy)

Option 1
Archon : HB,VB,SF,CD and GPA
4 Wracks in venom (+1 SC)
2 x 5 Warriors in venoms (+1 SC)
10 Warriors with SC in Raider
Ravager 3 DL
Ravager 3 Disintegrator
Razorwing Jetfighter

My archon is decently equipped (but miss the PGL for when I'll want to run him with Grotesque or Incubis) and my flyer should be the only one beside FMCs (and maybe a vendetta)

Options 2
Option 1
Archon : HB,VB,SF,CD and GPA
4 Incubis in venom (+1 SC)
2 x 5 Warriors in venoms (+1 SC)
10 Warriors with SC in Raider
2 x Ravager 3 DL
Ravager 3 Disintegrator

More Ravagers (more reliable AT) and the incubis should be able to deal with pretty much any threats in CC.

I don't know what my partner will run but here are trhe pairs we're going to face :

CSM (thousand sons)/Nids
IG/Nids
Necron/Tau
GK/SM
Ork/GK
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

1000 pts for a team campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts for a team campaign   1000 pts for a team campaign I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 07:52

Good to hear your club is doing so well!

I would go for the second list. However I would drop the ghost plate on the archon, most of the time when he fails his shadow field he will die to instant death. I might even consider dropping the venom blade and combat drugs too in order to by a PGL for the incubi.

Hope that helps. Smile
Back to top Go down

1000 pts for a team campaign
Page 1 of 1