THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Journal entries as told by...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

Journal entries as told by... Empty
PostSubject: Journal entries as told by...   Journal entries as told by... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 07:53

So I've decided to write up a couple of short journal style narratives as if from the point of views of my Warlords in the last 2 battles I've played and post them here. This is the first time I've posted anything like this on here, or any forum site for that matter so... I just hope someone enjoys Very Happy

Archon Tahlian Dryearthym of the Kabal of the Spinning Blade

"Ha! And here I was under the impression that these 'super-soldier Space Marines' were suppose to the human's elite? They dropped like flies before the might of my Kabal. Their psyker either had a large quantity of gall, or stupidity as he charged me alone. Neither served him well before my huskblade, Soulrazer. His death did however empower me further which was most helpful as these stupid wyches were getting killed nearly as quickly as the enemies. Pathetic. I'll have a talk with Mistress Tyrlylth about the lack of ability amongst her cult.

After dealing with the psyker, I moved on to another group of the human filth and dealt with the majority of them whilst the Hekatrix showed off her skills against what seemed to be their squad leader and did fairly well for herself I suppose. So long as the covens can piece her back together later, she might actually make a decent succubus one day. Assuming she can avoid any more deaths by the enemies ranged weaponry. Still, she and her squad did provide a decent ammunition sponge and tar pit to those monstrously brutish armoured creatures that had tried (and failed) to down my raider earlier in the battle. Of course, even as they charged to meet me in close quarters combat, their leader could have at least had the decency to meet me face to face instead of sending some peon to waste my time. He even hid from me still after I had dealt with the whelp and tried to flee once they realized they could not even put a scratch on me. However, there would be no hiding from my blade for she still thirst for blood!

According to my Dracon who was leading the other side of the field, the humans had barely brought any long range heavy weapons. Naught but a single squad of assorted weaponry I saw perish before my own eyes and a small group of snipers who were the first to die to the Venoms' bite. After they were dealt with, the humans were mostly forced into cover and barely had a moments respite to retaliate. Although I have heard reports of some sort of strange squad that almost seemed to appear out of nowhere right in front of my warriors. While it posed little threat as they seemed to die just as easily as any of these humans, especially once the reaver gang I had acquired joined the fray, I feel as though I may need to keep an eye out for more of these strange occurrences as they did not seem to wear the same heraldry as the rest of the humans.

Eventually the whole enemy force broke into full retreat after sustaining heavy casualties, whilst I barely lost any of my kabal, although I suppose Mistress Tyrlylth will be unhappy with the loss of many of her wyches. Perhaps the Haemonculi can be bribed into 'healing' them though Khaine knows how much the wyches despise scars. Oh well, they should have been paying more attention to the battlefield and less to trying to show off for me."

Succubus Maiethx Tyrlylth of the Cult of Hidden Strikes

"The raid was a disaster! These damned humans attacked whilst I was in the middle of feasting on a sample or two of the new slaves, and unfortunately they were not alone. They had decided to requisition the help of a group of their 'elite' Space Marines, going by the name of what I have been told is translated best as 'Scions of Vigilance' or some other nonsense. They wouldn't have been an issue to deal with except my damned raider pilot can't even dodge the humans' pathetic weapons fire. Quite unfortunate that he died in the explosion, alongside many of my wyches! If it were not for the Haemonculus' part I fear more of us would have been downed, of course he'll never hear me admit to that. His companion's raider left fully intact however, so I feel some foul play may have been at work. I'll have to investigate this later.

And if that were not enough, somehow a group of their jump pack infantry managed to slip by our sky defenses to land near several of the Kabalite Warriors on loan from Archon Dryearthym who had set up to guard our advance. With the loss of my transport, and the enemy now threatening to pincer what was left of my squad, I was forced to turn around and take the fight to them before they could gain a proper foothold. However even with my superb grace we were slowed down my the Haemonculus accompanying us and were unable to truly reach the fighting, except for one silly little Psyker marine who dared stand in my path. I must say these 'super-men' are not nearly what they are cracked up to be once you reach for their throats as even the surprised kabalite warriors held their own against these brutish things long enough for the other Haemonclus to reach them with one of his disgusting but effective acid-based weapons once boarded back onto his raider.

Surprisingly the two Ravagers we had brought along managed to survive and did fairly well once they got back to their senses and could actually aim worth a damn. But alas, these cretins were only managing to encircle us furthur and thus I was forced to call a tactical withdrawal. Once we reach the Dark City I will have to run account of the gains and loses of the venture. I can only hope Dryearthym's venture is more profitable for I do not wish to upset my cult's greatest benefactor."

I hope my first attempt at this was Dark Eldar enough for the Dark City Smile. Thank you to whoever reads this and once again I hope it was enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Journal entries as told by...   Journal entries as told by... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 20:39

This is fun! Smile  So, all in all, the Kabal is prospering, but the wyches are struggling a bit? Huh. Not that you'll hear me complain, oh no...

If I may make a tiny, small suggestion, who are they talking to? It might enhance the monologues if you place them into context, say, for example, the Succubus defending herself to the Archon for her failure. Only a suggestion, mind. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: Journal entries as told by...   Journal entries as told by... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 20:44

Thank you Very Happy As far as who they are talking to, as far as this I had basically seen this as a sort of journal entry/self rant sort of thing (No idea if Dark Eldar keep personal logs or not...). But actually having them them conversing with each other could be a very cool idea, thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journal entries as told by...   Journal entries as told by... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journal entries as told by...
Page 1 of 1