THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1650 vs Eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zanais
Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

1650 vs Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 1650 vs Eldar   1650 vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 12:07

As I dont think Lance Spam is reliable against AV 12 spam with 4+ cover, I ask for your opinion about that approach.

Baron
3x Beastmasters with 15 Khymeras
10x Kabalites with Splinter Cannon
Ravager
Ravager
Ravager
9x Reaver Jetbikes with 3x Heat Lances + Champ with Power Axe
9x Reaver Jetbikes with 3x Heat Lances + Champ with Power Axe
Aegis + Quad Gun

Total 1644

Baron with Khymeras is threat that is immune to insta death like razorwings, and it has to be dealt with fast or can eat through any Eldar vehicle.
Ravagers are only choice from HS I consider at least good against Eldar, MC are bladestormed to death and any flyer will die to amount of S6-S7 shooting.
Jetbikes are here because of speed and ability to atack rear armor bypassing shield. Also power axe gives champ a 5 STR in charge so he can also get glan/pens.
No Venoms as I feel 40 Kabalites are enough to deal with Eldar infantry, especially because they will probably be lowest on target priority.
Aegis + quad is to give first turn cover against Prisms, Walkers, Scatter Lasers etc, or force my enemy to drop his Serpent shields. Quad also gives some chance for glans.

Kabalite Warrior

1650 vs Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1650 vs Eldar   1650 vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 14:37

VS eldar i would try to work some wyches in for their haywires. might not be the easiest thing to get into assault but as things stand eldar can afford to ignore warriors first turns and focus the rest of your army with all their troops safely backfield/inside serpents. with wyches in boats you have more target saturation.

Back to top Go down
fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

1650 vs Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1650 vs Eldar   1650 vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 17:53

Do you know what kind of Eldar list you're up against? A lot of Eldar are playing mech lists with AV 12 hulls everywhere so those big units of Warriors aren't going to do much against that.

I would also recommend getting a bunch of wyches with haywires in Venoms. The Venom keeps them somewhat safe until delivery and the haywires ignore cover in melee and because you're looking to strip HP the serpent shield doesn't matter. Wyches will also help you control space a little better because they're a huge threat to vehicles and it could buy you more time to get your Ravagers in.

I'm not sure what your plan is for taking objectives, but Eldar are really good against infantry and if you haven't got transports for your Warriors then you could have an uphill battle.

Overall it's a pretty good list but I worry about your Warriors without transports. Let us know how it goes and if you know what you're up against then it might be possible to tailor a better response.
Back to top Go down
Zanais
Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

1650 vs Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1650 vs Eldar   1650 vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 19:15

I seriously considered Wyches with haywires. I took Warriors instead because of:
1) Cheaper. 4x5 Wyche Squads in Venoms are total 500 points, 40 Warriors are 400.
2) More bodies. 20 Wyches vs 40 Warriors
3) Holding objective. 5 Wyches won't hold, especially because they are suicide unit. Warriors with GtG, better armor and 10 man squad are far more survivable.
4) Pain Tokens. IF my enemy will have some infantry, Warriors can kill it and get FnP which will allow them to stay on objective even better.
5) Suicidal. Wyches will flat out, maybe destroy some vehicles and die next turn.That will leave me without scoring units very fast.

I see advantages of Wyches, nothing destroy Serpents as good as haywire, and Venoms have bigger threat range than Kabalites. But in mission with objective I feel wyches to be more risky option compared to kabalites. Of course I can be wrong, thanks for your input. I will try to make version with Wyches and share with what I created.

Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

1650 vs Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1650 vs Eldar   1650 vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 05:42

I'm not sure how Warriors on foot are going to take objectives in the enemy's side of the board. If you're not going to switch for Wyches I would still recommend getting transports for your Warriors.
Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

1650 vs Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1650 vs Eldar   1650 vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 11:15

I sort of feel you have a weird mindset of all warriors or all wyches. You want warriors for more bodies and objective based games. Fine. I want that as well. But without transport you have 40 warriors camping your deployment zone unable to move forward as they are fragile without a boat.

Shuffling around a bit i Get the following list

Baron
3 BM, 14Khyms
1x6man Reaver, 2 HL
1x9man Reaver, 3 HL, Champion + Axe
3x Ravager stock
1x10man Kabalite + SC
1x10man Kabalite + SC + Raider stock
2x5man wyches + hwg in venoms with extra SC
Aegis + Quad

That list is the same amount of points as your list and is more rounded i feel. The cost if of course the smaller reaver squad but your troops are a lot stronger this way. 1 camping unit for quad gun, 1 warrior squad that can go elsewhere and 2 wych squads for mech popping, which is most likely needed vs eldar.

Apart from the troops i fel your list was good and this list is also quite easy to expand to 1850 if wanted. Just restore whatever i changed/or add another troop option.
Back to top Go down
Zanais
Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

1650 vs Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1650 vs Eldar   1650 vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 12:28

I like your list Phiandros. I was thinking about dropping beast unit with baron for cheap haem and more troops, but decided I need as big target saturation as possible. Eldar has to have too many targets to shoot at and all of those have to be fast.

I think about changing that part
1x10man Kabalite + SC + Raider stock
into
9x Kabalite + Blaster + Raider
Cause it gives points for Champ upgrade for 6 man Jetbike Squad, and at least one objective will be in enemy zone anyway, so Blaster will be within 18" anyway.

1650 vs Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1650 vs Eldar   1650 vs Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1650 vs Eldar
Page 1 of 1