THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Emperor and his powers in lore

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

The Emperor and his powers in lore Empty
PostSubject: The Emperor and his powers in lore   The Emperor and his powers in lore I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 19:58

Couple questions.

Where does the emperor draw his power from? I'm told iyts not from the warp

Some people say Magnus was the most powerful psyker, but then others say it was the emperor. A buddy explained that magnus was the most powerful conjurer and the emperor was the most powerful psyker, whatever that means... Whose right?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: The Emperor and his powers in lore   The Emperor and his powers in lore I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 20:00

Emperor is the most powerfull psyker of humanity.

It is told he was born when all the shamans ad mystics of his time sacrificed themself to give birth to a one childe. So he does draw power from the warp.

He is also power in itself, not just very skilled sorcerer.

And some might say that at the end 30th millenium he became a god, wonders and miracles has been made invoking him.

So - this is all very comlicated.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: The Emperor and his powers in lore   The Emperor and his powers in lore I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 20:25

Everything you said is what I thought and makes perfect sense to me.  Were else would he draw his power from?

What about magnus, what was so special about his powers compared to the emperor?

EDIT: I do recall several books had parts in it when the faithful had an unstoppable light that killed daemonds so that may be where they think its separate from the warp.

Last edited by shadowseercB on Fri Aug 30 2013, 20:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Emperor and his powers in lore   The Emperor and his powers in lore I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 20:34

Magnus is a very powerful psyker, but he gets lots of his power through sorcery. I'm not too sure on this, but I think even normal humans can carry out sorcery as long as they have some connection to the warp. It's more about knowledge and rituals and stuff, which is why he made the Book of Magnus. It contained all of his knowledge.
I think sorcery is trying to understand and control the Warp, but using psychic power is calling upon the warp directly.

That's my view on it, but I'm not quite sure.
Back to top Go down
fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

PostSubject: Re: The Emperor and his powers in lore   The Emperor and his powers in lore I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01 2013, 03:45

shadowseercB wrote:
Where does the emperor draw his power from?  I'm told iyts not from the warp
Every psyker in the 40k universe draws its power from the warp. Even the Eldar draw their power from the warp even as they oppose chaos in every fashion.

shadowseercB wrote:
Some people say Magnus was the most powerful psyker, but then others say it was the emperor.  A buddy explained that magnus was the most powerful conjurer and the emperor was the most powerful psyker, whatever that means...  Whose right?
Magnus was (and likely still is) a very powerful psyker. It is hard to say who the strongest psyker is but I suspect the answer is more likely to be Tzeentch than anything else I am aware of.

I'm not sure if the fluff has evolved past this, but the Emperor uses his tremendous psychic abilities to keep the warp confined to the edges of realspace within most of the known galaxy. A side-effect of this protection is that he must be worshiped as a god in order to have enough psychic power to maintain this aegis. This was sort of what the fluff was before the Horus Heresy books were being written and I'm not sure if it's been retconned or if a story similar to this is going to appear in the aftermath of the books.

Any Imperial ability which refers to the Emperor, such as the Sisters Faith abilities, uses their own faith in the Emperor to enact the ability. I'm not sure that the Emperor really gives anything to them, it's more their faith which drives these minor miracles.

While the Emperor prevents most warp storms (they used to fill the entire galaxy after the Fall), he cannot quell such things as the Eye of Terror. The fluff presented during the Eye of Terror summer campaign seemed to suggest that the extent of these natural warp phenomena could be quelled manually by killing Daemons and fighting wars on a large scale. This type of fluff provides a possible "end goal" or happy ending for the good forces of the galaxy - even if this end will never be realized or is presented as being an unlikely solution anyhow.

My interpretation is that the term "sorcery" is typically affixed to any type of psychic power which is overt and operates against the Imperium. Some fluff refers to Eldar psykers are sorcerers and many psykers of Chaos are called sorcerers. I don't think there is a strong definition for what constitutes sorcery, but the term makes it sound evil and powerful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Emperor and his powers in lore   The Emperor and his powers in lore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Emperor and his powers in lore
Page 1 of 1